Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81298
    14 Aug '18 14:43
    ...must be stopped.

    https://thenationalsentinel.com/2018/08/14/unreal-judge-releases-new-mexico-muslim-radicals-because-islamophobia/
  2. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56284
    14 Aug '18 18:12
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    ...must be stopped.

    https://thenationalsentinel.com/2018/08/14/unreal-judge-releases-new-mexico-muslim-radicals-because-islamophobia/
    Retard.
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    14 Aug '18 20:341 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    ...must be stopped.

    https://thenationalsentinel.com/2018/08/14/unreal-judge-releases-new-mexico-muslim-radicals-because-islamophobia/
    You've never heard of "bail"?

    Apparently these defendants have only been charged with child abuse at this point and none have a prior criminal record. Given those facts, holding them without bail would have been unconstitutional IMO.

    If the prosecutors have sufficient evidence of more serious crimes, they should charge these people not really on uncharged allegations to bootstrap a denial of bail on non-violent, though serious, offenses.
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81298
    14 Aug '18 23:57
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    You've never heard of "bail"?

    Apparently these defendants have only been charged with child abuse at this point and none have a prior criminal record. Given those facts, holding them without bail would have been unconstitutional IMO.

    If the prosecutors have sufficient evidence of more serious crimes, they should charge these people not really on uncharged allegations to bootstrap a denial of bail on non-violent, though serious, offenses.
    you've never heard of flight risk?
  5. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    15 Aug '18 00:261 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    You've never heard of "bail"?

    Apparently these defendants have only been charged with child abuse at this point and none have a prior criminal record. Given those facts, holding them without bail would have been unconstitutional IMO.

    If the prosecutors have sufficient evidence of more serious crimes, they should charge these people not really on uncharged allegations to bootstrap a denial of bail on non-violent, though serious, offenses.
    They were set free with the condition they would pay bail only if they failed to show up in Court.
  6. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    15 Aug '18 00:27
    Of course, the Judge has allegedly received death threats over this. That's sad, but no different from the death threats a Mexican chef received because he served Jeff Sessions at a restaurant.
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    15 Aug '18 02:06
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    you've never heard of flight risk?
    They aren't considered flight risks and the prosecutors presented no evidence that they were.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    15 Aug '18 02:17
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    They were set free with the condition they would pay bail only if they failed to show up in Court.
    Those were hardly the only conditions:

    Backus ruled that she would allow the defendants to be released pending further hearings on conditions, including that they each post an unsecured $20,000 bond, wear GPS devices to track their movements and not leave Taos County without permission.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/five-adults-ordered-held-without-bail-to-face-child-abuse-charges-in-new-mexico-case/2018/08/13/f0fdedca-9f2e-11e8-8e87-c869fe70a721_story.html?utm_term=.a14aea0aae15

    They also are not allowed to have firearms though they were in legal possession of the ones they had when arrested.

    Again, IF the local prosecutors have evidence to charge them with a criminal conspiracy to commit violent acts, they should do so. Since they have not, keeping defendants incarcerated when they are charged "only" with child abuse (and the kids are now in custody of CPS) and have no prior record would be extreme.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    138583
    15 Aug '18 03:10
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Of course, the Judge has allegedly received death threats over this. That's sad, but no different from the death threats a Mexican chef received because he served Jeff Sessions at a restaurant.
    Who prepares the food at Mexican restaurants ? 😀
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81298
    15 Aug '18 11:35
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Those were hardly the only conditions:

    Backus ruled that she would allow the defendants to be released pending further hearings on conditions, including that they each post an unsecured $20,000 bond, wear GPS devices to track their movements and not leave Taos County without permission.

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/five-adults-ordered-h ...[text shortened]... child abuse (and the kids are now in custody of CPS) and have no prior record would be extreme.
    when a school shooting occurs you blame conservatives and try to take their guns. A training camp for school shooters is discovered and you want them back out walking the streets...liberalism is a disease.
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    15 Aug '18 11:54
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    when a school shooting occurs you blame conservatives and try to take their guns. A training camp for school shooters is discovered and you want them back out walking the streets...liberalism is a disease.
    Maybe in your Neo-Nazi world view it's OK to permanently detain people based on gossip in newspaper articles, but that's not how the justice system works.

    If prosecutors have sufficient evidence of a plan to shoot up schools, they should charge these individuals of such a crime not expect a judge to deny bail to defendants with no criminal records accused of non-violent crimes.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81298
    15 Aug '18 14:47
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Maybe in your Neo-Nazi world view it's OK to permanently detain people based on gossip in newspaper articles, but that's not how the justice system works.

    If prosecutors have sufficient evidence of a plan to shoot up schools, they should charge these individuals of such a crime not expect a judge to deny bail to defendants with no criminal records accused of non-violent crimes.
    didn't learn from the florida shooting did you ? All the signs were there, nothing was done. Dead childs body, evidence of shooting training, witnesses saying was training to shoot up schools...PC liberal judge puts them back on the street. Lunacy and you support it.
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    15 Aug '18 17:15
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    didn't learn from the florida shooting did you ? All the signs were there, nothing was done. Dead childs body, evidence of shooting training, witnesses saying was training to shoot up schools...PC liberal judge puts them back on the street. Lunacy and you support it.
    Where are the charges, Mott? The evidence that you think is sooooooooooooooooooooo strong isn't enough to satisfy the local prosecutors. So unless you want to head to New Mexico and run for DA, the only "lunacy" is your and the hysterical right wing's overreaction including death threats to a judge following the law.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81298
    15 Aug '18 19:22
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Where are the charges, Mott? The evidence that you think is sooooooooooooooooooooo strong isn't enough to satisfy the local prosecutors. So unless you want to head to New Mexico and run for DA, the only "lunacy" is your and the hysterical right wing's overreaction including death threats to a judge following the law.
    "isn't enough to satisfy the local prosecutors"

    Trying to slip one in? Did you mean "judge"?

    You are as dishonest as the day is long!
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    138583
    15 Aug '18 20:02
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    "isn't enough to satisfy the local prosecutors"

    Trying to slip one in? Did you mean "judge"?

    You are as dishonest as the day is long!
    Is the day long for you ??
    Symptom for conservative closed mindedness perhaps ?
Back to Top