Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 16:572 edits
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/nikolas-cruz-apos-carer-wants-110810348.html

After reading this article I want to hurl.

The shooter in Florida, apparently, was orphaned as his "caretakers", if you can call them that, knew that the shooter was due to inherit around a million dollars from his deceased parents next year and they now are looking to get their grubby hands on it.

I say if they do, the parents of the dead children should sue their arses off! 😠

Naturally, outlawing guns will also solve all our problems as well, blah, blah, blah.

Carry on.
  2. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 18:062 edits
    Originally posted by @whodey
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/nikolas-cruz-apos-carer-wants-110810348.html

After reading this article I want to hurl.

The shooter in Florida, apparently, was orphaned as his "caretakers", if you can call them that, knew that the shooter was due to inherit around a million dollars from his deceased parents next year and they now are looking to get their gr ...[text shortened]... turally, outlawing guns will also solve all our problems as well, blah, blah, blah.

Carry on.
    Naturally, outlawing guns will also solve all our problems as well, blah, blah, blah.

For the 10,000th time NO ONE WANTS TO OUTLAW GUNS WHODEY!!! But every time someone like those filthy Liberals wants to pass a law banning assault rifles, and making it more difficult for children, felons and mentally retarded people to get guns, you and the NRA loons twist this around to mean: Them damned LIBERALS are fixin to take our shooten irons away!! Are you people really THAT STUPID??

You don't need an Uzi or an AK-47 to hunt deer, and children, felons and retarded people shouldn't have guns. How many more time does it take, before it sinks in Whodey?????
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 18:272 edits
    Originally posted by @mchill

For the 10,000th time NO ONE WANTS TO OUTLAW GUNS WHODEY!!! But every time someone like those filthy Liberals wants to pass a law banning assault rifles, and making it more difficult for children, felons and mentally retarded people to get guns, you and the NRA loons ...[text shortened]... rded people shouldn't have guns. How many more time does it take, before it sinks in Whodey?????
    YouTube

Need I remind you that the shooter in Texas had an AR 15 illegally and was stopped and dropped by someone who had an AR 15 legally?

So let's assume that they ban the guns you want banned. They will still be out there. In fact, government buildings all over the US will still keep their metal detectors and guards.

So why not for the children?
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 18:46
    It's an unsolvable problem, isn't it, Whodey?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 18:591 edit
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    It's an unsolvable problem, isn't it, Whodey?
    With Obama giving guns to criminals to run across the border it sure is hard.

Maybe secure the border?

Na, that won't help.

Maybe put guards at school to protect kids rather than wait an hour for help?

Na, that won't help.

Maybe reduce the violence in Hollywood movies that glorify killing with guns?

Na, that won't help.

Maybe stop the media from posting the picture and name of the adolescent that wishes to break the last shooter record on social media?

Na, that won't help.

Maybe have the FBI actually investigate people threatening to shoot up schools on social media?

Na, that won't help.

Just ban guns.

Carry on.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 19:511 edit

Maybe secure the border?

Na, that won't help.

Na, that won't help.

Na, that won't help.

Maybe stop the me ...[text shortened]... ning to shoot up schools on social media?

Na, that won't help.

Just ban guns.

Carry on.
    - Hey, look, you mentioned Obama! 'Twas that time of day again?

- Secure the border against citizens of the USA? Sounds like a plan.

- That's right, the solution is guards at school. Because that's what a healthy society does! (What happened to taking children out of school and homeschooling them?)

- Reduce violence in movies? For sure, if one has nothing better to offer there's always the ol' chestnut of blaming movies and games. Luckily, in the rest of the world, we only watch endless reruns of It's A Wonderful Life.

- Stop the media? Sure. Two problems: freedom of information/freedom of speech and people like you - exactly people like YOU - would immediately begin to shout about how the truth is being censored. Just imagine the shooter had been a Muslim and "they" had decided to not spread that information so as to not make him a martyr of sorts. YOU would've been furious about that.

- Agreed.

- No, what you need is for everyone to own a gun. Because that is how civilised societies work!

1/7 Whodey. Not bad.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 20:43
    Originally posted by @mchill

For the 10,000th time NO ONE WANTS TO OUTLAW GUNS WHODEY!!! But every time someone like those filthy Liberals wants to pass a law banning assault rifles, and making it more difficult for children, felons and mentally retarded people to get guns, you and the NRA loons ...[text shortened]... rded people shouldn't have guns. How many more time does it take, before it sinks in Whodey?????
    Assault weapons are already banned.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Feb '18 23:36
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Apparently not.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 00:23

Maybe secure the border?

Na, that won't help.

Na, that won't help.

Na, that won't help.

Maybe stop the me ...[text shortened]... ning to shoot up schools on social media?

Na, that won't help.

Just ban guns.

Carry on.
    Banning the guns? Would that help, Whodey?
    For some inexplicable reason, you left it off your rhetorical list....
    an oversight, no doubt. Couldn't possibly be a shortage of critical thinking skills...
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 00:441 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Apparently not.
    apparently you don't have a clue what an assault weapon is.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 04:31
    apparently you don't have a clue what an assault weapon is.
    Instead of continuing to be such an irritating a$$hole, why not just share your personal definition of an "assault weapon"?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 05:17
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Instead of continuing to be such an irritating a$$hole, why not just share your personal definition of an "assault weapon"?
    Yes, Mr. Hoople, tell us a story...
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 05:27
    I'd say anything that can propel a piece of lead through my body an assault weapon.
  14. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 06:35
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I'd say anything that can propel a piece of lead through my body an assault weapon.
    So all guns are assault weapons.

You do not seem to be interested in having a refined lexicon, my good Wolfgang.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    22 Feb '18 09:13
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    So all guns are assault weapons.

You do not seem to be interested in having a refined lexicon, my good Wolfgang.
    "Assault weapon" is a tautology, although I understand it has a specific technical definition.

I had hoped even someone of limited intelligence would have made that connection.