Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    05 Dec '10 16:50 / 1 edit
    Well, okay, Helen Thomas is still breathing (at last count), but whatever was left of her legacy and reputation is now completely in the toilet, where it belongs.
  2. 05 Dec '10 17:05
    Originally posted by sh76
    Well, okay, Helen Thomas is still breathing (at last count), but whatever was left of her legacy and reputation is now completely in the toilet, where it belongs.
    Why do you say that, are you a Zionist?

So she is against Zionism, big deal. So am I.
    Is that your only beef with her or did I miss something?
  3. Standard member spruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    05 Dec '10 19:32
    Did she say something else recently?
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    05 Dec '10 19:33 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Why do you say that, are you a Zionist?

So she is against Zionism, big deal. So am I.
    Is that your only beef with her or did I miss something?
    “We are owned by the propagandists against the Arabs. There’s no question about that," Thomas said Dec. 2 during a speech to an Arab-American group in Dearborn, Mich. "Congress, the White House and Hollywood, Wall Street, are owned by the Zionists. No question in my opinion. They put their money where their mouth is."

http://www.jta.org/news/article/2010/12/05/2742016/helen-thomas-makes-more-public-anti-semitic-remarks

Being merely anti-Zionist is a far cry from repeating the age old anti-Semitic canard that Zionists/Jews control the government and media, etc.
  5. 06 Dec '10 04:41
    “We are owned by the propagandists against the Arabs. There’s no question about that," Thomas said Dec. 2 during a speech to an Arab-American group in Dearborn, Mich. "Congress, the White House and Hollywood, Wall Street, are owned by the Zionists. No question in my opinion. They put their money where their mouth is."

http://www.jta.org/news/a ...[text shortened]... ing the age old anti-Semitic canard that Zionists/Jews control the government and media, etc.
    But sh76, she did the politically correct thing and said ZIONIST instead of JEWISH.

Clearly she should get a free pass, no?
  6. 06 Dec '10 04:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    But sh76, she did the politically correct thing and said ZIONIST instead of JEWISH.

Clearly she should get a free pass, no?
    The Jews have been poaching from where the grass is greener. They need a newer name then Jewish.
  7. 06 Dec '10 04:58

http://www.jta.org/news/a ...[text shortened]... ing the age old anti-Semitic canard that Zionists/Jews control the government and media, etc.
    Well they don't spend their pennies on KFC.
  8. 06 Dec '10 05:12
    Zionism is about punishing the innocent and putting entire neighbouring countries in prison and strangling to death for crimes less then their own. Zionism is about deleting problems over dealing with them for a lack of brains.
  9. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    06 Dec '10 06:45
    I really thought Thatcher had died.... what a disappointment.
  10. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    06 Dec '10 06:50
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I really thought Thatcher had died.... what a disappointment.
    she's not dead ??
  11. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    06 Dec '10 06:56
    Being merely anti-Zionist is a far cry from repeating the age old anti-Semitic canard that Zionists/Jews control the government and media, etc.
    ...out of interest, if a bunch of Jews in Israel(or anywhere else really) are sitting around shooting the breeze, who do they say controls the world/government/media?
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    06 Dec '10 07:54

Zionists does not equal Jews so your description of her remarks is inaccurate.

What percentage of Congress, the White House, Hollywood and Wall Street would you say is "owned" by people with anti-Zionist views?

I'd say her remarks while not particularly well phrased are essentially accurate and hardly anti-Semitic (a card Zionists incessantly play).
  13. 06 Dec '10 11:04
    Helen Thomas was only respected by elitists in D.C. and in national media.

Real Americans never thought much of her.
  14. 06 Dec '10 12:37
    Originally posted by Ratburgers
    Zionism is about punishing the innocent and putting entire neighbouring countries in prison and strangling to death for crimes less then their own. Zionism is about deleting problems over dealing with them for a lack of brains.
    Well said!! Yet another politically correct post. Helen would be proud.

I guess sh76 can't tell the difference between those who hate all Zionists and those who hate all Jews. Clearly hating all Zionists is OK as where hating all Jews, although somewhat OK because many of them are Zionists, is simply bigoted and inane.
  15. 06 Dec '10 12:42 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Zionists does not equal Jews so your description of her remarks is inaccurate.

What percentage of Congress, the White House, Hollywood and Wall Street would you say is "owned" by people with anti-Zionist views?

I'd say her remarks while not particularly well phrased are essentially accurate and hardly anti-Semitic (a card Zionists incessantly play).
    Not well phrased? What is not well phrased about it? I mean, either what she is saying is true or what she is saying is paranoid half lunatic drival. You seem to feel as though her words are somehow distasteful yet you defend them as being true. Clearly either pro-zionists have taken over the US or they have not. Which is it?

Edit: Please attach tin foil hate er....um.....hat before responding.