Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Account suspended
    Joined
    02 Jan '15
    Moves
    10189
    25 Mar '16 16:421 edit
    Seems someone wrote in chalk "Trump 2016" on campus and now the delicate little flowers are demonstrating and demanding the president of Emory take action while they run to safe places at school and receive emergency emotional care for their discomfort.
    Our future is secure, America!
    With young stalwarts like these in the wings waiting to take over, how can we go wrong?
  2. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    25 Mar '16 17:23
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Seems someone wrote in chalk "Trump 2016" on campus [...]
    Did they get lost on the way to the trailer park?
  3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    25 Mar '16 17:31
    Ha!

    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/03/24/students-terrified-by-trump-2016-chalk-drawings.html

    Emory University President Jim Wagner later met with the protestors and acknowledged in an email that they had voice “genuine concern and pain in the face of this perceived intimidation.”

    “I cannot dismiss their expression of feelings and concern as motivated only by political preference or over-sensitivity,” he wrote in an email to students. “Instead, the students with whom I spoke heard a message, not about political process or candidate choice, but instead about values regarding diversity and respect that clash with Emory’s own.”

    President Wagner vowed to launch an investigation and round up the pro-Trump graffiti artists, the newspaper reported.

    He said if the individuals are students they will go through a conduct violation process and if they are not students they will face trespassing charges.

    Meanwhile, Fox Sports reports that the university’s student government association is providing “emergency counseling for students triggered by the Trump 2016 campus chalkings.”



    Poor kids. My prayers and thoughts are with them and their families.
  4. Account suspended
    Joined
    02 Jan '15
    Moves
    10189
    25 Mar '16 17:32
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Did they get lost on the way to the trailer park?
    No but the students that protested got lost on the way to their day care center with the rest of the infants.
  5. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    25 Mar '16 17:351 edit
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    No but the students that protested got lost on the way to their day care center with the rest of the infants.
    Well, at least they were in the bathroom so they had TP to wipe their tears.

    Edit: I just totally made that up as it wasn't in the original article. Oh well.
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    02 Jan '15
    Moves
    10189
    25 Mar '16 17:38
    Originally posted by sh76
    Ha!

    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/03/24/students-terrified-by-trump-2016-chalk-drawings.html

    Emory University President Jim Wagner later met with the protestors and acknowledged in an email that they had voice “genuine concern and pain in the face of this perceived intimidation.”

    “I cannot dismiss their expression of feelings and concern a ...[text shortened]... us chalkings.”



    Poor kids. My prayers and thoughts are with them and their families.
    They wouldn't last an hour in army basic training.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    25 Mar '16 17:39
    Does it offend you that some people are easily offended?
  8. Account suspended
    Joined
    02 Jan '15
    Moves
    10189
    25 Mar '16 17:44
    Originally posted by JS357
    Does it offend you that some people are easily offended?
    Get easily offended all you want but don't look for sympathy and act like a baby about it and demand someone be punished because they said something you don't agree with. .
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    25 Mar '16 18:31
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Get easily offended all you want but don't look for sympathy and act like a baby about it and demand someone be punished because they said something you don't agree with. .
    So be offended but don't tell people what to do about it.
  10. Account suspended
    Joined
    02 Jan '15
    Moves
    10189
    25 Mar '16 18:572 edits
    Originally posted by JS357
    So be offended but don't tell people what to do about it.
    I'm not telling anyone to do anything I'm just pointing out how college students today are hyper-sensitive infants.
    I hope that doesn't offend you.
    Go to a safe space now and cry about it, then see a crisis counselor. .
  11. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    25 Mar '16 20:322 edits
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    They wouldn't last an hour in army basic training.
    That's why we send the Mexicans to the army. The Army is really unpleasant. Dangerous too.

    Full Metal Jacket scene (language warning)

    YouTube

    Soldiers get treated like garbage.

    Hindu society is similar to Hispanic society in this way. The highest Hindu caste is not the dark skinned warrior Kshatrians. It's the light skinned Brahmins.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    25 Mar '16 23:531 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    Does it offend you that some people are easily offended?
    It does not bother me at all. What bothers me is that some people get special treatment for being offended while others are told to get over it.

    Does it offend you that he was offended?
  13. Account suspended
    Joined
    02 Jan '15
    Moves
    10189
    26 Mar '16 00:163 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    T

    Hindu society is similar to Hispanic society in this way. The highest Hindu caste is not the dark skinned warrior Kshatrians. It's the light skinned Brahmins.
    Actually it's that way everywhere isn't it?
  14. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    26 Mar '16 00:579 edits
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Actually it's that way everywhere isn't it?
    Not necessarily.

    It seems to me that in Germanic societies, including Anglo-American, warriors are honored and respected to a much greater degree.

    For example, the Confederacy didn't use black slaves for soldiers; they used their "high caste" whites.

    That's part of why they lost.

    The British Empire was never ashamed to send mercenaries and colonial armies to fight however.

    They learned how to be an Empire from the Romano-British.

    Also Spartan army - not made up of helots.

    Imperial Japan - army not made up of Koreans and Chinese, but glorious Japanese warriors.

    But China tends to treat the army as of low social status.

    Arabs too. Not kind to their warriors.

    The Romans were pretty good to their warriors. Being a Legionary was considered honorable. But they also had low status auxiliary mercenaries.

    Medieval feudal kingdoms which came to be when Germanics expanded all over Europe - ruled by warrior knights.

    http://www.deutschland-im-mittelalter.de/bilder/landkarten/landkarte-wikingereinfaelle-fruehmittelalter.png
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    26 Mar '16 04:36
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    I'm not telling anyone to do anything I'm just pointing out how college students today are hyper-sensitive infants.
    I hope that doesn't offend you.
    Go to a safe space now and cry about it, then see a crisis counselor. .
    I'm not offended but when you tell people what not to do, like your "don't look for sympathy and act like a baby about it and demand someone be punished because they said something you don't agree with" it is the same thing. I'm just saying, take it as well as you dish it out, dude.
Back to Top