Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 19 Dec '11 22:23
    Attorney General Eric Holder accused his growing chorus of critics of racist motivations in a Sunday interview published in the New York Times. When reached by The Daily Caller Monday morning, the Department of Justice provided no evidence to support the attorney general’s claims.

Holder said some unspecified faction — what he refers to as the “more extreme segment” — is driven to criticize both him and President Barack Obama due to the color of their skin. Holder did not appear to elaborate on who he considered to make up the “more extreme segment.”

“This is a way to get at the president because of the way I can be identified with him,” Holder said, according to the Times. “Both due to the nature of our relationship and, you know, the fact that we’re both African-American.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/12/19/justice-dept-silent-as-holder-charges-critics-with-racism/#ixzz1h1NO2XGO

A 'more extreme segment' ? Who are they who wield such power ? Holder wont say who it is, but be rest assured they are there and are behind this ! Personally, I think Holder is a disgrace. Agree or disagree ?
  2. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    19 Dec '11 22:32
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    [quote]Attorney General Eric Holder accused his growing chorus of critics of racist motivations in a Sunday interview published in the New York Times. When reached by The Daily Caller Monday morning, the Department of Justice provided no evidence to support the attorney general’s claims.

[b]Holder said some unspecified faction — what he refers to a ...[text shortened]... here and are behind this ! Personally, I think Holder is a disgrace. Agree or disagree ?
    [/b]
    Nothing to see here. Here's what Holder said in the NY Times article:

In the interview, Mr. Holder offered a glimpse of how he viewed the criticism. He said he thought some critics — like Senator Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican who favors allowing the military to handle terrorism suspects over the criminal justice system — are expressing “good faith” arguments about their policy disagreements.

But Mr. Holder contended that many of his other critics — not only elected Republicans but also a broader universe of conservative commentators and bloggers — were instead playing “Washington gotcha” games, portraying them as frequently “conflating things, conveniently leaving some stuff out, construing things to make it seem not quite what it was” to paint him and other department figures in the worst possible light.

Of that group of critics, Mr. Holder said he believed that a few — the “more extreme segment” — were motivated by animus against Mr. Obama and that he served as a stand-in for him. “This is a way to get at the president because of the way I can be identified with him,” he said, “both due to the nature of our relationship and, you know, the fact that we’re both African-American.”

Mr. Holder, however, attributed most of the hostility to underlying ideological differences. “I think that people, despite my law enforcement background, view me as taking these consistently progressive stands, and I think that, philosophically, there is a desire to get at that person,” he said. “But I think the stands I have taken are totally consistent with a person who is looking at things realistically, factually.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/18/us/politics/under-partisan-fire-eric-holder-soldiers-on.html?_r=3&pagewanted=1

I don't find anything "disgraceful" about Holder's conduct as Attorney General though I don't agree with everything he has done. Your statement is ridiculous hyperbole.
  3. 20 Dec '11 01:34
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Nothing to see here. Here's what Holder said in the NY Times article:

In the interview, Mr. Holder offered a glimpse of how he viewed the criticism. He said he thought some critics — like Senator Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican who favors allowing the military to handle terrorism suspects over the criminal justice system — ar ...[text shortened]... though I don't agree with everything he has done. Your statement is ridiculous hyperbole.
    Pulling the race card is not disgraceful ?!
  4. 20 Dec '11 01:44
    Do you feel your hysterical reactions to any minor thing someone in the Obama administration does become more valid once they're accompanied by smiley faces?
  5. 20 Dec '11 02:52
    It's just Democratic. Of course when Republicans roasted a 100 year old Senator, who once was a Democrat at the time he was a segregationist, they were disgraceful. You don't expect fair and equal treatment, do you?
  6. 20 Dec '11 02:54
    [quote]Attorney General Eric Holder accused his growing chorus of critics of racist motivations in a Sunday interview published in the New York Times. When reached by The Daily Caller Monday morning, the Department of Justice provided no evidence to support the attorney general’s claims.

[b]Holder said some unspecified faction — what he refers to a ...[text shortened]... here and are behind this ! Personally, I think Holder is a disgrace. Agree or disagree ?
    [/b]
    Fast and furious, and the decision not to prosecute the new Black Panthers was disgraceful, and the later racist as well.

The shameless attacks on black conservatives is also disgraceful.
  7. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    20 Dec '11 15:45
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Fast and furious, and the decision not to prosecute the new Black Panthers was disgraceful, and the later racist as well.

The shameless attacks on black conservatives is also disgraceful.
    Fast and furious was an existing program started under Republicans.

The decision regarding the new Black Panthers was clearly correct; their offenses were minor if any and it would have been a waste of government resources to pursue such a trivial matter.

Has Holder made any "shameless attacks on black conservatives"?
  8. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    20 Dec '11 17:19
    You all do realise that ANY regime which calls it's programs
    "THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS" or
    "SHOCK 'N' AWE"

is only taken seriously because they have nuclear weapons, don't ya all?

THE DUMB AND THE FEEBLE MINDED.
    That sums US politics.
  9. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    20 Dec '11 17:41
    Hey, Shav, we're the coolest country on the planet. A Euroweenie like you wouldn't understand...

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2011/09/america-voted-coolest-nationality-on-the-planet/
  10. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    20 Dec '11 17:54
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Hey, Shav, we're the coolest country on the planet. A Euroweenie like you wouldn't understand...

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2011/09/america-voted-coolest-nationality-on-the-planet/
    Oh this I've got to see...

I presume they use cool as in cold then?

However, yes, you are correct. Seemingly trailer parks are cooler than pictoresque Alpine cottages.

But why is Obama the coolest politician?
    I mean... Berlesconi... surely. That man has balls the size of small planets.
  11. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    20 Dec '11 17:59
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Oh this I've got to see...

I presume they use cool as in cold then?

However, yes, you are correct. Seemingly trailer parks are cooler than pictoresque Alpine cottages.

But why is Obama the coolest politician?
    I mean... Berlesconi... surely. That man has balls the size of small planets.
    Ewoks and the Dude are American

Though I don't like Ewoks. In the original story they were supposed to be Wookies but the little kids needed something cuter so they'd buy the toys and see the movie 20 times.
  12. Standard member expuddlepirate
    Exaulted high possum
    20 Dec '11 18:22
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Ewoks and the Dude are American

Though I don't like Ewoks. In the original story they were supposed to be Wookies but the little kids needed something cuter so they'd buy the toys and see the movie 20 times.
    This is just a rumor started by the empire to discredit the rebels.
  13. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    20 Dec '11 18:29
    Originally posted by expuddlepirate
    This is just a rumor started by the empire to discredit the rebels.
    haha
  14. 20 Dec '11 19:10

The decision regarding the new Black Panthers was clearly correct; their offenses were minor if any and it would have been a waste of government resources to pursue such a trivial matter.

Has Holder made any "shameless attacks on black conservatives"?
    Fast and furious was an existing program started under Republicans. -no1marauder

WRONG AGAIN operation "fast and furious" was started in the fall of 2009.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    20 Dec '11 23:35
    Fast and furious was an existing program started under Republicans. -no1marauder

[b] WRONG AGAIN
    operation "fast and furious" was started in the fall of 2009.[/b]
    Different name, same thing:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/earlier-atf-gun-operation-wide-receiver-used-same-tactics-as-fast-and-furious/2011/10/06/gIQAuRHIRL_story.html