Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 20 Jul '09 16:19
    What are the opinions circulating in regard to the economic and political climate of the world at the present time?
    Ideas on corruption, deceit, economy and various other political and economic topics.

My personal opinion on the economic and political climate is:
    The world is going to the dumps.
  2. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    20 Jul '09 16:33
    Originally posted by Elle Fanning Rulez
    What are the opinions circulating in regard to the economic and political climate of the world at the present time?
    Ideas on corruption, deceit, economy and various other political and economic topics.

Succinct.
  3. 20 Jul '09 17:37

I totally agree with you and could not have said it better myself.
    personally, i believe our leaders are all corrupt and those that aren't will shortly head that way. I further belive that our true leaders are not the presidents and dictators, rather the huge corporations that do not care about the unethical aspects of their behaviour. Take Wal Mart (sorry for those who aren't American or Canadian you probably don't know what that is), it barges in a town and immediately gains monopoly. All the small business in the town are immediately put at a disadvantage as they can not hope to compete. That in turn leads to more money to the big Boss of Walmart. Also the Iraq war. Who gained from that. Not the people. Not Bush. It was the big oil companies. They were the biggest supporters of that war. they were the major sponsors. Of course, them and the taxpayers.
  4. 20 Jul '09 17:40
    Originally posted by Ringwraith
    I totally agree with you and could not have said it better myself.
    personally, i believe our leaders are all corrupt and those that aren't will shortly head that way. I further belive that our true leaders are not the presidents and dictators, rather the huge corporations that do not care about the unethical aspects of their behaviour. Take Wal Mart (sor ...[text shortened]... gest supporters of that war. they were the major sponsors. Of course, them and the taxpayers.
    Wow that's long. I agree with your ideas, but the worst thing is no one can do a thing about it. That is the thing that hurts
  5. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    20 Jul '09 17:45
    Another idiot with no sense of history.
  6. Standard member wormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    20 Jul '09 18:06 / 1 edit

First of all the deathless gods who dwell on Olympus made a golden race of mortal men who lived in the time of Cronos when he was reigning in heaven. And they lived like gods without sorrow of heart, remote and free from toil and grief: miserable age rested not on them; but with legs and arms never failing they made merry with feasting beyond the reach of all evils. When they died, it was as though they were overcome with sleep, and they had all good things; for the fruitful earth unforced bare them fruit abundantly and without stint. They dwelt in ease and peace upon their lands with many good things, rich in flocks and loved by the blessed gods.

then it all got completely bollocksed d00d.

hesiod, around 700bc.
  7. 20 Jul '09 20:12
    Originally posted by wormwood
    [b]My personal opinion on the economic and political climate is:

First of all the deathless gods who dwell on Olympus made a golden race of mortal men who lived in the time of Cronos when he was reigning in heaven. And they lived like gods without sorrow of heart, r ...[text shortened]... by the blessed gods.

then it all got completely bollocksed d00d.

hesiod, around 700bc.[/b]
    So you're not a Christian?
  8. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    20 Jul '09 20:16

what pirate marketing group do you work for?
  9. Standard member zozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    20 Jul '09 20:57
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Another idiot with no sense of history.
    Talking to yourself makes you look silly:p
  10. Standard member zozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    20 Jul '09 20:59
    Originally posted by Ringwraith
    Take Wal Mart (sorry for those who aren't American or Canadian you probably don't know what that is)
    Ofcourse I know what Wall Mart is,...theres a Southpark episode about it:p
  11. Subscriber huckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    21 Jul '09 00:32
    Am i the only one who thinks at least two of the posters in this thread are the same person?
  12. 21 Jul '09 01:43
    Colonel Sanders went to town a rideing on a chicken
    stuck his finger up his butt and called it finger lickin.