Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    11 Mar '17 12:41
    Erdogan is really losing the plot.

Says I: let's have your Syrian refugees and refuse you the stick with which you threaten to beat us.

In return we'll send you Wilders and England.

Really. Calling me a nazi?
    The Turkish Putin-wanna-be has obviously been buggered by Trump and infected with moronity.

What on Earth does he think his long-term strategy is gonna be in this???

Man... bat faecal crazy stuff.
  2. 11 Mar '17 16:40
    Originally posted by shavixmir

Says I: let's have your Syrian refugees and refuse you the stick with which you threaten to beat us.

The Turkish Putin-wanna-be has obviously been buggered by Trump and infected with moronity.

This turkey debate has turned into a white elephant .
  3. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    11 Mar '17 16:50
    Originally posted by phil3000
    This turkey debate has turned into a white elephant .
    It's what Europe gets for listening to the far right's fear mongering over refugees.

If we didn't make that stupid deal, then Erdogan's grip on our testicles wpuld have been zilch.

Now we're gonna have to fundamentally screw him until he's a used snot rag flushed down a toilet.
    It's not gonna be pretty.
  4. 11 Mar '17 17:13
    Not sure why Turkey would be considered part of Europe anyhow.

Maybe in a hundred years or so when some Western European nations become majority Muslim nations will Turkey make a better fit.
  5. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    11 Mar '17 17:57
    Originally posted by Eladar

Maybe in a hundred years or so when some Western European nations become majority Muslim nations will Turkey make a better fit.
    Uh... part of it is on the European continent...

Other than that, historically, it's been the gateway to the wider world as well...
  6. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    11 Mar '17 18:25

They are an important country for NATO, Turkey controls the Dardanelles and Bosphorous which means they control access to the Mediterranean from the Black Sea. An alienated Turkey may form an alliance with Russia whose Black Sea fleet would become a strategic asset rather than the local policing force it is now. Europe and the US should not indulge Erdogan, but they need to avoid alienating him as well. The policy of Islamophobia you advocate would lead to their unnecessary alienation.
  7. 11 Mar '17 18:25
    Uh... part of it is on the European continent...

Other than that, historically, it's been the gateway to the wider world as well...
    What percent by land mass?

They took it by war. Does military conquest and butchering of Europeans give Turkey rights?
  8. 11 Mar '17 18:30

They took it by war. Does military conquest and butchering of Europeans give Turkey rights?
    3%; I agree it's not very impressive. It includes 10 million people, though, which is a slightly more meaningful 12% of the population.

Most territories were taken by war if you go back far enough. Does military conquest and butchering of Native Americans give the US rights?
  9. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    11 Mar '17 18:48

Yeah.. native Americans and rights for the US....

Smell the hypocrisy?
  10. 11 Mar '17 19:12 / 1 edit
    Yeah.. native Americans and rights for the US....

Smell the hypocrisy?
    I wouldn't expect native American nations, if the existed, to be in an organization with the US.
  11. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    11 Mar '17 19:37 / 1 edit

It seems to have been tolerated when Anglos and Hispanics did that to indigenous Americans.
  12. 11 Mar '17 19:55
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    It seems to have been tolerated when Anglos and Hispanics did that to indigenous Americans.
    That's because the Europeans won in the Americas.

Europeans accepting Turkey would be like natives having won accepting Europeans.
  13. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    11 Mar '17 20:57

For the unmoored, the entire world appears crazy--- even when the truth is slapping one square in the nutsack.
    For those who are grounded in reality this entire scene played put years ago.
    The craziness of the scene is more a reflection of your worldview than anything unexpected.
  14. 11 Mar '17 21:07
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    3%; I agree it's not very impressive. It includes 10 million people, though, which is a slightly more meaningful 12% of the population.

Most territories were taken by war if you go back far enough. Does military conquest and butchering of Native Americans give the US rights?
    If Europe was conquered by the Muslims, then there would be a comparison.
  15. 11 Mar '17 22:19

haha you Nazi remnants and fascists