Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 27 Nov '14 02:27
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/25/growing-criticism-over-missouri-authorities-handling-grand-jury-decision/

So the Governor of Missouri, Jay Nixon, assembles the National Guard to quell the looting and violence. However, he does not deploy them in enough time to stop it?

Did the Obama administration pressure Jay not to send in the troops?
  2. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    27 Nov '14 02:35
    I read the text but didn't watch the video. The executive order was signed on Monday - at what time? They were deployed by Tuesday morning. How quickly would you expect to be able to deploy the National Guard? Are they able to respond that rapidly?
  3. 27 Nov '14 02:37
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I read the text but didn't watch the video. The executive order was signed on Monday - at what time? They were deployed by Tuesday morning. How quickly would you expect to be able to deploy the National Guard? Are they able to respond that rapidly?
    The National Guard was on top of things when people first began to riot there, but not so now.

Why the change I wonder?
  4. 27 Nov '14 02:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/25/growing-criticism-over-missouri-authorities-handling-grand-jury-decision/

So the Governor of Missouri, Jay Nixon, assembles the National Guard to quell the looting and violence. However, he does not deploy them in enough time to stop it?

He's a Democrat which tells me he is most likely simply incompetent.
  5. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Nov '14 02:49

I caught a cold last week. Must be Obama's fault.

A Governor may deploy his National Guard in his State and no permission is needed from the Feds. The Lt. Governor is playing political games just like you are.
  6. 27 Nov '14 02:53
    Originally posted by no1marauder

A Governor may deploy his National Guard in his State and no permission is needed from the Feds. The Lt. Governor is playing political games just like you are.
    Glad to see you agree with me.
  7. 27 Nov '14 03:01

Well the national guard was certainly on top of things during the first riots, in fact, they went a little over board with tanks and such.

This time, crickets.

The governor has some explaining to do. My only question is, did the Obama administration have anything to do with the different approach compared to last go round?
  8. 27 Nov '14 06:45
    So one day Obama is only playing golf and not ruling the nation.
    The next day "Emperor" Obama assumes total control of the country.
    And now Obama isn't doing enough?
  9. 27 Nov '14 13:24
    The original police reaction to Ferguson was extreme.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/columnist/rieder/2014/08/14/mistreatment-of-press-in-ferguson/14049985/

Tanks came out into the streets and the press were rounded up and sent home. If they want to bring out tanks to maintain order and have men in military gear stand on roof tops as snipers then so be it, but the press should be allowed the freedom to report what is going on.

My guess is that Eric Holder got involved shortly afterward and told the Missouri governor that this sort of response was not allowed again, so they let the city burn.
  10. 27 Nov '14 18:30
    Well the national guard was certainly on top of things during the first riots, in fact, they went a little over board with tanks and such.

This time, crickets.

The governor has some explaining to do. My only question is, did the Obama administration have anything to do with the different approach compared to last go round?
    It is ridiculous to presume the President could have done anything about local rioting.

It may well be that his Attorney General may have put the fear of God into the Governor about over responding.
  11. 28 Nov '14 21:06 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    It is ridiculous to presume the President could have done anything about local rioting.

It may well be that his Attorney General may have put the fear of God into the Governor about over responding.
    All I'm saying is that Eric Holder probably had something to do with it, which traces back to his master.

When it comes to doing dirty work, the boss usually makes sure it can't be traced back to him, kinda like Hitler having no documented knowledge of the Holocaust.
  12. 29 Nov '14 13:28
    Black Friday Weekend Shopping Frenzy!!

Come one, come all, 24/7 shopping in Ferguson!

Everything 100% off.

Disclaimer: Whitey not welcomed.
  13. 30 Nov '14 03:44
    https://www.youtube.com/embed/jboQPpySwXg
  14. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    30 Nov '14 05:32 / 2 edits

I believe he (the Governor) was playing politics and was trying to avoid the bad press from the liberal news media like the first time.
  15. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    01 Dec '14 01:20 / 1 edit

Try taking 1,000 MG capsules of vitamin C every day from Veteran's Day through St. Patrick's Day. I've cut my cold totals in half since I started on that regimen. Also, if a cough is hanging on due to post-nasal drip, try Zyrtec. It's a good anti-Histamine and doesn't knock you out like Benadryl. I can't imagine the clients or judges want you hacking up your guts every 2 minutes in court.

Feel better!