Debates Forum

1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 18:48
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Your gullibility is not surprising.
    In a classic game of Marco Pollo, every time the term "Pizzagate" is uttered, the establishment (typically via the media) echoes back with "debunked."
    It hasn't been, of course, and the folks who claim it has been are either flat out lying or unaware of the mountain of evidence which emphatically establishes the disgus ...[text shortened]... gested for the curious mind to consider what others are calling evidence in an objective manner.
    That you believe it is practically evidence that it is false. Being called gullible by you is a compliment.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 19:09
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    How do you go from "unverified allegations" to "latch[ing] onto"? As it happens, I don't need to latch onto anything because I have gravity keeping me on the surface.
    Trolled.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 19:09
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    That you believe it is practically evidence that it is false. Being called gullible by you is a compliment.
    Says the person who has not researched beyond what the NYT has told him.
  4. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 20:38
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts

"FBI chief given dossier by John McCain alleging secret Trump-Russia contacts:
    Russian intelligence alleged to have compromising material on Trump"
    --Julian Borger

Reportedly, the 'compromising material' includes video of Donald Trump
    associating with prostitutes inside Moscow hotel rooms.
    I would be delighted to see Mr. Trump in an orange jumpsuit for many years. This would put Mr. Pence in the Oval office and I'm not sure this would be an improvement.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 20:40
    Originally posted by mchill
    I would be delighted to see Mr. Trump in an orange jumpsuit for many years. This would put Mr. Pence in the Oval office and I'm not sure this would be an improvement.
    Dream on.
    You'll have to be content with orange hair.
    The allegations are, as they say, Trumped up.

And the lot of you jumped right on it.

Tools.
    Who's the conspiracy nut-job now, eh?
  6. Zugzwang
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 20:57
    Originally posted by mchill
    I would be delighted to see Mr. Trump in an orange jumpsuit for many years.
    This would put Mr. Pence in the Oval office and I'm not sure this would be an improvement.
    An American of Donald Trump's claimed great wealth almost never spends any time in prison for any reason.
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 21:082 edits
    [i]Originally posted by DeepThought to FreakyKBH/i]
    You can read the actual report here [1]. The "sexual perversion" part is fairly entertaining (so far I've only read the first four of thirty five pages). Apparently he stayed in the Presidential suite in a hotel where Obama and his wife (who the report claims he hates) and paid prostitutes to give a "golden shower" display on the bed the Ob ...[text shortened]... rump.

[1] https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.html
    In 1968, Geoffrey Harrison, the UK's ambassador to the USSR, was recalled to London
    after he admitted to having an affair with a Soviet maid. who presumably worked for the KGB.

In 1987, Clayton Lonetree, a US Marine guard at the US Embassy in Moscow, was convicted
    of espionage after he gave documents to a KGB agent with whom he had been having an affair.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 22:15
    In 1968, Geoffrey Harrison, the UK's ambassador to the USSR, was recalled to London
    after he admitted to having an affair with a Soviet maid. who presumably worked for the KGB.

In 1987, Clayton Lonetree, a US Marine guard at the US Embassy in Moscow, was convicted
    of espionage after he gave documents to a KGB agent with whom he had been having an affair.
    They were desperately hoping for a repeat here.

Fix the Democratic nominee process?
    No problem.
    Use a private server for Intel security, lie about it, cover it up, continue to obfuscate and then have the whole thing blow up in your face?
    No problem.
    Allow known pedophiles to run and participate in your campaign?
    No problem.
    Pay for play?
    No problem.
    Help pave the way and fund a terrorist group which in turn is killing your country's soldiers and innocent people?
    No problem.

Suspect story from shady resources allege untoward activities which are not only self-contradictory but are also completely unsubstantiated by any outside sources or information?
    Impeach him!
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 22:37
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    They were desperately hoping for a repeat here.

Fix the Democratic nominee process?
    No problem.
    Use a private server for Intel security, lie about it, cover it up, continue to obfuscate and then have the whole thing blow up in your face?
    No problem.
    Allow known pedophiles to run and participate in your campaign?
    No problem.
    Pay for play?
    No probl ...[text shortened]... ory but are also completely unsubstantiated by any outside sources or information?
    Impeach him!
    I suspect this is going to backfire badly on McCain, Christopher Steele and those who gave it credence.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 Jan '17 22:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I suspect this is going to backfire badly on McCain, Christopher Steele and those who gave it credence.
    I'll get the popcorn.
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 00:06
    Originally posted by DeepThought to FreakyKBH
    You can read the actual report here [1]. The "sexual perversion" part is fairly entertaining (so far I've only read the first four of thirty five pages). Apparently he stayed in the Presidential suite in a hotel where Obama and his wife (who the report claims he hates) and paid prostitutes to give a "golden shower" display on the bed the O ...[text shortened]... rump.

[1] https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3259984-Trump-Intelligence-Allegations.html
    "this sounds like a former Security Service (aka MI5) officer rather than an SIS (MI6) officer."
    --DeepThought

He's been identified as Christopher Steele, a former officer in MI6.
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 00:11
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The weird thing is that in response to the unverified (at least publicly) allegations Trump and his team have responded by blurting out obvious lies, such as Trump's claim that he has no financial ties to Russia whatsoever - which just makes him look guilty. It's like a murder suspect saying he doesn't even own a 9mm when no one at trial told him the murder weapon was a 9mm.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/11/trumps-trainwreck-press-conference-ushers-in-a-clueless-presidency

"Trump's trainwreck press conference ushers in a clueless presidency"
    --Richard Wolffe (11 January 2017)

Donald Trump's a well-known pathological liar. He lies as naturally as he breathes.
    That's just what he does.
  13. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 03:21
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/11/trumps-trainwreck-press-conference-ushers-in-a-clueless-presidency

"Trump's trainwreck press conference ushers in a clueless presidency"
    --Richard Wolffe (11 January 2017)

Donald Trump's a well-known pathological liar. He lies as naturally as he breathes.
    That's just what he does.
    God.
    For a hot minute, I was thinking we might be in serious trouble, but hearing this from you let's us all know everything is kopecetic.

Thanks, Douche$$!
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 03:46
    Looks like just another bit of fake news from the establishment front.
  15. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 04:31
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/10/fbi-chief-given-dossier-by-john-mccain-alleging-secret-trump-russia-contacts

"FBI chief given dossier by John McCain alleging secret Trump-Russia contacts:
    Russian intelligence alleged to have compromising material on Trump"
    --Julian Borger

Reportedly, the 'compromising material' includes video of Donald Trump
    associating with prostitutes inside Moscow hotel rooms.
    As I said in one of my posts. This is not going to go away. Donald Trump has some explaining to do.