Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 24 Feb '17 03:24
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-kansas-bar-shooting-20170223-story.html

"Man shouts 'get out of my country' before killing one man and injuring two at Kansas bar, witnesses say"

"Prosecutors on Thursday charged a 51-year-old man with murder and
    attempted murder after they say he opened fire in a crowded suburban
    Kansas City bar, killing one man and injuring two others ...
    The Kansas City Star, citing witnesses, reported that the suspect uttered
    racial slurs and yelled “get out of my country” before he opened fire."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2017/02/23/indian-americans-shot-mistaken-for-arabs.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

"2 Indian-Americans Shot, Mistaken for Arabs"

"The white man suspected of shooting two men, killing one, allegedly
    told a bartender before his arrest that he had killed two Middle Eastern men."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/23/alleged-shooter-to-indian-american-victims-get-out-of-my-country.html

"Alleged Shooter to Indian-American Victims: ‘Get Out Of My Country'
    An alleged case of racist mistaken identity in Kansas left two injured and one dead."
    -- Kelly Weill

"A Kansas man allegedly shot two Indian-American men and a
    bystander after yelling anti-immigrant slurs Wednesday night.
    Adam Purinton, 51, allegedly opened fire on the two Indian-American
    engineers in an Olathe, Kansas, bar, in an incident Kansas police say
    was premeditated. Purinton then left the bar and traveled to a nearby
    Applebee’s in Clinton, Missouri, where he allegedly remarked that he
    had shot two Middle Eastern men, and that he needed a place to hide."

Anders Breivik, Dylann Roof, Adam Purinton ...
    The extreme right-wing racist trolls here have a new hero.
  2. Subscriber mchill
    Infinitorum
    24 Feb '17 14:50 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-kansas-bar-shooting-20170223-story.html

"Man shouts 'get out of my country' before killing one man and injuring two at Kansas bar, witnesses say"

"Prosecutors on Thursday charged a 51-year-old man with murder and
    attempted murder after they say he opened fire in a crowded suburban
    Kansas City bar, kil ...[text shortened]... ivik, Dylann Roof, Adam Purinton ...

As a left leaning Independent, I think I speak for most here who don't think of this Kansas man as a hero, but as a criminal. I do however think of you as a white male hating racist, sexist troll.

I don't suppose you've considered the fact that you've become the same thing that you've accused many here of being.

- Your hypocrisy is showing.
  3. 24 Feb '17 14:56
    If only the world was full of dark skinned women
  4. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    24 Feb '17 15:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    If only the world was full of dark skinned women
    They would produce light Skin offspring with White men...
  5. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    24 Feb '17 15:35
    Originally posted by mchill

As a left leaning Independent, I think I speak for most here who don't think of this Kansas man as a hero, but as a criminal. I do however think of you as a white male hating racist, sexist troll.

I don't suppose you've considered the fact that you've become the same thing that you've accused many here of being.

What do you think motivated this man to act as he is reported to have acted, targetted those particular victims and said what is reported?
  6. 24 Feb '17 15:53
    Time to block white people from getting into the United States until we can figure out what's going on.
  7. 24 Feb '17 21:35
    Originally posted by mchill

The lying racist troll Mchill keeps showing his obsessive hatred of me in addition to his abysmal 'reading comprehension'.

The nearly illiterate Mchill fails to comprehend that my usage of "'hero'" means 'so-called hero' (sarcasm intended).
    Mchill also fails to comprehend (or prefers to lie about it) that my statement referred
    *only* to 'extreme right-wing racist trolls' perceiving Adam Purinton as a 'hero'.

The racist Mchill has claimed that white men are the most oppressed people in the USA today.
  8. 24 Feb '17 21:38
    Originally posted by finnegan to Mchill
    What do you think motivated this man to act as he is reported to have acted,
    targetted those particular victims and said what is reported?
    Mchill's a lying racist troll who's obsessed with hatred of me and loves to shout me down.

Mchill has claimed that white men are the most oppressed people in the USA today.
    I suspect that Mchill would like to censor all racist crimes committed by white Americans.
  9. 25 Feb '17 21:52 / 1 edit
    While American racists (like Mchill) seem eager to bury this story, it's receiving major attention in India.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/indian-engineer-s-killing-in-kansas-fbi-probing-hate-crime-angle-india-asks-for-speedy-action/story-ZgtRZlQiphSRy9waz7q67I.html

"Indian engineer’s killing in Kansas: FBI probing hate crime angle, India asks for speedy action."

"The shooting on Wednesday night led news bulletins in India and triggered outrage on
    social media, where people voiced concern that US President Donald Trump’s “America
    First” position on immigration and jobs has fuelled a climate of intolerance."

"Many Indians initially welcomed Trump’s election, seeing his calls to restrict Muslim
    immigration as support for their Hindu-majority country. India has been at odds for
    decades with Pakistan, its mainly Muslim neighbor.

But the Trump administration may also have skilled Indian workers like Kuchibhotla in
    mind as it considers curbing the H-1B visa program, worrying both India’s $150 billion IT
    services industry and Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government.

“Don’t be shocked! Be angry!” Siddharth, a well-known South Indian actor who uses one
    name, tweeted to his 2.6 million followers in remarks echoed across social media.
    “Trump is spreading hate. This is a hate crime! RIP #SrinivasKuchibhotla.” "

In the USA, Sikhs have been murdered by Americans who misidentified them as Muslims.
  10. 25 Feb '17 23:18
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/24/killing-of-indian-man-in-kansas-bar-investigated-possible-hate-crime

"Man charged with killing Indian said to have shouted 'go back to your country"

"The shooting has sparked widespread concern among Indian parents who have
    children living in the US. One parent, Sreemala, from Kuchibhotla’s home state of
    Telangana, told NewsMinute: “My daughter is working in the US. I have made it
    mandatory for her to call me twice a day after the recent incidents happening in US.
    “Last week, she forgot to call me at night and her phone was unreachable. I cannot
    explain my situation in words. I couldn’t sleep the whole night. After Trump, it has
    become worse. Earlier, there used to be frequent robbery on the streets, but now they
    are shooting our children. How we are supposed to stay calm?” "
  11. 25 Feb '17 23:23
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/24/kansas-bar-shooting-indian-hate-crime

"Kansas shooting raises safety concerns for foreigners in US: 'Do we belong here?"

"Any action on charging the incident as a hate crime would have to come from the
    federal government because Kansas does not have a hate crime statute, said Johnson
    County district attorney Stephen M Howe."

Given President Trump's political motive in denying that Adam Purinton could have been
    inspired by Trump's racist rhetoric against immigrants, I doubt that the US federal government
    wouldl charge Adam Purinton with any hate crime, regardless of the evidence.
  12. 27 Feb '17 22:31
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/27/kansas-shooting-indian-vigil-alok-madasani

"Man charged in Kansas attack reportedly said he'd shot 'two Iranian people'"

"According to witnesses, Purinton yelled “get out of my country” at two 32-year-old Indian
    men, Srinivas Kuchibhotla and Alok Madasani, before he opened fire at Austin’s Bar and
    Grill in the Kansas City suburb of Olathe on Wednesday evening.

Kuchibhotla was killed and Madasani injured. The two had come to the US from India to
    study, and they worked as engineers at GPS-maker Garmin. A third patron, Ian Grillot,
    24, was wounded when he tried to intervene.

After the shooting, Purinton, who is white, drove 70 miles east to an Applebee’s
    restaurant in Clinton, Missouri, where he spoke to the bartender. In the 911 call, the
    bartender told the dispatcher a man had come into the bar and said he had done
    something “really bad” and was on the run from the police.

“He asked if he could stay with me and my husband,” the bartender said, “and he
    wouldn’t tell me what he did. I kept asking him, and he said that he would tell me if I
    agreed to let him stay with me. Well, I finally got him to tell me and he said, like, that he
    shot and killed two Iranian people in Olathe."
  13. 28 Feb '17 21:52
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/28/crowds-indian-funeral-man-killed-in-us-protest-against-trump

"Crowds protest against Trump at Indian funeral of man killed in US:
    Srinivas Kuchibhotla, a 32-year-old aviation engineer, was killed in an
    apparently racially motivated shooting last week"

Many Americans (particularly supporters of President Trump) will do their utmost to deny
    that this murder could have been motivated by racism or be considered a 'hate crime'.