Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Feb '16 18:28
    I believe he did!

Drumpfy boy had it coming and he got it!
    Probably won't influence anybody though, it seems the US electorate is as stupid as a Raygun-Bush JR love baby.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/02/29/john-oliver-slams-trump-a-k-a-donald-drumpf-for-22-brutal-minutes/
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 00:58
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I believe he did!

Drumpfy boy had it coming and he got it!
    Probably won't influence anybody though, it seems the US electorate is as stupid as a Raygun-Bush JR love baby.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/02/29/john-oliver-slams-trump-a-k-a-donald-drumpf-for-22-brutal-minutes/
    When you have a microphone, and a team of writers, and no ability of response for the attacked person, you can make almost anything sound right.

Oliver is just another loud mouthed attack dogs, who get an audience who happen to agree with him.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 09:45
    Originally posted by normbenign
    When you have a microphone, and a team of writers, and no ability of response for the attacked person, you can make almost anything sound right.

Oliver is just another loud mouthed attack dogs, who get an audience who happen to agree with him.
    oh, so he lied?

or maybe he took quotes out of context? tell me, what context can make "we should bomb isis fighter's families" less horrible?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 11:14

What did you disagree with?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 11:26
    When you have a microphone, and a team of writers, and no ability of response for the attacked person, .....
    Trump not only revels in responding to attacks, but probably has the best platform of any person in the world for responding to such attacks.
    You could also respond on his behalf.
    The problem is, as you are well aware, addressing the episode in any way would almost certainly require admitting that some of the claims are accurate. If for example you or Trump were to take John Oliver to task on some minor point it would be a direct admission that he cannot counter the major points. I think John Oliver is safe.
    John Oliver has also demonstrated in the past that he absolutely loves people responding to him because it gives him a chance to step it up a notch.
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 13:002 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Trump not only revels in responding to attacks, but probably has the best platform of any person in the world for responding to such attacks.
    The problem is, as you are well aware, addressing the episode in any way would almost certainly require admitting that some of the claims are accurate. If for example you or T ...[text shortened]... e absolutely loves people responding to him because it gives him a chance to step it up a notch.
    Haven't seen Oliver's hatchet job, but I have seen a another vid that explains step by step (with numerous references) Trumps game plan as it explores and explodes previous sound bite hack job journalism, BTW describing what Oliver does as journalism is like calling a McD's burger flipper a reductionchef de cuisine.

For playing the media he's in a league so high they don't even realise they're being played.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 15:28
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Haven't seen Oliver's hatchet job,
    You should, its good.

BTW describing what Oliver does as journalism is like calling a McD's burger flipper a reductionchef de cuisine.
    Oliver beats all other journalism by far. He tackles subjects that nobody else wants to talk about.
    I wonder though why you would want to describe what he does as journalism. I don't think anyone else here has. It remains the case that he tears Drumpf to pieces and no Trump supporters seem to have any sensible comebacks.
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 15:49
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What did you disagree with?
    I did not agree or disagree. I happened to think it was a waste of time. You should have known going in what you were going to get. Shav and others who don't like Trump get all excited. I'm ambivalent to Trump. Looks as if he gets the R nomination, and I don't see a viable alternative on the other side.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 18:14
    I did not agree or disagree. I happened to think it was a waste of time. You should have known going in what you were going to get. Shav and others who don't like Trump get all excited. I'm ambivalent to Trump. Looks as if he gets the R nomination, and I don't see a viable alternative on the other side.
    You don't think eating a turd is a viable alternative to eating a bullet?
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 19:44
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Haven't seen Oliver's hatchet job, but I have seen a another vid that explains step by step (with numerous references) Drumpfs game plan as it explores and explodes previous sound bite hack job journalism, BTW describing what Oliver does as journalism is like calling a McD's burger flipper a reductionchef de cuisine.

For playing the media he's in a league so high they don't even realise they're being played.
    i am sure you have actual proof where he has shown bias/poor journalism/distorting the truth or outright lying
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 20:56
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i am sure you have actual proof where he has shown bias/poor journalism/distorting the truth or outright lying
    I have twice posted a link here to a well referenced, in depth (think Marianas trench compared to what Oliver and his team do) investigation into the man and his methods. It's by a libertarian so you can be sure it's not an endorsement of any Trump policy.

I used to have the reasonably common view of Trump - Whacky sideshow not going anywhere. But SH was close with - Support for Trump (I will add, not only republican support, Trump has divided the party) is backlash against the current Washington doodooshow.

You will come away with a healthy scepticism of what you're being fed by left (but not exclusively left) leaning media. I know mentioning 'left' in this way will send a few here into teeth gnashing and hand wringing but try to open the mind a chink, you never know what might get in.

YouTube: The Untruth about Trump
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 21:00
    I did not agree or disagree.
    Well either you didn't watch it, or there is something wrong with you.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 21:02
    The problem is, as you are well aware, addressing the episode in any way would almost certainly require admitting that some of the claims are accurate. If for example you or T ...[text shortened]... e absolutely loves people responding to him because it gives him a chance to step it up a notch.
    Absolutely! He controls that forum. It's his turf.
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    01 Mar '16 21:04
    Well either you didn't watch it, or there is something wrong with you.
    I didn't watch, and wouldn't after watching his last hatchet job on Trump. And let's get it straight, I'm not a big fan of Trump.
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '16 01:55
    I didn't watch, and wouldn't after watching his last hatchet job on Drumpf. And let's get it straight, I'm not a big fan of Drumpf.
    again, what do you base your opinions on? what hatchet job, why?

i keep asking even though i know you have nothing just so it becomes more obvious you are ignorant and you make baseless decisions.