Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 00:11
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2018/10/11/cnn-segment-calls-kanye-token-negro-attention-whore-and-what-happens-when-negroes-dont-read-n2527459

CNN was just mocking Kanye West for being a "token negro"

Is it just me or is this highly racist and offensive?
  2. Subscriberjoe shmo
    Strange Egg
    podunk, PA
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 00:59
    @whodey

Yeah...If the guest speakers had been white...crap would be going down.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 01:061 edit
    @joe-shmo said
    @whodey

Yeah...If the guest speakers had been white...crap would be going down.
    I don't think so. I think that with Dims and their groupie media types, it is understood that you are not a racist cuz they are the good guys, and as such, using offensive words should then be overlooked.

Case in point is Harry Reid. He once said that Obama won the election because he was light skinned and did not have a Negro dialect.

Not a word from anyone.

Yep, they reelected him as well.
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 01:23
    @whodey said
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2018/10/11/cnn-segment-calls-kanye-token-negro-attention-whore-and-what-happens-when-negroes-dont-read-n2527459

It's just you.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 01:51
    @mghrn55 said
    It's just you.
    Do you know any "token negroes"?

And do you agree with Harry Reid? Did Obama win because he was light skinned and did not have a negro dialect?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 02:30
    @whodey said
    Do you know any "token negroes"?

And do you agree with Harry Reid? Did Obama win because he was light skinned and did not have a negro dialect?
    Do you even know what 'token negro' or 'token black' actually means?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 03:523 edits
    @suzianne said
    Let me guess, it's not a racially offensive term.

In the interim, they attack Kanye as crazy, stupid, and ignorant, saying he has gone off his meds and does not read. It's like talking to Left wingers like you Suzy

Looks like the token negro has left the DNC plantation after speaking out against "W" while he was in office.

Funny, no one said anything when he came down hard on Bush. He was cool then
  8. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 04:04
    @whodey said
    Let me guess, it's not a racially offensive term.

In the interim, they attack Kanye as crazy, stupid, and ignorant, saying he has gone off his meds and does not read. It's like talking to Left wingers like you Suzy

Looks like the token negro has left the DNC plantation after speaking out against "W" while he was in office.

Funny, no one said anything when he came down hard on Bush. He was cool then
    Have you heard Kanye? Or Ye as he now wants to be called. Or did, perhaps he’s changed back?

He is crazy, stupid and ignorant.
    An inflated, talentless ego.

How many coloured (or do you say blacks, across the pond? I can’t quite ever remember which one is the more offensive) celebrities support trump and the republicants?

Pretty much makes him the token.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 04:14
    @shavixmir said
    Have you heard Kanye? Or Ye as he now wants to be called. Or did, perhaps he’s changed back?

He is crazy, stupid and ignorant.
    An inflated, talentless ego.

How many coloured (or do you say blacks, across the pond? I can’t quite ever remember which one is the more offensive) celebrities support trump and the republicants?

Pretty much makes him the token.
    Well my apologies to you and your wife Suzy.

It appears that the term "token negro" was merely taken from South Park, nothing racially offensive about it.

YouTube
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 04:20
    Don't look now, but Fox news just called Kayne a token negro.

Just kidding, but we all know what would have happened had they done so. It would not have been the same reaction as CNN doing it, that's for sure.
  11. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 04:20
    @whodey said
    Well my apologies to you and your wife Suzy.

It appears that the term "token negro" was merely taken from South Park, nothing racially offensive about it.

[youtube]VvUsFQbWZFs[/youtube]
    No it was not taken from South Park.

A token negro, token woman, etc. refers to deliberately hiring or appointing one exception to the rule, to make your group look more inclusive.

South Park takes the piss out of that by calling the black character Token.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 04:24
    @shavixmir said
    No it was not taken from South Park.

A token negro, token woman, etc. refers to deliberately hiring or appointing one exception to the rule, to make your group look more inclusive.

South Park takes the piss out of that by calling the black character Token.
    Stop monkeying up my threads. This is merely guerilla tactics you are using here.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 05:02
    @suzianne said
    So for the record, I can rest assured that calling a black a token negro will not offend them in any way?

Now I'm trusting you Suzy. After all, people like you are so credible. In fact, I almost want to call you "Doctor" Suzy.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 06:54
    Did CNN just use the term "token negro"?

It's your claim, so probably not.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    12 Oct '18 10:56
    @whodey said

So a black conservative Tara Setmayer, (she worked as a Communications Director for the House GOP for 7 years) who now does some political commentary on CNN, says Kanye is "the token Negro of the Trump administration" and we are supposed to infer from that ................................................. what exactly? That CNN is "racist"?