Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    23 Sep '16 23:11
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    a new player or a statement
    I've accepted his challenge
    hope he is not as good as the real Duchess
    This Duchess isn't that new. Although they haven't completed any games yet the player profile says they joined in January of last year.
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    23 Sep '16 23:131 edit
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    a new player or a statement
    I've accepted his challenge
    hope he is not as good as the real Duchess
    'Duchess84' might be a troll who already has an account at RHP and has violated the
    Terms of Service (which hardly seem to be enforced at all) by creating another account.

By the way, No1Marauder (one of my trolls) claimed that he has 'no idea' of my chess strength.
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    23 Sep '16 23:17
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    This Duchess isn't that new. Although they haven't completed any games yet the player profile says they joined in January of last year.
    When a genuine new player joins RHP, one typically soon starts playing enough games to get a provisional rating.
    It seems unusual that a new player would join RHP and not have finished even one game 21 months later.
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 02:55
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    'Duchess84' might be a troll who already has an account at RHP and has violated the
    Terms of Service (which hardly seem to be enforced at all) by creating another account.

By the way, No1Marauder (one of my trolls) claimed that he has 'no idea' of my chess strength.
    Are you still claiming that you must be a strong OTB player (which by your definition would mean much better than 90 percentile of USCF rated players) based on your rating on an internet correspondence site?

Any actual OTB player would find such a claim ridiculous.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 06:23
    When a genuine new player joins RHP, one typically soon starts playing enough games to get a provisional rating.
    It seems unusual that a new player would join RHP and not have finished even one game 21 months later.
    Like "trisha80", who joined and then didn't play one game until 10 months later?

No doubt her creator was waiting until time separated him from his crime.
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 20:011 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Like "trisha80", who joined and then didn't play one game until 10 months later?
    No doubt her creator was waiting until time separated him from his crime.
    A genuine new member is typically interested in completing at least a few games soon after joining.
    A genuine new member's unlikely to choose a name that's almost exactly like an existing member's.
    Most genuine new members prefer to establish a distinctive individual identity.

The name 'Duchess84' likely seems to have been chosen for trolling purposes, perhaps
    in the hope that careless readers might confuse what 'Duchess84' does with what Duchess64 does.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 20:073 edits
    A genuine new member is typically interested in completing at least a few games soon after joining.
    A genuine new member's unlikely to choose a name that's almost exactly like an existing member's.
    Most genuine new members prefer to establish a distinctive individual identity.

The name 'Duchess84' likely seems to have been chosen for trolling purposes ...[text shortened]...
    in the hope that careless readers might confuse what 'Duchess84' does with what Duchess64 does.
    How does such a theory align with the fact that the user in question has made exactly zero forum posts?

A new user might choose a username, look over the site and decide not to play any games but then return at a later date and start playing. "Duchess" is hardly a unique term and given that there are thousands of usernames here coincidence is a more likely explanation then your paranoid fantasy.

EDIT: In fact, there are 11 accounts which start with the word "Duchess". http://www.redhotpawn.com/chess/chess-player-directory.php

There's even 3 marauders and 17 no1's.
  9. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 20:20
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    How does such a theory align with the fact that the user in question has made exactly zero forum posts?

A new user might choose a username, look over the site and decide not to play any games but then return at a later date and start playing. "Duchess" is hardly a unique term and given that there are thousands of usernames here coincidence is a more l ...[text shortened]... which start with the word "Duchess". http://www.redhotpawn.com/chess/chess-player-directory.php
    FMF ,Duchess64 and Duchess84 .
    One and the same ?
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 21:184 edits
    Are you still claiming that you must be a strong OTB player (which by your definition
    would mean much better than 90 percentile of USCF rated players) based on your
    rating on an internet correspondence site?

Any actual OTB player would find such a claim ridiculous.
    The sneering troll No1Marauder keeps putting words into my mouth in order to attack me.

First of all, I made no *explicit* claim of being a particularly 'strong' player *within my chess circle*.
    On the contrary, I pointed out that a friend of mine (who drew at age 12 in a simul with
    Anatoly Karpov) regards himself as a 'weak' player. My friend (who's rated about 2200 FIDE
    now, which is not his peak) regards me as his peer, more or less, and so also as a 'weak' player.
    My point is that my chess circle has much higher standards than No1Marauder (who has
    disingenuously lauded a FIDE 1622 player from Uganda) in assessing chess strength.
    In contrast to the very ethnocentric American No1Marauder, I have known and played
    with (I scored at least 50% ) players who attended Soviet chess schools for years.
    None of my friends or acquaintances coming from Soviet chess culture would be as
    easily impressed as No1Marauder by the chess strength of a FIDE 1622 player.
    My self-described 'weak' chess friends would regard the arrogant No1Marauder with disdain.

Second, my assessment of my chess strength is *not* based *only* on my rating at RHP.
    My point is that the extremely prejudiced dishonest troll No1Marauder has COMPLETELY
    DISMISSED both my RHP 2097 rating and the EVIDENCE OF MY 67 GAMES AT RHP
    as leading him to have 'NO IDEA' (to quote No1Marauder) at all of my chess strength.
    That shows No1Marauder's extreme prejudice and dishonesty.

67 games (of varying quality) is a substantial sample. Some other players have spent
    time analyzing my RHP games and (in addition to noticing my blunders, if they did), they
    have told me that they were very impressed by some of my games. But the arrogant
    troll No1Marauder, of course, would prefer to keep sneering at all of my chess games.
    Would No1Marauder like to accuse me of cheating by using a chess engine? Can he cite any evidence?

According to a 2004 USCF ratings distribution table, USCF Class A players 1800-1899
    are at the 91.71% of all players and 89.13% of all non-scholastic players. So (not to
    split hairs to the exact percentage point), I would say that a player rated USCF 1900+
    should be in the top 10%. I definitely am (or was) at least USCF 1900 in strength OTB.
    In contrast to the sneering troll No1Marauder, no USCF opponent of mine disputed it.
    Players rated below 1900 USCF were *not* displeased to draw their games, if they could, with me.
    In fact, there were many USCF players who regarded me as a 'strong' player.

In fact, I used to play (I no longer am in the same location) many serious training games
    with a friend (who's now rated about 1975 USCF and had a peak rating of 2125 USCF),
    and I scored about 70-75%. After enough games, he conceded that I was clearly a
    stronger player. He assessed my chess talent as within the top 1%. He believed,
    however, that I lacked the aggressive, dominant personality to become a top master.
    He said that I was talented enough to be good but 'too nice' to become the best.

In fact, an old friend of mine (a retired American professor) is rated slightly less than 1800 USCF
    OTB and about 2100 in official USCF correspondence chess. He long has freely
    acknowledged that I am a much stronger player. Indeed, he used to ask me for advice
    about some critical positions in some of his official USCF correspondence games,
    though never to the extent that I felt that I would be playing his game, in effect. for him.
    I decided to leave to my friend's conscience how he would he use what I told him about chess.

If hurling insults and lies were a measure of chess strength, the abusive pathological liar
    No1Marauder already would be a GM. But No1Marauder's tireless insults and lies (or
    the approval of other sexist trolls) hurled at me cannot affect my chess strength.
    Chess games are decided by moves, not by holding popularity contests among ignorant trolls.

When I was a shy young player entering a chess club full of older boys, many of them
    acted generally like the abusive sexist troll No1Marauder loves to keep doing now.
    They instantly jumped to the conclusion that I must be extremely weak at chess and
    incapable of any improvement, so they sneered at me, insulted me, and initially refused
    to play against me. At last, one of them agreed to play against me only in the hope that,
    after I lost a game, I would leave and never return. In fact, I won that game and then
    the next and the next. I defeated every opponent except for the official club champion,
    who always made an excuse to avoid playing me because he was too afraid of losing.
    It reached the point when the official club champion would instantly run away as soon as
    he noticed me entering the club. Everyone else knew why he really always had to leave
    rather than face me in a chess game.

Obsessed with hatred of me, the arrogant troll No1Marauder finds it impossible to believe
    that I could be a stronger chess player than his stereotypical fantasies allow him to accept.
    And *if* No1Marauder were to accept it, I suspect that the racist, sexist No1Marauder would
    conclude that me being a 'strong' chess player must be evidence that I am a white man.

Has the lying troll No1Marauder yet found any statement in which I identify myself as white?
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 21:484 edits

A new user might choose a username, look over the site and decide not to play any games but then return at a later date and start playing. "Duchess" is hardly a unique term and given that there are thousands of usernames here coincidence is a more l ...[text shortened]... ://www.redhotpawn.com/chess/chess-player-directory.php

There's even 3 marauders and 17 no1's.
    The troll No1Marauder keeps being extremely disingenuous in attacking me as usual.
    First of all, I don't claim to know the exact motives, let alone the identity, of Duchess84.
    What I wrote was a conjecture about a possible motive.

Second, I note that Suzianne has concluded that Trisha80's a multiple account created by a troll.
    Trisha80's account was created in September 2015. It was *not* until July 2016 that
    Trisha80 began posting in the forums or playing games (largely against FreakyKBH).
    I suspect that Suzianne would concur with me that not all trolls must be as obviously
    transparent as the troll No1Marauder apparently insists that they must be.

"No doubt her (Trisha80's) creator was waiting until time separated him from his crime."
    --Suzianne

Third, speaking of my alleged 'paranoid fantasy', FMF eventually admitted (after lying
    and denying it) that he violated RHP's Terms of Service by creating a multiple account
    for the apparent purpose of trolling me. As I recall, Teinosuke wrote that it was inappropriate.

And No1Marauder ignores the fact that out of the 11 accounts starting with 'Duchess',
    half of them were created *before* my account. In contrast to later accounts such as
    'Duchess of Malfi' or 'Duchess of Mayrick', 'Duchess84' is the only account that differs
    from mine by *only one digit*. So would No1Marauder regard the creation of a new
    'No2Marauder' account as a mere coincidence? Yes or no?

That said, I have no particular complaint against Duchess84 at this time, and I wish
    Duchess84 well as long as that member behaves oneself.
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 22:103 edits

In fact, I have played 67 games at RHP and obtained a rating of 2097.
    These 67 games may be intensively analyzed and checked for any signs that I used a chess engine.
    I know that some players have analyzed my games. I suspect that some of my trolls also
    have done their utmost to find any 'suspicious' high correlation between my moves and
    any chess engine's, and they apparently have found none.

But the sneering troll No1Marauder likes to insist that he has 'NO IDEA' of my chess strength.
    I suspect that No1Marauder would sing a different tune *if* I had a rating of only 1097 at RHP.

Would No1Marauder concede that he has any idea whether I know how to make legal chess moves? (sarcasm)
    And, if No1Marauder were to concede it, then would he like to claim that it must be evidence
    in support of his claim (for which he can quote no statement by me) that I am white?
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 23:24
    The sneering troll No1Marauder keeps putting words into my mouth in order to attack me.

First of all, I made no *explicit* claim of being a particularly 'strong' player *within my chess circle*.
    On the contrary, I pointed out that a friend of mine (who drew at age 12 in a simul with
    Anatoly Karpov) regards himself as a 'weak' player. My friend (who' ...[text shortened]...

Has the lying troll No1Marauder yet found any statement in which I identify myself as white?
    A lot of claims made without any evidence to support them.

The point is an internet correspondence rating is not proof of OTB strength esp. at the elevated levels you claim for yourself. I really do have no idea of your actual OTB playing strength; that statement is accurate.
  14. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 23:253 edits
    The troll No1Marauder keeps being extremely disingenuous in attacking me as usual.
    First of all, I don't claim to know the exact motives, let alone the identity, of Duchess84.
    What I wrote was a conjecture about a possible motive.

Second, I note that Suzianne has concluded that Trisha80's a multiple account created by a troll.
    Trisha80's account was ...[text shortened]... ainst Duchess84 at this time, and I wish
    Duchess84 well as long as that member behaves oneself.
    IF a no2Marauder account was created and made no forum posts, I would have no reason to think it had anything to do with me (it's quite likely that people create their usernames without ever looking at the Forums). I would not make this irrational claim:

The name 'Duchess84' likely seems to have been chosen for trolling purposes

In fact, it seems most unlikely since the username hasn't posted at all despite having the account for more than a year and a half. Contrary to your Duchess-centered theory of the universe, not everything is about you.
  15. Zugzwang
    Moves
    24 Sep '16 23:443 edits
    A lot of claims made without any evidence to support them.

The point is an internet correspondence rating is not proof of OTB strength esp. at the
    elevated levels you claim for yourself. I really do have no idea of your actual OTB playing strength; that statement is accurate.
    The extremely arrogant lying troll No1Marauder loves to keep making cocksure
    accusations about me WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO CITE ANY EVIDENCE to support them.

No1Marauder has made the cocksure claim that I cannot be a non-white woman, which
    later came down to his claim that I am (or must be) white. No1Marauder cannot cite any
    evidence to support his claim, which seems based only upon No1Marauder's RACIAL PREJUDICE.

Now the troll No1Marauder apparently takes the fanatical position that I must be a weak
    chess player (at least far from a 'strong' player) who must be lying about claiming to play
    OTB chess well, if at all. No1Marauder CANNOT CITE ANY EVIDENCE THAT I AM LYING.
    But No1Marauder loves to keep reiterating FALSE ACCUSATIONS WITHOUT CITING ANY EVIDENCE.

No1Marauder seems to be a weak enough player that he would regard a 1900 USCF rating as 'elevated'.
    But in my chess circle, a 1900 USCF rating would be generally regarded as 'weak'.

I could not care less about whatever nonsense the lying troll No1Marauder likes to keep
    fantasizing about me. As far as I can infer from his tireless ravings, No1Marauder seems
    to believe that I am a white man and a weak chess player who must be lying about everything.

Again, would No1Marauder like to reveal his real name and USCF rating in this forum?