Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Jun '14 00:10
    Apparently the House Majority leader is "too liberal" for Virginia Republicans. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2014/by_state/VA_Page_0610.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=POLITICS
  2. 11 Jun '14 00:30
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Apparently the House Majority leader is "too liberal" for Virginia Republicans. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/files/elections/2014/by_state/VA_Page_0610.html?SITE=AP&SECTION=POLITICS
    There is a real disagreement in the Republican party about who and what is the party position, and many conservatives believe the establishment has abandoned them.
  3. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Jun '14 00:49
    Originally posted by normbenign
    There is a real disagreement in the Republican party about who and what is the party position, and many conservatives believe the establishment has abandoned them.
    Cantor has a 100% rating from the National Right to Life Committee, an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association and a 0% rating from the AFL-CIO political arm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Cantor

It also says "Cantor is the only Jewish Republican in the United States Congress". Makes you wonder if that had something to do with his loss.
  4. 11 Jun '14 01:53
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Don't look at me, I didn't do it.
  5. 11 Jun '14 02:09
    Well I assume liberals are happy. Cantor was the #2 man next to Boehner.

6. 11 Jun '14 02:21
    Personally I could care less. This is a government that ignores IRS scandals, pretends to deal with the VA scandals but only end up firing people rather than hiring more staff which is needed, does not hold Obama accountable for virtually anything he does, and basically caves to his every whim.

Heads should start rolling, it's about time.
  7. 11 Jun '14 02:29 / 1 edit
    Eric Cantor raised $1 million from the GOP establishment while his opponent mustered only $200,000 from conservatives but he won anyway.

More than likely, his opponent will not be given a dime from the GOP establishment for the election in 2014.

Again, liberals should be dancing in the streets about this.
  8. 11 Jun '14 02:38 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    [b]Cantor has a 100% rating from the National Right to Life Committee, an "A" rating from the National Rifle Association and a 0% rating from the AFL-CIO political arm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Cantor

It also says "Cantor is the only Jewish Republican in the United States Congress". Makes you wonder if that had something to do with
    So the Tea Party does not care for Obama cause he is black and they don't care for Cantor cause he is a Jew.

Got it!!

Thanks for that.

I'm sitting here listening to Mark Levin, a conservative Jew, celebrate the loss of Cantor. Maybe he hates himself because he is a Jew.
  9. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    11 Jun '14 02:42 / 1 edit
    I give up.

Screw the Republican party. They're going to choke away their chance to win the Senate again because of the knuckle-dragging single digit IQ wing who thinks that anyone who cooperates with a Democrat is a blood traitor. (I know that Cantor is in the House, but they'll probably make similar dumb plays in the Senate.)

I need a 3rd party to support.

Tell me about the Greens, No1.

Well, okay, probably not.
  10. 11 Jun '14 02:53 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by sh76
    I give up.

Screw the Republican party. They're going to choke away their chance to win the Senate again because of the knuckle-dragging single digit IQ wing who thinks that anyone who cooperates with a Democrat is a blood traitor. (I know that Cantor is in the House, but they'll probably make similar dumb plays in the Senate.)

Join the club. I don't have a party either.

It's just nice to see one corrupt party begin to fall apart. I think it has a lot to do with the hypocrisy within the GOP. Liberals are proud when they increase the size and scope of government while the GOP tries to pretend to hate it.

I await a Hillary win for two terms. That should bring more conservatives into the fold.
  11. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    11 Jun '14 03:18
    Here's the opposition to the Virginia 8th District Teabagger:

http://ballotpedia.org/Jack_Trammell
  12. 11 Jun '14 03:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    Join the club. I don't have a party either.

It's just nice to see one corrupt party begin to fall apart. I think it has a lot to do with the hypocrisy within the GOP. Liberals are proud when they increase the size and scope of government while the GOP tries to pretend to hate it.

I await a Hillary win for two terms. That should bring more conservatives into the fold.
    I love it when a GOP establishment type takes it on the chin.
  13. 11 Jun '14 03:42
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I love it when a GOP establishment type takes it on the chin.
    Never before has the GOP leadership been this weak in the entire history of the US.

This type of win has never been accomplished in US Congressional history.
  14. 11 Jun '14 04:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Never before has the GOP leadership been this weak in the entire history of the US.

This type of win has never been accomplished in US Congressional history.
    Screw the establishment, both the D and the R variety.
  15. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    11 Jun '14 04:21 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    I give up.

Please, don't give up. It was a series of GOP missteps that led to Obama's rise to power in 2008, and it will be a series of Democratic missteps that will lead to the reemergence of the GOP. It was that way before either of us were born, and it will be that way long after we're gone. The GOP will emerge from this situation stronger, more united (and I suspect a little more moderate), as Nietzsche once said: "Out of chaos come order"