Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    25 Aug '17 04:52
    http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-41036631

Far-right activists are using fake Twitter accounts and images of battered women to smear anti-fascist groups in the US, an online investigation has revealed.
    The online campaign is using fake Antifa (an umbrella term for anti-fascist protestors) Twitter accounts to claim anti-fascists promote physically abusing women who support US President Donald Trump or white supremacy.
    Researcher Eliot Higgins of website Bellingcat found evidence that the campaign is being orchestrated on internet messageboard 4Chan by far-right sympathisers.
    One image shows the slogan "53% of white women voted for Trump, 53% of white women should look like this", above a photograph of a woman with a bruised and cut face and an anti-fascist symbol.
    The woman pictured is actually British actress Anna Friel and the photograph was taken for a Women's Aid anti-domestic violence campaign in 2007.
    The images first started circulating on social media late on 23 August with hashtags #PunchNazis, #MakeRacistsAfraidAgain and #BashTheFash.

Well, well, well, well... looks like the alt right has been caught with it's nasty, lying, pants down again.

Actually, besides Nazis and republicants being an offense to the human race, this is yet another reason to ignore twitter and people who twitter completely.
    How often in recent months, nay years, have I had to put up with reporting on what's "trending" and what "the online community" think of things.

What a bunch of moronic bleeding haemorrhoids they all are.
    With their unfunny punchline way of saying things. With their stuck up opinions. With their retweeting (talk about killing originality) of obvious garbage.

When is the mother ship coming for me?
    Trump, Nazis, the KKK (REALLY??? THE KKK is real??? People walking around dressed like Cartman at a Halloween FFing party???), Brexiteers (as if they're sword wielding defenders of the round table), Geert bloody Wilders, Flat Earthers (SAY WHAT??? No, it's Christianity sinking in moronity... and that's saying something for a monotheistic religion with three Gods, angels, saints and prophets), religions which ban cheese burgers, religions which ban alcohol (how the hell are you supposed to suffer you morons sober???), anti-science ("global warming doesn't exist", says moron waving his arms in the air like a muppet chef as his island sinks below the waves), rap music, Justin Bieber (as if to punish the sane), boob jobs, labia jobs, penis enlargements, lip botox (as if having your lips look like they've been vacuum sucked through a coke bottle looks good), anti-immigration, racism isn't bad, EVERYBODY USING PHONES DURING MEETINGS, people holding up a hand mid-conversation to check which message they're receiving on their phone... HOW BLOODY IMPORTANT IS THAT GOING TO BE???

I swear to God, like ET, I've been accidentally left behind on this hell hole and they've still to come back for me.

This world sucks with moronity.
    No wonder everyone needs tummy medicine to help their systems digest the Ritalin and blood pressure tablets they need to make it through the day.

Beam me up Scotty.
  2. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    25 Aug '17 14:01
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-votes-against-anti-nazi-resolution-at-united-nations/?utm_content=buffer84f91&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The United States says it was one of three countries to vote against a U.N. resolution condemning the glorification of Nazism over freedom of speech issues and concerns that Russia was using it to carry out political attacks against its neighbors.

The resolution entitled "Combating glorification of Nazism, Neo-Nazism and other practices that contribute to fueling contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance," was approved by the U.N.'s human rights committee on Friday with 131 in favor, 3 against with 48 abstentions.

Ukraine and Palau were the other no votes.
  3. 25 Aug '17 14:21 / 1 edit
    That God for the European Neo-Nazi movement, otherwise, you would still be talking about Putin.

But we ain't got time for Putin no more cuz there be Nazis everywhere!
  4. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    25 Aug '17 17:38
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-41036631

[i]Far-right activists are using fake Twitter accounts and images of battered women to smear anti-fascist groups in the US, an online investigation has revealed.
    The online campaign is using fake Antifa (an umbrella term for anti-fascist protestors) Twitter accounts to claim anti-fascists promote physica ...[text shortened]... Ritalin and blood pressure tablets they need to make it through the day.

Beam me up Scotty.
    You do know the two most common elements in the universe? Hydrogen and stupidity.

Written by Harlan Ellison and independently by Frank Zappa.
  5. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    26 Aug '17 18:58
    Is God punishing Texas for warping reality with their stupidity?
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    26 Aug '17 19:01
    Is God punishing Texas for warping reality with their stupidity?
    Mighty Tlaloc is in a rage!
  7. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    26 Aug '17 20:14
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    Mighty Tlaloc is in a rage!
    God of the Waters! at whose will the streams
    Flow in their wonted channel, and diffuse
    Their plenty round, the blood and life of earth;
    At whose command they swell, and o'er their banks
    Burst with resistless ruin, making vain
    The toils and hopes of man, — behold this child!
    O strong to bless, and mighty to destroy,
    Tlaloc! behold thy victim! so mayst thou
    Restrain the peaceful streams within their banks,
    And bless the labors of the husbandman.
    God of the Mountains! at whose will the clouds
    Cluster around the heights; who sendest them
    To shed their fertilizing showers, and raise
    The drooping herb, and o'er the thirsty vale
    Spread their green freshness; at whose voice the hills
    Grow black with storms; whose wrath the thunder speaks;
    Whose bow of anger shoots the lightning shafts,
    To blast the works of man; — behold this child!
    O strong to bless, and mighty to destroy,
    Tlaloc! behold thy victim! so mayst thou
    Lay by the fiery arrows of thy rage,
    And bid the genial rains and dews descend.
  8. 26 Aug '17 20:17
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-votes-against-anti-nazi-resolution-at-united-nations/?utm_content=buffer84f91&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The United States says it was one of three countries to vote against a U.N. resolution condemning the glorification of Nazism over freedom of speech issues and concerns that Russia ...[text shortened]... 131 in favor, 3 against with 48 abstentions.

Ukraine and Palau were the other no votes.
    Why do you bother trying to make distinctions between Nazis and Republicans?
  9. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    26 Aug '17 20:25
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Do I make such distinctions? Show me.
  10. 26 Aug '17 20:28
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    Do I make such distinctions? Show me.
    Hit the wrong one. I meant to hit Shav's.
  11. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    26 Aug '17 20:54
    Cause the nazis had more stylish clothes.
  12. 26 Aug '17 20:59
    Cause the nazis had more stylish clothes.
    So it is the clothes that make you a Nazi?
  13. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    26 Aug '17 21:18
    So it is the clothes that make you a Nazi?
    No, it's clothing which makes republicants losers compared to nazis.
  14. 26 Aug '17 21:22
    Hitler saved the History channels maybe he can do the same thing for the Dems.
  15. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    26 Aug '17 22:45
    Originally posted by @robbie-carrobie
    Hitler saved the History channels maybe he can do the same thing for the Dems.
    No reason for the USA to imitate Hitler when the reality is that he was imitating the USA.