Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 11 Feb '17 12:53
    http://www.barenakedislam.com/2017/02/08/did-you-hear-about-the-muslim-immigrant-who-cut-off-the-heads-of-two-christians-in-new-jersey/

    A Muslim man in Jersey cut off the heads of two Christian men. Did anyone here about this story? Perhaps this kind of story is what Trump was suggesting gets under reported.
  2. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Feb '17 13:29 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.barenakedislam.com/2017/02/08/did-you-hear-about-the-muslim-immigrant-who-cut-off-the-heads-of-two-christians-in-new-jersey/

    A Muslim man in Jersey cut off the heads of two Christian men. Did anyone here about this story? Perhaps this kind of story is what Trump was suggesting gets under reported.
    The evidence that that is a "terrorist attack" is? It appears to be a vicious act by a career criminal having nothing to do with terrorism.http://njtoday.net/2016/09/23/yusuf-ibrahim-sentenced-to-consecutive-life-terms/

    EDIT: Ibrahim testified at his trial, claimed self-defense and described himself as " a "local celebrity" who loves women and weed."http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2016/06/man_charged_with_decapitation_murder_describes_him.html

    Doesn't sound like someone out on a jihad because of his deep-rooted beliefs in radical Islam.
  3. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Feb '17 13:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.barenakedislam.com/2017/02/08/did-you-hear-about-the-muslim-immigrant-who-cut-off-the-heads-of-two-christians-in-new-jersey/

    A Muslim man in Jersey cut off the heads of two Christian men. Did anyone here about this story? Perhaps this kind of story is what Trump was suggesting gets under reported.
    These stories are easy to check, whodey; enter the name in Google and do a search. Why do you never bother to do so and simply accept whatever some right wing blog tells you so mindlessly?
  4. 11 Feb '17 15:22
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    These stories are easy to check, whodey; enter the name in Google and do a search. Why do you never bother to do so and simply accept whatever some right wing blog tells you so mindlessly?
    Whodey does double check his stories. It would be impossible for him to so consistently get them wrong if he didn't. When someone does worse than a monkey at a multiple choice test, you know they did read the questions.
  5. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    11 Feb '17 15:59
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The evidence that that is a "terrorist attack" is? It appears to be a vicious act by a career criminal having nothing to do with terrorism.http://njtoday.net/2016/09/23/yusuf-ibrahim-sentenced-to-consecutive-life-terms/

    EDIT: Ibrahim testified at his trial, claimed self-defense and described himself as " a "local celebrity" who loves women and weed."h ...[text shortened]...
    Doesn't sound like someone out on a jihad because of his deep-rooted beliefs in radical Islam.
    The problem, or disconnect here (I believe) is what is in focus by either position.
    Trump--- as are most Americans--- is considering the actions of radicalized Muslims, both domestically and foreign.
    Without question, crime worldwide perpetrated by Muslims has become front and center, a world-wide focus.
    Whether that is because people are paying closer attention, there is an appreciable rise in occurrence or both is undetermined at this point.

    The key term is radicalized.
    If no1's definition is assumed, all actions must be able to be directly linked to some form of a political statement.
    That narrow definition fails to consider that radicalization refers to a person whose actions in either the political OR social arenas are informed in some form or another by their religiously-sponsored beliefs.
    Without question, the apparent rise in criminal activity throughout the world as well as here in the US with Muslim perpetrators is directly related to a form of Islam which diminishes to the point of insignificance the natural rights held by anyone who can be considered "other," as in, not of the same belief circle.
    The jihad has been hijacked by an extreme belief circle, but we see that circle rippling throughout Islamic people: men who rape women as their "natural right," who kill those who attempt to stop them as a matter of "honor," etc., etc..
    Is there a direct link between this scum and his religion?
    Hard to say definitively, but the who and how of the crime appears to align with typical radicalized modus operandi.
    Even if that exact link is not assumed, simply reporting on the basis of crimes committed by Muslim immigrants is completely appropriate given the crime being perpetrated by cretins here and abroad.
  6. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Feb '17 17:03 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    The problem, or disconnect here (I believe) is what is in focus by either position.
    Trump--- as are most Americans--- is considering the actions of radicalized Muslims, both domestically and foreign.
    Without question, crime worldwide perpetrated by Muslims has become front and center, a world-wide focus.
    Whether that is because people are paying ...[text shortened]... migrants is completely appropriate given the crime being perpetrated by cretins here and abroad.
    Freaky: but the who and how of the crime appears to align with typical radicalized modus operandi.

    How so? He's a career criminal previously convicted of a strong arm robbery and here he shots two guys in one of their cars, buries them and steals their car, money and jewelry.

    What about this crime, as vile as it was, has anything to do with "terrorism" or Islam?
  7. 11 Feb '17 17:11
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What about this crime, as vile as it was, has anything to do with "terrorism" or Islam?
    Its all in the name. If his name was James Henry, then it wouldn't be Islamic terrorism.
  8. 11 Feb '17 17:27
    Leftist here are a dime a dozen Islamic terrorist apologists.

    Is he an Islamic immigrant? Did he terrorize people in the US?
  9. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Feb '17 17:31
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Leftist here are a dime a dozen Islamic terrorist apologists.

    Is he an Islamic immigrant? Did he terrorize people in the US?
    The Oxford dictionary has a typical definition of "terrorism" i.e. the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

    That is lacking here even if Ibrahim is a Muslim (which I have been unable to verify) or an immigrant (ditto).
  10. Standard member vivify
    rain
    11 Feb '17 17:35
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its all in the name. If his name was James Henry, then it wouldn't be Islamic terrorism.
    Great point.
  11. 11 Feb '17 17:36
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Leftist here are a dime a dozen Islamic terrorist apologists.

    Is he an Islamic immigrant? Did he terrorize people in the US?
    People lacking even basic intelligence here are a dime a dozen.

    A muslim who commits a crime is not automatically an 'Islamic terrorist'. There is a difference between a violent criminal act and a 'terrorist attack'. If you cannot tell the difference then why are you even concerned about islamic terrorists? You should be up in arms about all your domestic terrorism (given the US crime statistics).
  12. 11 Feb '17 18:05
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Oxford dictionary has a typical definition of "terrorism" i.e. the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of [b]political aims.

    That is lacking here even if Ibrahim is a Muslim (which I have been unable to verify) or an immigrant (ditto).[/b]
    How do you know he didn't have a religious reason?

    All we know is if we did not allow islamic immigrants Americans would not have been terrorized.
  13. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    11 Feb '17 18:08
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its all in the name. If his name was James Henry, then it wouldn't be Islamic terrorism.
    Or, alternatively, Cat Stevens.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Feb '17 18:19 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    How do you know he didn't have a religious reason?

    All we know is if we did not allow islamic immigrants Americans would not have been terrorized.
    There is zero evidence of any "religious reason". He had several other robbery charges and the prosecutors here said that he shot the two men (who were acquaintances) after an argument and then stole money, jewelry and a car; they did not charge him with any "hate crime" nor did they present any such motive at trial.

    I rarely assume things there is no evidence for.

    If no immigrants had ever been allowed, we'd have less crime surely as we would have a lot less people.
  15. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    11 Feb '17 18:26
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Freaky: but the who and how of the crime appears to align with typical radicalized modus operandi.

    How so? He's a career criminal previously convicted of a strong arm robbery and here he shots two guys in one of their cars, buries them and steals their car, money and jewelry.

    What about this crime, as vile as it was, has anything to do with "terrorism" or Islam?
    Sorry: I thought you had read the links you provided.
    My bad.

    The guilty man is an immigrant Muslim, whereas his victims his victims were two Egyptian Coptic Christians, so there is the who.
    The how is the removal of their heads, which, although not completely unique to Muslim extremists, they've certainly made it their calling card, haven't they?

    There is literally no indication whatsoever that he was making a political statement in any of his crimes.
    However, it's not too difficult a line to draw between the normative contempt evidenced by extreme Muslim views of any one not in their little group and his behavior toward those around him.