Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    24 Oct '12 23:26 / 1 edit
    A sitting Congressman's son, no less.

    http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2012/10/24/new-undercover-video-did-congressmans-son-commit-voter-fraud.aspx
  2. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    31 Oct '12 20:36
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    A sitting Congressman's son, no less.

    http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2012/10/24/new-undercover-video-did-congressmans-son-commit-voter-fraud.aspx
    Also having reports coming in that voting machines in NC and Ohio are registering Romney votes for Obama. And vanloads of non-English speaking Somalis being driven to polls. A non-English speaking Hispanic as a citizen I can believe. Non-English speaking Somali as a citizen? Somehow, less likely.
  3. 31 Oct '12 21:41 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    A sitting Congressman's son, no less.

    http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2012/10/24/new-undercover-video-did-congressmans-son-commit-voter-fraud.aspx
    The Christian Broadcast Network. Nice. Very credible.

    So you really are in bed with your religious fundamentalist brethren in the party. Do you agree with CBN that there were dinosaurs on the Ark?
  4. 31 Oct '12 22:22
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Also having reports coming in that voting machines in NC and Ohio are registering Romney votes for Obama. And vanloads of non-English speaking Somalis being driven to polls. A non-English speaking Hispanic as a citizen I can believe. Non-English speaking Somali as a citizen? Somehow, less likely.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/31/voter-fraud-false-sighting-ohio_n_2050768.html
  5. 31 Oct '12 23:52
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    A sitting Congressman's son, no less.

    http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/archive/2012/10/24/new-undercover-video-did-congressmans-son-commit-voter-fraud.aspx
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/voter-registration-fraud-gop-backed-firm-spreads/story?id=17370445#.UJGnB8VZUkM

    And: http://www.salon.com/2012/10/15/karl_rove_tied_to_shady_gop_operative_nathan_sproul/

    In Virginia: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/25/gop-voter-fraud_n_1990104.html (Note: this does not appear to be a case of trying to disenfranchise particular voters.)

    On the flip side: http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20121023/NEWS01/310230011/State-begins-investigation-into-fishy-letters-sent-Brevard-voters
  6. 01 Nov '12 00:11
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Also having reports coming in that voting machines in NC and Ohio are registering Romney votes for Obama. And vanloads of non-English speaking Somalis being driven to polls. A non-English speaking Hispanic as a citizen I can believe. Non-English speaking Somali as a citizen? Somehow, less likely.
    Hey we did land on the moon in 1969. Really.
  7. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    01 Nov '12 15:31 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Hey we did land on the moon in 1969. Really.
    That was a conspiracy too.

    I'm joking. Christ. And yes, I know how old the Earth is. It's an amazing thing to think about. That kind of thinking - they're good people but they're deluded. I'm just your run-of-the-mill, industrialist, exploitative, money-grubbing capitalist Republican. Religious fundamentalists are much more noble.
  8. 01 Nov '12 15:34 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    That was a conspiracy too.

    I'm joking. Christ. And yes, I know how old the Earth is. It's an amazing thing to think about. That kind of thinking - they're good people but they're deluded. I'm just your run-of-the-mill, industrialist, exploitative, money-grubbing capitalist Republican. Religious fundamentalists are much more noble.
    It's looking as if Obama will win his second term like "W" won his second term. He will lose the popular vote but win the electorial vote.

    Both Obama and "W" are so similar to me in so many ways it seems almost ironic.
  9. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    01 Nov '12 15:42 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    It's looking as if Obama will win his second term like "W" won his second term. He will lose the popular vote but win the electorial vote.

    Both Obama and "W" are so similar to me in so many ways it seems almost ironic.
    If that happens, I'll tell you what Republicans won't do.

    We won't blow up Twitter threatening to assassinate Obama. We won't go into mourning for days and weeks, rending our garments and tearing our flesh.

    The other things we won't do: invest in the American economy, because we can get better return elsewhere. We also won't hire American workers. Too much risk. We won't grow our businesses. We won't start businesses. It will be business as usual on November 7. We'll just sit back and protect our money for four years, until we get another chance to elect a Republican.


    EDIT: you know the difference, the real difference, between conservatives and liberals? We learn the rules, we adapt, and we figure out how to succeed. You guys want to slant the rules to your advantage, because you're unwilling or unable to adapt to different rule sets.

    I'm fired up, I am, because I care about this country. I'll be ok no matter what. I care about my nephews and nieces. I'm not so sure that they'll be ok if Obama gets four more years to expand our debt, shrink America, and enact job-killing regulations and legislation.
    Go ahead. Vote how you like. I'm telling you, if Obama wins, it's going to hurt you more than it hurts me.
  10. 01 Nov '12 15:50
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    If that happens, I'll tell you what Republicans won't do.

    We won't blow up Twitter threatening to assassinate Obama. We won't go into mourning for days and weeks, rending our garments and tearing our flesh.

    The other things we won't do: invest in the American economy, because we can get better return elsewhere. We also won't hire American w ...[text shortened]... like. I'm telling you, if Obama wins, it's going to hurt you more than it hurts me.
    Kinda like a kid taking his football and going home because the other kids won't let him be the quarter back.

    Or am I being too harsh?

    The republicans on this site have been crying and gnashing their gold teeth since 2008, do you really expect us to believe that will stop if Obama wins a second term.
  11. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    01 Nov '12 15:54 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    Kinda like a kid taking his football and going home because the other kids won't let him be the quarter back.

    Or am I being too harsh?

    The republicans on this site have been crying and gnashing their gold teeth since 2008, do you really expect us to believe that will stop if Obama wins a second term.
    Think that if you will. I prefer to think of it as, "I know how to make money. I would prefer to make it helping Americans. If Americans will not allow themselves to be helped, I'm still going to make money."

    EDIT: and I'm just a little guy. I know a couple of medium-sized and big guys, very peripherally. Ever heard of "capital flight"? You might want to look into that before you vote.
  12. 01 Nov '12 16:03
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Think that if you will. I prefer to think of it as, "I know how to make money. I would prefer to make it helping Americans. If Americans will not allow themselves to be helped, I'm still going to make it."
    "Think that if you will. I prefer to think of it as, "I know how to make money. I would prefer to make it helping Americans. If Americans will not allow themselves to be exploited so I can make a chitload of money(my edit in bold) I'm still going to make it."

    So when Republicans speak of patriotism they mean an emotional attachment to money and The Republican Party?
  13. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    01 Nov '12 16:11
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    "Think that if you will. I prefer to think of it as, "I know how to make money. I would prefer to make it helping Americans. If Americans will not allow themselves to be [b]exploited so I can make a chitload of money(my edit in bold) I'm still going to make it."

    So when Republicans speak of patriotism they mean an emotional attachment to money and The Republican Party?[/b]
    No, we mean a logical, methodical way of securing our future.
  14. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    01 Nov '12 16:14
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    "Think that if you will. I prefer to think of it as, "I know how to make money. I would prefer to make it helping Americans. If Americans will not allow themselves to be [b]exploited so I can make a chitload of money(my edit in bold) I'm still going to make it."

    So when Republicans speak of patriotism they mean an emotional attachment to money and The Republican Party?[/b]
    Exploited? I give people a living. You wouldn't believe what I pay people.

    Exploited. I'm in sales. (Which is why I have time to burn on this site). Not too many people who work for me, I think, would call themselves 'exploited'.
  15. 01 Nov '12 17:12
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Exploited? I give people a living. You wouldn't believe what I pay people.

    Exploited. I'm in sales. (Which is why I have time to burn on this site). Not too many people who work for me, I think, would call themselves 'exploited'.
    Was not actually referring to you personally, but to pretend that the Republican Party are not marginally further in bed with corporate America and therefore marginally more diametrically opposed to the interests of the American wage earner is a contradiction for someone who seems to take pride in treating wage earners fairly.