Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 09 Sep '13 09:43
    Does Israel exist?
  2. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    09 Sep '13 09:49
    Originally posted by Tygert
    Does Israel exist?
    That's pretty metaphysical.
  3. 09 Sep '13 11:17
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    That's pretty metaphysical.
    Meatphysical but relevant nevertheless.
  4. 09 Sep '13 11:26
    Meatphysical but relevant nevertheless.
    As far as I am concerned, everyone and everything that is here,
    has a right to exist.
  5. 09 Sep '13 11:49
    Does Israel exist?
    Yes, but you don't.
  6. 09 Sep '13 12:31
    So, if you feel Israel does not have a right to exist as a soverign state, are you proposing the destruction of this internationally recognized nation??? Aside from that, Israel is the only nation in the Middle East that is politcally stable with a democratic government. There is plenty to argue in terms of issues over the Palestinians but Israel does not gas its citizens nor does it terrorize other nations with murder and mayhem over religious beliefs.
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    09 Sep '13 12:45
    One of the great thing about Israel is that Israelis no longer care whether anyone else thinks they have the right to exist.
  8. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    09 Sep '13 12:58
    Originally posted by sh76
    One of the great thing about Israel is that Israelis no longer care whether anyone else thinks they have the right to exist.
    High five.
  9. Subscriber Rajk999
    Enjoying
    09 Sep '13 13:11
    Originally posted by sh76
    No Longer? Did they ever?
  10. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    09 Sep '13 13:18
    An unexpected result of my sustained interest in the Arab Spring and its nightmarish aftermaths is an acute appreciation of the Israeli worldview. I don't endorse it, but I understand it very well ...
  11. Subscriber Rajk999
    Enjoying
    09 Sep '13 13:22
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    An unexpected result of my sustained interest in the Arab Spring and its nightmarish aftermaths is an acute appreciation of the Israeli worldview. I don't endorse it, but I understand it very well ...
    You dont endorse the Arab Spring or the Israeli worldview?

Nightmarish in this case is good .. like medicine can cause problems but it leads to recovery and elimination of the disease.
  12. Subscriber Rajk999
    Enjoying
    09 Sep '13 13:24
    Does Israel exist?
    Board an El Al flight and stand in the isle with a pen and shout "I have a gun".

Oh .. get your affairs in order first.
  13. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    09 Sep '13 13:28
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You dont endorse the Arab Spring or the Israeli worldview?

Nightmarish in this case is good .. like medicine can cause problems but it leads to recovery and elimination of the disease.
    I don't endorse the Israeli worldview (esp. the "let them bleed each other to death" attitude towards Syria). But the available alternatives are worse, so ... Israel wins.

Eliminating disease? It's one hell of a purge.
  14. Subscriber Rajk999
    Enjoying
    09 Sep '13 13:36
    Originally posted by Phranny
    So, if you feel Israel does not have a right to exist as a soverign state, are you proposing the destruction of this internationally recognized nation??? Aside from that, Israel is the only nation in the Middle East that is politcally stable with a democratic government. There is plenty to argue in terms of issues over the Palestinians but Israel does not ...[text shortened]... its citizens nor does it terrorize other nations with murder and mayhem over religious beliefs.
    I would add to that that history shows that many people and nations and empires persecuted the Jews from Rome 2000 yrs ago right down to the Arab nations around her now and the Jews are still here and strong as ever while these persecuting nations have disappeared.
  15. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    09 Sep '13 13:39
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I would add to that that history shows that many people and nations and empires persecuted the Jews from Rome 2000 yrs ago right down to the Arab nations around her now and the Jews are still here and strong as ever while these persecuting nations have disappeared.
    Nonsense. The Romans are here still, and Karl Lagerfeld is their Caesar.