Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 18:291 edit
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/26/trump-young-black-leadership-summit-white-house-east-room

"'Why is that racist?' Trump greets young black leaders with freewheeling rant
    The president’s speech to African American millennial supporters
    was rambling and toe-curling. But he and his audience loved it."

"Subsequent to his bizarre Oval Office encounter with [Kanye] West
    earlier this month, Trump claimed, his approval rating among
    African Americans soared by an unheard of 26 points.
    The audience cheered and clapped. No one asked for a fact check."

"The president mocked critics who suggest “America first” (a phrase
    close to the heart of white nationalists) could be racist and rallied
    the audience: “Racist? Racist? Why is that racist?” "

"The audience erupted in cheers and chants of “USA! USA!”
    Trump, smiling and pumping his fist like a strongman, said: “That is really beautiful.”"

"Trump, whose own political career took flight on the baseless charge
    that Barack Obama was not born in America, pushed another button:
    “Every citizen benefits when we have a strong, beautiful border.”
    Another cheer, then cries of “Build that wall! Build that wall!”
    Trump referred to the caravan of people moving through Mexico.
    Now the audience booed."

"His administration could hardly be described as diverse. He made
    much of the presence of the brain surgeon Ben Carson, who is African American,
    and talked about his rather unrigorous job interview for housing secretary.
    “I said: ‘Do you know much about housing?’ He said: ‘Not that much.’
    I said, ‘Yeah, but you’re as smart a guy as there is, you’ll figure it out."

That seems to be Donald Trump's version of affirmative action.

"“I don’t believe he’s a white supremacist, but let me say something
    very controversial: if he’s a white supremacist, he’s doing a very good
    job for black people as far as unemployment being down, as far as
    being open-minded enough to open up the White House to black people.”
    --Jimmy James (an African American supporter of Donald Trump)

Has he forgotten that Barack Obama did not to be invited into the White House?
    A few African Americans seem to admire Donald Trump more than they did Barack Obama.

Let the record show that there are African Americans who are ignorant
    and gullible enough (at best) to swallow Donald Trump's whopping lies
    and even to embrace his bigotry against some non-black minorities.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 18:47
    @duchess64 said
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/26/trump-young-black-leadership-summit-white-house-east-room

"Subsequent to his bizarre Oval Office encounter wi ...[text shortened]... low Donald Trump's whopping lies
    they be token negroids...that's all.
  3. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 20:39
    @duchess64 said

"Subsequent to his bizarre Oval Office encounter wi ...[text shortened]... low Donald Trump's whopping lies
    Let the record show that there are African Americans who are ignorant and gullible enough (at best) to swallow Donald Trump's whopping lies and even to embrace his bigotry against some non-black minorities.

This is true enough. Just like there are others in this forum -Yes, like you Duchess - that display the same bigotry toward white males that "The Donald" display to non whites.

Come to think of it, Donald and Duchess look like they belong together. Sound like a plan?! 😀
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    27 Oct '18 23:49
    @mchill said
    Let the record show that there are African Americans who are ignorant and gullible enough (at best) to swallow Donald Trump's whopping lies and even to embrace his bigotry against some non-black minorities.

This is true enough. Just like there are others in this forum -Yes, like you Duchess - that display the same bigotry toward white males that "The Donald" display to ...[text shortened]... .

Come to think of it, Donald and Duchess look like they belong together. Sound like a plan?! 😀
    The tireless lying racist troll Mchill sometimes praised Donald Trump during the 2016
    campaign and wrote in early 2017 that Americans should give him 'a year' (presumably
    without challenge or criticism) to implement his plans for the USA.
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 03:29
    @duchess64 said
    The tireless lying racist troll Mchill sometimes praised Donald Trump during the 2016
    campaign and wrote in early 2017 that Americans should give him 'a year' (presumably
    without challenge or criticism) to implement his plans for the USA.
    Aw, come on... you can't forgive Mchill for that one brief moment of weakness?
    If you recall he was back to criticising Trump shortly after saying that.
  6. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 06:12
    @duchess64 said
    Let the record show that there are African Americans who are ignorant
    and gullible enough (at best) to swallow Donald Trump's whopping lies
    It is an issue where these American blacks tend to favor the Trumpian perspective on the political.

They do not actually view his policies or views as bigoted. Indeed, none of his views are explicitly bigoted, and they are only bigoted by virtue of passing through the filter of the Left.

I think that you should respect the agency of blacks -- whether they are left or right -- and a big step in that is not denouncign everyone who is black and a supporter of Pres. Trump as ignorant and gullible. Unless, of course, you want to be a cartoon and say that all of the Trump supporters, of all races, are ignorant and gullible, but at that point we've gone really far.

Do you think that I am ignorant and gullible for being a Trump supporter, Duchess?
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 18:57
    @lemon-lime said
    Aw, come on... you can't forgive Mchill for that one brief moment of weakness?
    If you recall he was back to criticising Trump shortly after saying that.
    FALSE. Mchill did NOT have 'ONE brief moment of weakness'.
    Over the course of the campaign, Mchill praised Donald Trump several times and,
    even after the election, Mchill expressed his initial approval of President Trump.
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 22:17
    @duchess64 said
    even after the election, Mchill expressed his initial approval of President Trump.
    I also said "If you recall he was back to criticising Trump shortly after saying that." (re: waiting a year to see what he would do)

He wasn't expressing approval of Trump. It appeared to be a bid to calm down the masses, and take a more reasonable approach to dealing with the loss. If anything it appeared Mchill was looking ahead, perhaps to where we are now.
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 22:282 edits
    @lemon-lime said
    I also said "If you recall he was back to criticising Trump shortly after saying that." (re: waiting a year to see what he would do)

He wasn't expressing approval of Trump. It appeared to be a bid to calm down the masses, and take a more reasonable approach to dealing with the loss. If anything it appeared Mchill was looking ahead, perhaps to where we are now.
    Why does Lemon Lime persist in making false claims?
    Again, Mchill did NOT ONLY ONE TIME make positive comments about Donald Trump.
    During the campaign, several times Mchill wrote that Donald Trump had at least
    several good ideas, which should be taken more seriously by his critics here.

Although Mchill claims not to have voted for Donald Trump, he certainly did not seem
    too distressed by Donald Trump's victory until he turned against President Trump
    after several months in office.
  10. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 22:481 edit
    @duchess64 said
    Why does Lemon Lime persist in making false claims?
    During the campaign, several times Mchill wrote that Donald Trump had at least
    several good ideas, which should be taken more seriously by his critics here.

Although Mchill claims not to have voted for Donald Trump, he certainly did not se ...[text shortened]... d by Donald Trump's victory until he turned against President Trump
    after several months in office.

I didn't say it was only one time. I was referring (specifically) to the one time he suggested waiting a year before passing judgement.
    You said: (referring to Mchill) "wrote in early 2017 that Americans should give him 'a year' (presumably
    without challenge or criticism) to implement his plans for the USA."
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    28 Oct '18 23:22
    @lemon-lime said

I didn't say it was only one time. I was referring (specifically) to the one time he suggested waiting a year before passing judgement.
    You said: (referring to Mchill) "wrote in early 2017 that Americans should give him 'a year' (presumably
    without challenge or criticism) to implement his plans for the USA."
    "You can't forgive Mchill for that ONE brief moment of weakness?"
    --Lemon Lime

Lemon Lime apparently implied that Mchill made positive comments about Donald Trump only one time.
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 00:462 edits
    @duchess64 said
    "You can't forgive Mchill for that ONE brief moment of weakness?"
    --Lemon Lime

Lemon Lime apparently implied that Mchill made positive comments about Donald Trump only one time.
    I wasn't implying anything. You said: [Mchill] "wrote in early 2017 that Americans should give him 'a year' (presumably without challenge or criticism) to implement his plans for the USA."
    That was the only example you gave of what Mchill actually said, and so that is what I was referring to.
    I did not comment on anything else Michill said or might have said.
  13. Zugzwang
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 02:18
    @lemon-lime said
    I wasn't implying anything. You said: [Mchill] "wrote in early 2017 that Americans should give him 'a year' (presumably without challenge or criticism) to implement his plans for the USA."
    That was the only example you gave of what Mchill actually said, and so that is what I was referring to.
    I did not comment on anything else Michill said or might have said.
    When I cite one case of Donald Trump lying, does Lemon Lime instantly conclude
    that must be the only time that Donald Trump ever has lied?

Lemon Lime apparently jumped to the wrong conclusion that my citing one time when
    Mchill praised Donald Trump must mean that he never praised him any other time.
  14. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 04:112 edits
    @duchess64 said
    Mchill praised Donald Trump several times and, even after the election, Mchill expressed his initial approval of President Trump.

Oh Duchess, it's amazing what your emotions can to your memory. The few comments I made about Donald Trump defeating a number of experienced Republicans to gain the Republican nomination was hardly lavish praise. In addition you badly misquoted me regarding giving Donald Trump a year to implement his agenda. What I REALLY said was "I would give Donald Trump 1 year, and then evaluate his performance as President, just like I did all the other Presidents before him"

I'm not sure what you've been smoking Duchess, but please recall those famous words from my youth:

One pill makes you larger
    And one pill makes you small
    And the ones that mother gives you
    Don't do anything at all
    Go ask Alice
    When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
    And you know you're going to fall
    Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
    Has given you the call...
    Call Alice
    When she was just small

When the men on the chessboard
    Get up and tell you where to go
    And you've just had some kind of mushroom
    And your mind is moving low
    Go ask Alice
    I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
    Have fallen sloppy dead
    And the White Knight is talking backwards
    And the Red Queen's off with her head
    Remember what the Dormouse said
    Feed your head
    Feed your head
    Feed your head!

Grace Slick 😀
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    29 Oct '18 04:251 edit
    @duchess64 said

Lemon Lime apparently jumped to the wrong conclusion that my citing one time when

Lemon Lime hangs onto your every word and believes everything you say. 🗿

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. 🚮