Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    09 Apr '16 17:46
    The US is like a comic train crash in a deja vu world of idiocy.

    North Carolina
    So, you can only poop in the toilet which matches the gender on your birth certificate...
    Do you all walk around with your birth certificates on you?
    WTF!

    Brilliant! Guns aren't a problem, but pooping in the lady's restroom is.

    Hahaha
  2. 09 Apr '16 18:01 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    The US is like a comic train crash in a deja vu world of idiocy.

    North Carolina
    So, you can only poop in the toilet which matches the gender on your birth certificate...
    Do you all walk around with your birth certificates on you?
    WTF!

    Brilliant! Guns aren't a problem, but pooping in the lady's restroom is.

    Hahaha
    If you were enjoying a quiet emptying of your bladder in a N. Caroline rest room, would you be a bit undone if that room was invaded by 40 0r 50 girl scouts? Our quest for bathroom privacy may not be entirely rational, but it is deeply ingrained culturally.
  3. 09 Apr '16 18:48
    Originally posted by normbenign
    If you were enjoying a quiet emptying of your bladder in a N. Caroline rest room, would you be a bit undone if that room was invaded by 40 0r 50 girl scouts? Our quest for bathroom privacy may not be entirely rational, but it is deeply ingrained culturally.
    Yes indeed, just the other day I was taking a manly dump in the restroom when 40 or 50 transgender girl scouts rushed in and started banging on the door. If only the government could step in and solve this major issue.
  4. 09 Apr '16 18:54
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Yes indeed, just the other day I was taking a manly dump in the restroom when 40 or 50 transgender girl scouts rushed in and started banging on the door. If only the government could step in and solve this major issue.
    There you've hit on it. For a century we've had public restrooms labeled MEN's and WOMEN's, and no problems.

    Now we have a bunch of freaks, estimated at 1% or perhaps 2% of the population raising hell about those labels. I can see no reason to stick the public with the additional cost of additional restrooms. Go where you are comfortable, and where your presence will not make others uncomfortable. Better yet, go at home. Do you have multiple bathrooms there for transgenders, etc?
  5. 09 Apr '16 19:11
    Originally posted by normbenign
    There you've hit on it. For a century we've had public restrooms labeled MEN's and WOMEN's, and no problems.

    Now we have a bunch of freaks, estimated at 1% or perhaps 2% of the population raising hell about those labels. I can see no reason to stick the public with the additional cost of additional restrooms. Go where you are comfortable, and where ...[text shortened]... mfortable. Better yet, go at home. Do you have multiple bathrooms there for transgenders, etc?
    Ah, they were labeled for men and women. Just any man and woman, then?

    Do you have multiple bathrooms there for transgenders, etc?

    In France public restrooms typically are for any gender. To my great amazement, they aren't hotbeds for rape and/or harassment. Perhaps people shouldn't be crying like a little (transgender) girl and running to the government whenever someone takes a dump somewhere.
  6. 09 Apr '16 20:37
    Problem solved:
    https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/3/25/23/enhanced-buzz-13458-1364269317-1.jpg
  7. 09 Apr '16 20:51 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Ah, they were labeled for men and women. Just any man and woman, then?

    [b]Do you have multiple bathrooms there for transgenders, etc?


    In France public restrooms typically are for any gender. To my great amazement, they aren't hotbeds for rape and/or harassment. Perhaps people shouldn't be crying like a little (transgender) girl and running to the government whenever someone takes a dump somewhere.[/b]
    I'm happy that the French are so open-minded about it, but in most countries, women don't want to see a guy in their public bathroom facility at a nightclub , school, or restaurant, even if he's wearing a dress.
    It's a cultural thing, you should respect that, since you claim to respect so many other bizzaro differences in other cultures and claim we're narrow minded about it.
  8. 09 Apr '16 21:28
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Ah, they were labeled for men and women. Just any man and woman, then?

    [b]Do you have multiple bathrooms there for transgenders, etc?


    In France public restrooms typically are for any gender. To my great amazement, they aren't hotbeds for rape and/or harassment. Perhaps people shouldn't be crying like a little (transgender) girl and running to the government whenever someone takes a dump somewhere.[/b]
    That works where space is limited. One restroom properly labeled with a warning to lock the door when in use.
  9. 09 Apr '16 21:41
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    I'm happy that the French are so open-minded about it, but in most countries, women don't want to see a guy in their public bathroom facility at a nightclub , school, or restaurant, even if he's wearing a dress.
    And you know this based on which poll?
  10. 09 Apr '16 21:45
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    And you know this based on which poll?
    I've seen both men and women hollering at a person of the opposite sex doing their job cleaning the restrooms without announcing their presence.
  11. 09 Apr '16 21:48
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    I'm happy that the French are so open-minded about it, but in most countries, women don't want to see a guy in their public bathroom facility at a nightclub , school, or restaurant, even if he's wearing a dress.
    It's a cultural thing, you should respect that, since you claim to respect so many other bizzaro differences in other cultures and claim we're narrow minded about it.
    What "bizarro differences in other cultures" have I claimed to "respect"?
  12. 09 Apr '16 21:58
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What "bizarro differences in other cultures" have I claimed to "respect"?
    All of 'em.
  13. Standard member vivify
    rain
    09 Apr '16 22:05
    The only reason we need separate bathrooms is because women are victimized by men. Unisex bathrooms are a step in the right direction, since it indicates that we are becoming more civilized. Hopefully, our civilization will progress to where separate bathrooms are a thing of the past.
  14. 09 Apr '16 22:11 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    The only reason we need separate bathrooms is because women are victimized by men. Unisex bathrooms are a step in the right direction, since it indicates that we are becoming more civilized. Hopefully, our civilization will progress to where separate bathrooms are a thing of the past.
    Women will be always be victimized by men while Islam is still around. Africans victimize their women too.
    What's to be done ?
  15. 09 Apr '16 22:51 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign to KazetNagorra
    There you've hit on it. For a century we've had public restrooms labeled MEN's and WOMEN's, and no problems.

    Now we have a bunch of freaks, estimated at 1% or perhaps 2% of the population raising hell about those labels. I can see no reason to stick the public with the additional cost of additional restrooms. Go where you are comfort ...[text shortened]... mfortable. Better yet, go at home. Do you have multiple bathrooms there for transgenders, etc?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3531233/Inter-sex-model-Sophia-Young-male-female-genitals-bullied-mercilessly-school-carved-modeling-career.html

    Sophia Young (age 22), an aspiring model in Australia, was born with both apparent male
    and female genitals. At birth, she was classified as a girl and given a feminine name.
    Later (after age 8) her genitals developed in a way that motivated her parents to change
    her name to 'Harrison' and bring her up as a boy. Today Sophia Young identifies herself
    as female and hopes to have surgery to make herself appear more like a 'normal woman'.

    Would Nombenign insist that Sophia Young use the public bathrooms for men or women?
    Or might he insist that she not be allowed to use any public bathroom?