Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber mchill
    Infinitorum
    20 Jul '17 03:43
    Trump supporters: Get ready to scream "fake news" I'm sure many of you have seen the latest CBO score on the GOP plan to repeal the ACA. 32 million people cut off their health insurance. That's 10% of the nations population, and guess what. They are going ahead with it anyway! Does anyone here see an upside to this action?? People are going to die because of this. Is furthering one's political agenda really worth this??

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gops-obamacare-repeal-cuts-insured-by-32-million-cbo-says/ar-AAosLiN?li=BBnb7Kz
  2. 20 Jul '17 03:59 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Trump supporters: Get ready to scream "fake news" I'm sure many of you have seen the latest CBO score on the GOP plan to repeal the ACA. 32 million people cut off their health insurance. That's 10% of the nations population, and guess what. They are going ahead with it anyway! Does anyone here see an upside to this action?? People are going to die because of ...[text shortened]... us/news/politics/gops-obamacare-repeal-cuts-insured-by-32-million-cbo-says/ar-AAosLiN?li=BBnb7Kz
    Funny, I've gone without health insurance. Guess what, I lived.
  3. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    20 Jul '17 06:47
    Originally posted by @eladar
    So compassionate.
  4. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    20 Jul '17 06:57
    Trump supporters: Get ready to scream "fake news" I'm sure many of you have seen the latest CBO score on the GOP plan to repeal the ACA. 32 million people cut off their health insurance. That's 10% of the nations population, and guess what. They are going ahead with it anyway! Does anyone here see an upside to this action?? People are going to die because of ...[text shortened]... us/news/politics/gops-obamacare-repeal-cuts-insured-by-32-million-cbo-says/ar-AAosLiN?li=BBnb7Kz
    Neither the House bill nor the Senate bill was about giving anyone healthcare.

They were about eliminating the extra taxes the rich had to pay so that the poor could afford healthcare. That's what it's still about, and the Senate is now going to move towards just eliminating the ACA without replacing it with anything, just to give the rich a tax cut. They don't care how many Americans have to die to satisfy their love of money.

Goodbye, Republicans. I hope getting kicked to the curb the next time you're up for re-election is worth it to you. But then again, Americans have always struggled with voting against their best interests, so perhaps they're just betting that Americans are too stupid to care who lives and dies because of the actions of the filth they elect into office. The 'dittoheads' and the 'FoxNews zombies' will still dutifully obey their masters, even as they watch their loved ones die because they cannot afford the medicine they need to live.

"Everybody into the handbaskets! Next stop, Hell!"
  5. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    20 Jul '17 09:08
    Meanwhile, In a parallel universe where Eladar has not been quite so fortunate with his good health, his tombstone reads:

'Funny, I went without health insurance. Guess what, I died.'
  6. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    20 Jul '17 10:23
    Tell that to my wife you cretin. She has gone into hospital 4 times in the last year for major surgeries. And more coming up. I have been lucky myself, I don't even take the Valsartin for blood pressure now, seems that is under control so I consider myself lucky in that regard but my wife makes up for 4 other people.
  7. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    20 Jul '17 10:29
    I don't remember people dropping dead in the streets before obamacare, why can't we just go back to those days?
  8. Subscriber mchill
    Infinitorum
    20 Jul '17 10:46
    Originally posted by @suzianne

They were about eliminating the extra taxes the rich had to pay so that the poor could afford healthcare. That's what it's still about, and the Senate is now going to move towards just eliminating the ACA without replacing it with anything, just to give the rich a tax cut. ...[text shortened]... ot afford the medicine they need to live.

I'll 2nd that.
  9. Subscriber mchill
    Infinitorum
    20 Jul '17 10:48
    Originally posted by @checkbaiter
    I don't remember people dropping dead in the streets before obamacare, why can't we just go back to those days?
    Your compassion for the poor, sick, and elderly knows no bounds.
  10. 20 Jul '17 11:30
    Your failing memory probably wouldn't be fixed by time travel.
  11. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    20 Jul '17 12:16 / 1 edit
    aiOriginally posted by @mchill
    Trump supporters: Get ready to scream "fake news" I'm sure many of you have seen the latest CBO score on the GOP plan to repeal the ACA. 32 million people cut off their health insurance. That's 10% of the nations population, and guess what. They are going ahead with it anyway! Does anyone here see an upside to this action?? People are going to die because ...[text shortened]... us/news/politics/gops-obamacare-repeal-cuts-insured-by-32-million-cbo-says/ar-AAosLiN?li=BBnb7Kz
    Well to be fair the same Republicans are working to save Charlie Gard from the death panels of Britain's National Health Service. The value of one life is beyond measure to them. Two lives - maybe not. More than two - don't be ridiculous. 10% of the population or 32 million (whichever is the greater) - communism running riot, with a hint of Sharia law.
  12. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    29 Jul '17 09:42
    Originally posted by @suzianne

They were about eliminating the extra taxes the rich had to pay so that the poor could afford healthcare. That's what it's still about, and the Senate is now going to move towards just eliminating the ACA without replacing it with anything, just to give the rich a tax cut. ...[text shortened]... ot afford the medicine they need to live.

See, this is where you're vulnerable.

Obamacare is imploding. It is unaffordable. It was not a law that was ever designed to produce good; it's a propaganda tool. Somehow, Democrats managed to convince their constituents that they got something they never received. It was based on lies (like-doctor-keep, like-health-plan-keep), and passed in the middle of the night without ever having been read. (Well if you want to know what's in it, you have to pass it first."

You all have such a credibility gap to fill with us. The divide is yours to bridge. You have one hell of a lot of guilt to own up to before we'll ever talk to you seriously again. After all the laws your Barry broke, and all the laws his appointees broke - I'll tell you what, I have never, ever voted for a President that has won an election - but at least our side tries one day a week to operate on principle. For you it's all about power and sanctimony. So, guess what, special snowflakes - we're not going to let you "fundamentally transform" America like Barack Hussein Barry Soetoro, the Indonesian Muslim student that received foreign aid wanted to do. I think we'll keep our Constitution, thank you very much, and go ahead and try to take it away.
  13. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    29 Jul '17 12:07
    Government controls healthcare, and they control the people. Right from "Rules for Radicals".
  14. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    29 Jul '17 12:08
    Government controls healthcare, and they control the people. Right from "Rules for Radicals".
    People need to control government - rules for democracy. USA should try it.
  15. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    29 Jul '17 12:11
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    People need to control government - rules for democracy. USA should try it.
    You have no argument here.