Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 16:24
    Does the GOP really want to stay in control of the House?

After all, they whiffed on Obamacare and building the wall. These are things they obviously want no part of.

Then you will have Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters running the circus again, which will usher in another Trump win in 2020.
  2. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 16:30
    @whodey said

After all, they whiffed on Obamacare and building the wall. These are things they obviously want no part of.

Then you will have Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters running the circus again, which will usher in another Trump win in 2020.
    "When you wish upon a star..."
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 17:07
    @whodey said

Trump's chances of being re-elected probably go up if the Dems take the House.
  4. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 17:11
    @sh76 said
    And McConnell believes entitlement reform is only possible with divided government, for whatever that's worth.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 17:13
    @Sleepyguy

I wonder if they will force the impeachment issue even though they won't have the Senate to complete the job.
  6. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 17:15
    @sh76 said
    Trumps chances of being re-elected have to be really really small, right?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 17:165 edits
    @quackquack said
    I think 2 full years of Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters would elevate any chances Trump has.

Then there is talk of Hillary running again? LOL.

It is more likely than you think.

I'm not sure many understand just how toxic figures like Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters are. Both are elderly women that poll horribly outside their radical Left wing voting district. They often say stupid things, with Maxine Waters going above and beyond the call of stupidity by petitioning for violence in the streets while snuggling up to known racists and Anti-Semites like Farrakhan and the man who just shot up a Jewish Synagogue.

Problem is, both are powerful and entitled, much like Hillary when appointed to the DNC nomination for President, and the DNC has become so radicalized that they are unable to stop a black woman like Maxine Waters.

Maxine even admitted to as much that she is bullet proof saying it was because she was a black woman. NO outrageous behavior will bring her condemnation from the radical Left that now runs her party

They are stuck with her till she dies in office.

This is what they are up against

YouTube
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 18:15
    @whodey said
    I think 2 full years of Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters would elevate any chances Trump has.

Then there is talk of Hillary running again? LOL.

It is more likely than you think.

I'm not sure many understand just how toxic figures like Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters are. Both are elderly women that poll horribly outside their radical Left wing voting district. They of ...[text shortened]... h her till she dies in office.

This is what they are up against

[youtube]_93SldBytjE[/youtube]
    Maxine Waters never "petitioned for violence in the streets" as you well know.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 18:241 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Maxine Waters never "petitioned for violence in the streets" as you well know.
    This is what I'm talking about.

YouTube

This is Maxine telling her followers to chase Trump supporters out of restaurants.

Naturally, a partisan hack like yourself refuses to acknowledge that this is a call to violence.

But then you have become accustomed to defending hateful, corrupt, elderly female politicians that no one likes, so have at it.

It's almost enough to convince me to vote Dim this go round in the House.
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 19:03
    @whodey said

[youtube]tJCDe7vdFfw[/youtube]

This is Maxine telling her followers to chase Trump supporters out of restaurants.

Naturally, a partisan hack like yourself refuses to acknowledge that this is a call to violence.

But then you have become accustomed to defending hateful, corrupt, elderly female politicians that no one likes, so have at it.

It isn't a "call to violence" as you well know.

I won't respond to the next post using derogatory language directed at me or any other poster..
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 20:001 edit
    @whodey said

[youtube]tJCDe7vdFfw[/youtube]

Some people obviously vote while stupid.

You already vote "dim".

"Democrat" is another story entirely.
  12. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    30 Oct '18 20:391 edit
    @sleepyguy said
    And McConnell believes entitlement reform is only possible with divided government, for whatever that's worth.
    McConnell can stick his "entitlement" label where the sun don't shine. I am still waiting for an explanation of how Medicare and Social Security became "entitlements" People make this sound like I'm waiting for a welfare handout. I've paid into both of these for 40+ years. When I retire, all I want is the $$ I paid into these, nothing more. "Entitlement" my ass! 😠
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    31 Oct '18 19:331 edit
    @quackquack said
    Small, yes. really really small? No

If I had to handicap it now, I'd call Trump's chances of being re-elected something like 35-40%. If the GOP holds the House and Trump has nobody to blame for gridlock and people naturally get sick of the incumbent party, his chances may be 30-35%. If the Dems take the House, he can blame them for gridlock, anti-Congress sentiment (which there always is) will help him and, who knows, maybe he even gets a bipartisan infrastructure project through a Dem House that's popular with the people. Then, I'd peg his chances at closer to 40%.

Of course, this is on the margins. What his re-election really depends on is the economy staying strong for the next 2 years. If the economy sours, he's toast. If the economy stays strong, he has a fighting chance.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    31 Oct '18 19:35
    @mchill said
    McConnell can stick his "entitlement" label where the sun don't shine. I am still waiting for an explanation of how Medicare and Social Security became "entitlements" People make this sound like I'm waiting for a welfare handout. I've paid into both of these for 40+ years. When I retire, all I want is the $$ I paid into these, nothing more. "Entitlement" my ass! 😠
    === When I retire, all I want is the $$ I paid into these, nothing more. ===

No you don't. You want more than you put in.

Or at least, under the current system, you'll almost certainly get more than you put in (assuming you live long enough).

You would really settle for an interest-free refund of all you've paid in? If so, I'm sure the government would be happy to do it and pocket the rest.
  15. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    31 Oct '18 19:39
    @sh76 said
    No you don't. You want more than you put in.
    This. Why don't people understand this?