Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 09:32
    It seems there are two distinct types.
    Those who love to lob in an incendiary racist/homophobic/mysogonistic rant, and those who constantly apply those labels in ad hominem attacks to justify their pristine worldview.

Is it just that everyone's pretty bored with their lot and see this forum as a means to let of steam and have a bit of fun? Or are chess players by default a particularly morose aspi bunch who have mostly undergone humour bypass surgery?
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 15:18
    Originally posted by kmax87
    Those who love to lob in an incendiary racist/homophobic/mysogonistic rant, and those who constantly apply those labels in ad hominem attacks to justify their pristine worldview.

Is it just that everyone's pretty bored with their lot and see this forum as a means to let of steam and have a bit of fun? Or are chess pl ...[text shortened]... ers by default a particularly morose aspi bunch who have mostly undergone humour bypass surgery?
    +1
  3. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 20:19
    +1
    +2
  4. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 20:42
    Seriously? I can't get anyone to debate the hypocrisy of debating styles that have flourished and taken hold over these forums to choke any opinion contrary to a perceived righteous orthodoxy!?
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 20:47
    Seriously? I can't get anyone to debate the hypocrisy of debating styles that have flourished and taken hold over these forums to choke any opinion contrary to a perceived righteous orthodoxy!?
    ............a perceived righteous orthodoxy!?

Doesn't that differ with the individual. Your righteous orthodoxy probably differs with mine. I agree that ought not alter common courtesy, or dictate debate styles.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 20:54

Is it just that everyone's pretty bored with their lot and see this forum as a means to let of steam and have a bit of fun? Or are chess pl ...[text shortened]... ers by default a particularly morose aspi bunch who have mostly undergone humour bypass surgery?
    Complaining about the quality of the debates on this Forum is an ancient tradition that has been observed since I've been on it and before.

It is what it is.
  7. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    16 Sep '15 23:59
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Complaining about the quality of the debates on this Forum is an ancient tradition that has been observed since I've been on it and before.

It is what it is.
    True, but one could always live in hope that some could try and lift their game a bit and contribute more than just 1 or 2 arguments before the thread devolves into Yo Mama!
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 00:05
    True, but one could always live in hope that some could try and lift their game a bit and contribute more than just 1 or 2 arguments before the thread devolves into Yo Mama!
    Yo Mama's so fat she eats off a satellite dish!
  9. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 07:52
    Originally posted by sh76
    Yo Mama's so fat she eats off a satellite dish!
    Yo mama"s so trashy, when asked what sign she was born under, she said " I-75 6 miles "
  10. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 08:431 edit
    Or are chess players by default a particularly morose aspi bunch who have mostly undergone humour bypass surgery?
    Oh boy, most days there's something to literally get me LOLing. Granted there is certain cringe factor. A couple of recent examples (names changed to save embarrassment)

zoolandsi: a tirade about people giving other people funny looks, how wrong it is when people look funny and how some people just don't want other people to look at them in a funny way, boohoo.

azkatgroaner: people that believe in non-coercive health care want to spit in the faces of cancer babies while laughing heartily.

(name and sex changed in this one to doubly save embarrassment)

ms Ann Thrope Schiziod: make a point that what happens on a private web site is a matter for those that moderate and run that site and you will be charged with being a woman abuser.

Z, K and F don't ever change, the material you blokes come up with, it's gold, satire with the dial turned to 11. It is satire right? never mind, just keep doing it.
  11. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 09:20
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Oh boy, most days there's something to literally get me LOLing. Granted there is certain cringe factor. A couple of recent examples (names changed to save embarrassment)

zoolandsi: a tirade about people giving other people funny looks, how wrong it is when people look funny and how some people just don't want other people to look at them in a funny way, ...[text shortened]... t's gold, satire with the dial turned to 11. It is satire right? never mind, just keep doing it.
    It's the only way I can read it. But I have to tell you its hard going some days. It's all done with such earnestness and conviction you forget it's satire sometimes. Also I haven't taken any mind altering substances for 15 years now. It was much easier to see the funny side back then, stoned. I must praise the minds that have created the online presences you reference. It takes a certain genius to never break out of character and maintain the rage.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 12:411 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder

It is what it is.
    Yes, but now the kicking ball is the radical left because they are in power and destroying the world

It's not as much fun as when Bush was in office.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 13:43
    Yo mama"s so trashy, when asked what sign she was born under, she said " I-75 6 miles "
    Meh. Reference to a street sign is no less stupid or lowbrow than reference to an astrological sign.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Sep '15 21:41
    Or are chess players by default a particularly morose aspi bunch
    Just for that remark, you're a thirteen-year-old jock turd.

You also don't know how forums work. This is not IRC.

HTH; HAND.
  15. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    21 Sep '15 16:041 edit

There are actually three distinct types.
    The third being "paid Gov’t and Corporate Internet Trolls"

I quote,

" You know them…

Their mission has nothing to do with national security, fighting terrorism, and catching criminals. Their mission is to distort public opinion and spread propaganda in order to generate a ‘consensus reality’ – and they are responsible for polluting the internet with much of the garbage in comment sections, Facebook groups, forums and bogus blog posts.
    They jump into productive online discussions and civil debates, and undermine them, ruin them, with uninvited insulting, racist and inflammatory comments If only it stopped there." Sounds like some posters in the debates forum

"The secretive GCHQ and JTRIG training manual which was leaked via Glenn Greenwald and Ed Snowden show an even dirtier side to our governments’ new ‘digital Stasi’. Their report means that the public can finally put an ugly face on this disease which is ruining the internet"

“Among the core self-identified purposes of JTRIG are two tactics:
    (1) to inject all sorts of false material onto the internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets; and (2) to use social sciences and other techniques to manipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable."

I see a few posters here who fit this description to a tee. One in particular.

read more herehttp://21stcenturywire.com/2014/03/01/paid-govt-and-corporate-internet-trolls-are-real/