Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 02:30
    Down about 2% in one day.
    Great news for investors because now they get more for their money!

Trump - you are a genius!
  2. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 02:52
    @wolfgang59 said

All negative takes on the market ( which is more than the 30 DJ stocks) seem to be implying that the end is here? It will never get to, say, 29000? It is all over for US corporations? If you think that, and sell your Apple and Caterpillar tomorrow, I am buying it up.
    Seriously, you think there is no value to be had in the market? Many wealthy (I hate those guys) investors will follow the time- honored idiom...,”Buy when everybody else is selling, and sell when everybody else is buying”. take heed.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 03:31
    @averagejoe1 said
    All negative takes on the market ( which is more than the 30 DJ stocks) seem to be implying that the end is here? It will never get to, say, 29000? It is all over for US corporations? If you think that, and sell your Apple and Caterpillar tomorrow, I am buying it up.
    Seriously, you think there is no value to be had in the market? Many wealthy (I hate those guys) inves ...[text shortened]... ed idiom...,”Buy when everybody else is selling, and sell when everybody else is buying”. take heed.
    What are you rambling about?
    Say something concrete or saying nothing at all.
  4. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 03:44
    Concrete is, when a highly valued company like Apple, that you and I know will ‘go back up’ has a bargain price on its stock, you buy it at a bargain price. Can you give me a reason not to? Investors giggle with glee when these bargains pop up. Do you think they will wait till it goes up 20% before they timidly approach their (Apple!) computers and buy it too late? Treat it like a bicyvle sale,,,that bike in the window, for s short time, is 20% off! When you gonna buy it. Math 101, statistics 102.
    Watch Fox business Monday, orBloomberg
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 04:26
    @averagejoe1 said
    Concrete is, when a highly valued company like Apple, that you and I know will ‘go back up’ has a bargain price on its stock, you buy it at a bargain price. Can you give me a reason not to? Investors giggle with glee when these bargains pop up. Do you think they will wait till it goes up 20% before they timidly approach their (Apple!) computers and buy it too late? Treat ...[text shortened]... 0% off! When you gonna buy it. Math 101, statistics 102.
    If the smart guys are buying, why isn't the price going up?
  6. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 08:59
    @averagejoe1 said
    Concrete is, when a highly valued company like Apple, that you and I know will ‘go back up’ has a bargain price on its stock, you buy it at a bargain price. Can you give me a reason not to? Investors giggle with glee when these bargains pop up. Do you think they will wait till it goes up 20% before they timidly approach their (Apple!) computers and buy it too late? Treat ...[text shortened]... 0% off! When you gonna buy it. Math 101, statistics 102.
    I remember similar rationalizations being stated just before October of '87.
    But, honestly, I hope you're right.
    In any case, logic compels diversity and keeping one's profit horizon in the far future. A bear is always prudent.
  7. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 09:09
    @wolfgang59 said

Mine took a hammering but for non Trumpist relatated reasons. It will bounce back in a few weeks.

Not sure if Trump’s lawyer is going to play Trump, or if Trump has played him. Lawyers within lawyers, wheels within wheels.
  8. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 11:36
    @wolfgang59 said

I think this is likely because there's a lot of growing pains due to the trade wars going on.

But, ultimately, while some companies with many resources abroad may be adversely affected, isn't it ultimately the American workers that we are most concerned about?
  9. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 15:50
    @philokalia [i

But, ultimately, while some companies with many resources abroad may be adversely affected, isn't it ultimately the American workers that we are most concerned about?
    Absolutely , But I am afraid there are many people, some of which are on this thread, that our globalists, they want this entire world to be one happy family. Trump and I are sort of America-first people, but looking at the fake news I think we are in the minority.
    How about this little nugget. Congressman Leu of Hawaii says he wishes he could change the first amendment. What in the heck is going on .
  10. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 15:53
    I really missed the boat on the stock market. I have all my cash tied up in those stocks, ( and I am glad that I have it that way) so I cannot go buy now, a perfect time to buy stocks and get some more. Downer.
  11. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 16:06
    @philokalia said
    I think this is likely because there's a lot of growing pains due to the trade wars going on.

Yup. My pension depends upon it. Unfortunatly.
  12. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 18:30
    @kquinn909 said
    Yup. My pension depends upon it. Unfortunatly.
    If you have patience you will look back on this as a bad dream, a normal pension will do just fine
  13. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 18:40
    @handyandy said
    If the smart guys are buying, why isn't the price going up?
    This suggests that you might think that all things considered, everything happens in a predictable manner. (Liberals generally refer to this as 'Fair'😉. Not a person in the world can answer your question, it is a game. Hmmm, I think I'll wait to buy more,,,,or, I think if it goes down another 2% I am selling. or, I think I will put $20000 in a cash account and watch closely, and BUY at the moment the market (not just the Dow) starts to move. Think about it, the market would not be what it is if you knew everything in advance. It is no different than Vegas, you bet on a stock. But of course, unlike Vegas, you know the stability of the company and make an educated guess. It is just that each of us millions has our own way to play the game.Apple was $230 several months ago. Someone here implied that 'its alll over'. I, on the other hand, think it will NEVER be over,, and will jump on Apple at $165 on Monday. So two, out of millions, points of view.
  14. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 20:45
    @averagejoe1 said
    This suggests that you might think that all things considered, everything happens in a predictable manner. (Liberals generally refer to this as 'Fair'😉. Not a person in the world can answer your question, it is a game. Hmmm, I think I'll wait to buy more,,,,or, I think if it goes down another 2% I am selling. or, I think I will put $20000 in a cash account and watch clo ...[text shortened]... NEVER be over,, and will jump on Apple at $165 on Monday. So two, out of millions, points of view.
    Just keep giving advice. Can you share some other stock you might want to buy and why?

Just two simple questions to begin with. Who are the Liberals who think predictability makes things fair?

Which games are you referring to when you say Vegas?
  15. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    15 Dec '18 21:15
    @lundos said
    Just keep giving advice. Can you share some other stock you might want to buy and why?

Just two simple questions to begin with. Who are the Liberals who think predictability makes things fair?

Which games are you referring to when you say Vegas?
    As libs want social justice, whatever that means, and level playing fields, and every participant in an event receives a trophy, etc etc etc, that leaves one to think, 'well i'll be darned, No Losers!' Equates to 'Fair". But life is not fair. I don't know who the liberals 'are', but it is they that have this mindset. Very strange indeed.
    Costco, Home Depot, Caterpillar, any trade related stock, but get good advice. Not Me! I have only responded here with very basic concepts, I am not calling that advice. Someone, chicken little, implied that these market drops signal impending doom (my words), so I chimed in (yes, unsolicited) to assuage their concerns, as the good ole USA will chug along, it has come back for about 100 years, ever up, up up. So, Apple, to some the best of the best, is a real bargain...I just left one of their mall stores, the place was packed, Home Depot is packed. Good groundwork for me.
    IF you think the market has NOT come to a permanent standstill, then act accordingly. If you think it has, you probably should get out?,,,,I dont know.