Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 14 Apr '11 06:03 / 2 edits
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/chatter/2011/08/trump-will-probably-run-as-independent-if-he-doesnt-win-gop.html

Donald Trump has said that if he does not win the GOP nod to run as President, he may decide to run as an independent. If so, is this the same formula that saw President Clinton split the conservative vote and win the Presidency because Ross Perot ran as an independent?

As for myself, there a great many things that trouble me about Donald Trump, other than his toupee. First of all, he is a "birther". Why on earth would a credible politician take such a stance unless he has earth shattering evidence to prove himself right? Donald is no dumby, so why would he do such a thing unless he was not serious about winning? Secondly, if Donald is the conservative he claims to be, why did he contrinbute to the political campaings of such left winged liberals as Chuch U Schumer and Anthony Weiner in 2008?

I just wonder if Donald will drop out of the race like Perot did if he sees himself ahead in the polls so that he can be the sacrificial lamb that I think he is suppose to be.

Who knows, maybe Mr. Bankrupcy can lead us to the fiscal promise land!!
  2. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    14 Apr '11 06:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why on earth would a credible politician take such a stance unless he has earth shattering evidence to prove himself right?
    Why on earth would anybody -- let alone a credible politician, which Trump is hardly -- use that as a central talking point, in the midst of so many other potential criticisms of the president/Democrats?

Seems to me he's like most of the other candidates, in that he's in it for public spotlight.
  3. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    14 Apr '11 08:16
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/chatter/2011/08/trump-will-probably-run-as-independent-if-he-doesnt-win-gop.html

Donald Trump has said that if he does not win the GOP nod to run as President, he may decide to run as an independent. If so, is this the same formula that saw President Clinton split the conservative vote and win the Presidency because Ross Pe ...[text shortened]... s suppose to be.

What the hell is a "Birther"?
  4. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    14 Apr '11 08:19
    From a quick google:

A conspiracy theorist who believes that Barack Obama is ineligible for the Presidency of the United States, based on any number of claims related to his place of birth, birth certificate, favorite birthday, or whether or not he has heard the song Africa by Toto.

A person who derives sexual pleasure from covering him- or herself in fresh placenta while having intercourse with a woman immediately after she has given birth.

A racist sore loser who can't deal with having a black president so they make up absurd conspiracy theories about Barack Obama's birth certificate.

A knuckle dragging gutter culture warrior related to tea bagging citizens who don't want to pay taxes because they don't support our troops.

A redneck born on American soil in a barn delivered by a drunken veterinarian who also performs abortions. Parents are both American citizens who are usually first cousins if not brother and sister.

So, I presume by "birther" you mean Republican, then?
  5. 14 Apr '11 09:13
    If Trump runs as an independent then it will be very easy for Obama to win re-election (which is likely in any case). Then again, he's not very popular, is he? Also, why do you think he is "no dumby"? He comes across as pretty dim to me, especially if he really is a birther.
  6. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    14 Apr '11 09:14 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Somebody that believes Sarah Palin is the grandmother not the mother of her 'son' Trig Paxson Van Palin.

I'm not sure why she felt the need to lie:
    http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1428020.php/Sarah_Palin_mother_of_four_grandmother_of_one_New_allegations
  7. 14 Apr '11 09:41
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V1nmn2zRMc
  8. 14 Apr '11 16:21

Donald Trump has said that if he does not win the GOP nod to run as President, he may decide to run as an independent. If so, is this the same formula that saw President Clinton split the conservative vote and win the Presidency because Ross Pe ...[text shortened]... s suppose to be.

I'm pretty sure the Donald will run, because he is so full of himself and I'm sure the people in his circle are constantly telling him how great he is.

In reality, he is as dissociated with the public as the usual generic candidate.

Like stated before, if he runs as an independent, he will split the ticket.

If he runs as Republican, many of his skewed views will come out in the debates, ultimately turning him off to the general public. Such as his hypocritical stance on imports from china. It is a fact that he imports millions of dollars of supplies from China for his business but has publicly criticized the U.S. dependence on China products --> hypocritical = he does not lead by example.
    Not to mention his obsession with Pres. Obama's birth records, a non issue for 95% of the country and a complete distraction and waste of time. I would have to wonder if he would be so distracted as president, that would really worry me A LOT!
  9. 14 Apr '11 23:05
    Originally posted by mlprior
    I'm pretty sure the Donald will run, because he is so full of himself and I'm sure the people in his circle are constantly telling him how great he is.

In reality, he is as dissociated with the public as the usual generic candidate.

Like stated before, if he runs as an independent, he will split the ticket.

If he runs as Republican, many of his ...[text shortened]... d have to wonder if he would be so distracted as president, that would really worry me A LOT!
    ...Pres. Obama's birth records, a non issue for 95% of the country...-mlprior

I am sure you have a link to support that 95% figure you threw out there. But then again I bet you dont.
  10. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    15 Apr '11 01:27
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I am sure you have a link to support that 95% figure you threw out there. But then again I bet you dont.
    Are we just to guess what figure you think it is? The whole "birther" syndrome is tailor made for personalities/intellects like yours, so presumably you have some figures/links that indicate the extent of the "birther" phenomenon?
  11. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    15 Apr '11 05:54

GOD DAMN... SCREW A 5 YEAR OLD WITH A KEBAB STICK.

Now, someone explain to me what a birther is (I ain't gonna check out god damn links). WHAT IS A BIRTHER???

And at the same time, someone explain to me what the hell Obama's birth record has got to do with ANYTHING UPON THIS SQAURE ROCK some people are obviously inhabiting!

Thank you.
    GET TO IT.

Thank you.
  12. 15 Apr '11 08:10
    GOD DAMN... SCREW A 5 YEAR OLD WITH A KEBAB STICK.

Now, someone explain to me what a birther is (I ain't gonna check out god damn links). WHAT IS A BIRTHER???

And at the same time, someone explain to me what the hell Obama's birth record has got to do with ANYTHING UPON THIS SQAURE ROCK some people are obviously inhabiting!

Thank you.
    GET TO IT.

Thank you.
    A birther is someone who believes Obama was not born in the US, but for example in Kenya or Indonesia and therefore may not be president.
  13. 15 Apr '11 08:54
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    A birther is someone who believes Obama was not born in the US, but for example in Kenya or Indonesia and therefore may not be president.
    What all the bluddy stupid Americans forget is that at present Obama, it doesn't matter where he was born, is President of the United States.

The fact that many think he shouldnt be, doesn't matter.

For those that missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hde4s-xBhqE

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/obama_inauguration/7840646.stm
  14. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    15 Apr '11 09:20
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    ....... Van Palin.
    ......its good to know they are still going. They never really recovered after David Lee Roth left them.
  15. 15 Apr '11 11:31

If someone gets up before the nation and rails against the President that he should not really be President because of "X" but has no evidence, what is that going to look like?