Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 02:092 edits
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts

"FBI chief given dossier by John McCain alleging secret Trump-Russia contacts:
    Russian intelligence alleged to have compromising material on Trump"
    --Julian Borger

Reportedly, the 'compromising material' includes video of Donald Trump
    associating with prostitutes inside Moscow hotel rooms.
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 02:141 edit
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts

--Julian Borger

Where's James Bond when we really need him?

Bond, James Bond
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 02:50

--Julian Borger

Unfortunately I doubt salacious amour will make even the tiniest dent in Trump's armor. I even doubt those who voted for Trump would be a bit fazed if there were videos of Trump getting it on with Putin in a Moscow hotel room.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 02:57

--Julian Borger

When you say "reportedly," you really mean "most likely not at all," right?

Hook, line, sinker.
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 03:02

--Julian Borger

This just in from the New York Times: ..."The memos describe sex videos involving prostitutes with Mr. Trump in a 2013 visit to a Moscow hotel. The videos were supposedly prepared as “kompromat,” or compromising material, with the possible goal of blackmailing Mr. Trump in the future.

The memos also suggest that Russian officials proposed various lucrative deals, essentially as disguised bribes in order to win influence over Mr. Trump.

The memos describe several purported meetings during the 2016 presidential campaign between Trump representatives and Russian officials to discuss matters of mutual interest, including the Russian hacking of the Democratic National Committee and Mrs. Clinton’s campaign chairman, John D. Podesta." In my mind, this last paragraph hints at treason. I'm a starry eyed optimist hoping for some way to impeach Trump and best of all, lock him up.
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 06:50
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH

Hook, line, sinker.
    Hahahahhaha

Don't float away dude.
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 09:031 edit

Hook, line, sinker.
    You can read the actual report here [1]. The "sexual perversion" part is fairly entertaining (so far I've only read the first four of thirty five pages). Apparently he stayed in the Presidential suite in a hotel where Obama and his wife (who the report claims he hates) and paid prostitutes to give a "golden shower" display on the bed the Obamas had slept in because they had slept in it. My feeling there is so what? However the document further alleges that the FSB have enough material to blackmail the President Elect, although the report does not provide any details, merely saying that a former senior FSB official had claimed that.

On the positive side for Trump the report also states that he refused a number of lucrative building contracts in Russia.

The document was compiled by a freelance former British counter-intelligence officer, so this sounds like a former Security Service (aka MI5) officer rather than an SIS (MI6) officer. MI5 are the domestic operation and he or she would not have as much experience of operating abroad.

So, first of all you should take this seriously. Like all intelligence one has to be wary of drawing the conclusions one wants to without thought. It is not beyond the bounds of reason that he was being fed information by the Russians with the purpose of destabilizing the West. The plan would be first to get Trump elected and then undermine him and through him the American system of government. In that case some or all of the information may be false. However what I have read so far involves six different sources and the consultant would have noted inconsistencies in their stories.

I have to say, whether or not this is true it is plausible and that is the problem with Mr Trump.

[1] https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.html
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 10:41
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    You can read the actual report here [1]. The "sexual perversion" part is fairly entertaining (so far I've only read the first four of thirty five pages). Apparently he stayed in the Presidential suite in a hotel where Obama and his wife (who the report claims he hates) and paid prostitutes to give a "golden shower" display on the bed the Obamas had sle ...[text shortened]... rump.

[1] https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.html
    But of course we should take it "very seriously" simply on that basis alone.
    /s

The only way we could take it even more seriously is if it came from the exalted Dolly Llama hisself, or perhaps from L'il Richie Rich--- he always has the best sources!

Those who start screaming "TREASON" at a drop of an invisible hat but turn Helen Keller at John "Pedo" Podesta's sickening acts of pedophilia are the true traitors--- to both country and humanity.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 10:41
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Hahahahhaha

Don't float away dude.
    I cannot.
    Like you, sweetie, I'm too dense.
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 11:19
    But of course we should take it "very seriously" simply on that basis alone.
    /s

The only way we could take it even more seriously is if it came from the exalted Dolly Llama hisself, or perhaps from L'il Richie Rich--- he always has the best sources!

Those who start screaming "TREASON" at a drop of an invisible hat but turn Helen Keller at John "Pedo" Podesta's sickening acts of pedophilia are the true traitors--- to both country and humanity.
    I assume that you are referring to "Pizzagate"? If so then that has been debunked. You repeat it because you believe falsity and disbelieve truth.

In the meantime I've read the rest of the document. It is dynamite.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 16:02
    The weird thing is that in response to the unverified (at least publicly) allegations Trump and his team have responded by blurting out obvious lies, such as Trump's claim that he has no financial ties to Russia whatsoever - which just makes him look guilty. It's like a murder suspect saying he doesn't even own a 9mm when no one at trial told him the murder weapon was a 9mm.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 17:08
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I assume that you are referring to "Pizzagate"? If so then that has been debunked. You repeat it because you believe falsity and disbelieve truth.

In the meantime I've read the rest of the document. It is dynamite.
    Your gullibility is not surprising.
    In a classic game of Marco Pollo, every time the term "Pizzagate" is uttered, the establishment (typically via the media) echoes back with "debunked."
    It hasn't been, of course, and the folks who claim it has been are either flat out lying or unaware of the mountain of evidence which emphatically establishes the disgusting practices of the people involved.
    Compounding that obstacle are the folks who refuse to even look at the evidence, regardless of what anyone says.
    Why?
    Well, it's been debunked, of course!

Instead of falling back on that exceedingly puerile reaction "debunked," it is suggested for the curious mind to consider what others are calling evidence in an objective manner.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 17:09
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The weird thing is that in response to the unverified (at least publicly) allegations Trump and his team have responded by blurting out obvious lies, such as Trump's claim that he has no financial ties to Russia whatsoever - which just makes him look guilty. It's like a murder suspect saying he doesn't even own a 9mm when no one at trial told him the murder weapon was a 9mm.
    When this epic troll is exposed, I wonder what you'll latch onto next?

Perhaps Elvis returned from the dead?
  14. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 18:30

It's already been exposed.
    As it turns out we won't need to be sending in James Bond to recover the nonexistent microfilm... of Trump doing a Benny Hill routine... because it didn't happen.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 18:45

How do you go from "unverified allegations" to "latch[ing] onto"? As it happens, I don't need to latch onto anything because I have gravity keeping me on the surface.