Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 12:221 edit
    Ever hear of Oscar Lopez Rivera?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/us/obama-commutes-sentence-of-faln-member-oscar-lopez-rivera.html

If you read the link, he was a terrorist in the US who helped conduct over 100 bombings in the US in a campaign to overthrow the US government. Many people were killed.

He was arrested in the 1980's, and the Left wing cook was almost released by President Clinton because his politics aligned with the DNC, however, he refused to renounce violence and the murderous activity he submersed himself in, so Bill refused to commute his sentence. However, Obama needed no such remorse and let him go free. And now we must listen to Obama about the evils of Trump and the bomber? Really?

Now how many know that the Florida "bomber", who has killed no one, will never see the light of day? He will be in prison for life because he went after important people, and not insignificant US citizens in New York that Oscar targeted, many of which were probably capitalists, and as such deserved to die according to many on the Left.

So Trump started these bombings? Seems to me that the Unabomber has something to say about that. He was another Left wing cook that sent mail bombs to CEO's that actually exploded and killed people. His goal was to save the environment by killing off CEO's he thought were harming the environment. When they finally caught up with him some 30 years later, they found a stack of Al Gore articles under his bed.
    Funny, this was well before the Trump era, yet people were sending bombs because of political radicalism?

I thought Trump started it..
  2. Germany
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 12:38
    Whataboutism (also known as whataboutery) is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument,[1][2][3] which in the United States is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda.[4][5][6] When criticisms were leveled at the Soviet Union during the Cold War, the Soviet response would often be "What about..." followed by an event in the Western world.[7][8][9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 12:41
    @KazetNagorra

I'm not defending Trump or the GOP. After all, politics by its very nature is divisive. They want to divide and conquer because that is what politics is about.

But to sit here and let those on the Left indicate that the problem is one sided is laughable. In fact, evidence suggests that they are far worse. Just look at the number of bombing from the far left in this country, a few of which I have mentioned.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 12:48
    @whodey said
    @KazetNagorra

I'm not defending Trump or the GOP. After all, politics by its very nature is divisive. They want to divide and conquer because that is what politics is about.

But to sit here and let those on the Left indicate that the problem is one sided is laughable. In fact, evidence suggests that they are far worse. Just look at the number of bombing from the far left in this country, a few of which I have mentioned.
    What evidence suggests that "they" are "far worse"?
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 12:531 edit
    @whodey said
    Ever hear of Oscar Lopez Rivera?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/us/obama-commutes-sentence-of-faln-member-oscar-lopez-rivera.html

If you read the link, he was a terrorist in the US who helped conduct over 100 bombings in the US in a campaign to overthrow the US government. Many people were killed.

He was arrested in the 1980's, and the Left wing cook was almost r ...[text shortened]... era, yet people were sending bombs because of political radicalism?

I thought Trump started it..
    Could you please explain how the politics of the FALN, a group that used terrorism in an attempt to obtain Puerto Rican independence, ever "aligned with the DNC"? Does the DNC now or has it ever supported PR independence?

In fact, two Puerto Rican nationalists attempted to assassinate Democratic President Harry Truman back in 1950. https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/an-assassination-attempt-threatens-president-harry-s-truman

Lopez Rivera was never convicted of any bombings BTW.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 13:08
    @kazetnagorra said
    Timothy McVeigh in Oklahoma City in 1995, a right wing anti-government terrorist, appears to have killed more Americans in one day than left wing terrorists have killed in the last 100 years and possibly in our nation's history.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 13:25
    @no1marauder said
    Timothy McVeigh in Oklahoma City in 1995, a right wing anti-government terrorist, appears to have killed more Americans in one day than left wing terrorists have killed in the last 100 years and possibly in our nation's history.
    What makes Timothy right wing?
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 13:28
    @no1marauder said
    Could you please explain how the politics of the FALN, a group that used terrorism in an attempt to obtain Puerto Rican independence, ever "aligned with the DNC"? Does the DNC now or has it ever supported PR independence?

In fact, two Puerto Rican nationalists attempted to assassinate Democratic President Harry Truman back in 1950. https://www.history.com/this-day-in-h ...[text shortened]... -attempt-threatens-president-harry-s-truman

Lopez Rivera was never convicted of any bombings BTW.
    From Wiki:

López Rivera joined the Fuerzas Armadas de Liberación Nacional Puertorriqueña (FALN), a Marxist-Leninist organization which in the 1970s fought to make Puerto Rico an independent communist nation
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 13:291 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    Bombers such as the Unabomber and Bill Ayers and this other dim wit I mentioned all tried to use violence to overthrow the US government.

However, today they use different tactics. They use politics to try and overwhelm the system with debt and illegal immigrants while promoting moral decay.
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 13:38
    @whodey said
    From Wiki:

López Rivera joined the Fuerzas Armadas de Liberación Nacional Puertorriqueña (FALN), a Marxist-Leninist organization which in the 1970s fought to make Puerto Rico an independent communist nation
    OK.

How does that "align with the DNC"?
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 13:53
    @whodey said
    What makes Timothy right wing?
    In his own words:

"What the U.S. government did at Waco and Ruby Ridge was dirty," he says. "And I gave dirty back to them at Oklahoma City."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

April 19, 1995, was the two-year anniversary of the government's siege of the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, Texas. McVeigh was brought to tears while watching the death of about 80 members of the religious sect. Then, when Congress banned certain assault weapons, McVeigh says, "I snapped."

https://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=132158&page=1

His favorite book was the Turner Diaries:

Serialized in a National Alliance newsletter, and later published in collected form, The Turner Diaries is a dystopian novel about a United States where non-white minorities have disarmed and oppressed white Americans, leading to an armed white nationalist revolution. In sparse, simplistic prose, the apocalyptic plot follows a white supremacist guerrilla resistance movement known as The Order as it launches a series of terrorist attacks, eventually blossoming into a full-blown insurgency. The Order wins in the end, and embarks on a campaign of global genocides against non-whites.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/how-the-turner-diaries-changed-white-nationalism/500039/
  12. Germany
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 14:17
    @whodey said
    Bombers such as the Unabomber and Bill Ayers and this other dim wit I mentioned all tried to use violence to overthrow the US government.

However, today they use different tactics. They use politics to try and overwhelm the system with debt and illegal immigrants while promoting moral decay.
    By what measure are "they" "far worse"?
  13. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 14:17
    I'm now convinced that whodey is involved in an incestuous relationship with the sound of his own voice.

His utterly incessant non-sense, is inexplicable otherwise.