Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 26 May '13 00:00
    iraq sleep with turks, turks sleep with bulgarians, bulgarians sleep with romanians, romanians sleep with hungarians, hungarians sleep with austrians, austrians sleep with italians..............italians sleep with everybody............

we are all a bit of everything.......go back long enough and we are all africans.

only idiots cling on to cultures of the past. there is nothing proud about mimicking or sticking to outdated, less civilized ideologies.
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    26 May '13 00:02
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    iraq sleep with turks, turks sleep with bulgarians, bulgarians sleep with romanians, romanians sleep with hungarians, hungarians sleep with austrians, austrians sleep with italians..............italians sleep with everybody............

we are all a bit of everything.......go back long enough and we are all africans.

only idiots cling on to cultu ...[text shortened]... past. there is nothing proud about mimicking or sticking to outdated, less civilized ideologies.
    And yet your profile proudly identifies you as English. Why is that?
  3. 26 May '13 00:06
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    And yet your profile proudly identifies you as English. Why is that?
    how so?
  4. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    26 May '13 00:08
    how so?
    There's a St George's Cross where your country's flag goes.

So you're from England, typing in English, and your flag has a Christian cross on it.

Somehow I suspect you have some connection to English culture.
  5. 26 May '13 00:14 / 1 edit
    There's a St George's Cross where your country's flag goes.

So you're from England, typing in English, and your flag has a Christian cross on it.

Somehow I suspect you have some connection to English culture.
    does the flag say im proud?

does the flag indicate in anyway how strongly i feel about my nationality?

what flag would somebody in the basque region of spain choose if they joined the site?

you are guessing a lot based on a question i was asked when i joined the site.

if there had been a yorkshire flag, maybe i would have chosen that, but there wasnt so i didnt.
  6. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    26 May '13 00:17 / 1 edit
    does the flag say im proud?

does the flag indicate in anyway how strongly i feel about my nationality?

what flag would somebody in the basque region of spain choose if they joined the site?

you are guessing a lot based on a question i was asked when i joined the site.
    The fact is that the country you live in, the language you type in, the religion symbolized on your flag, represent something real - English culture. That's all.
  7. 26 May '13 00:30 / 1 edit
    Xenophobia is an irrational or unreasoned fear of that which is perceived to be foreign or strange.

Given the weapons of mass destruction that exist, except in Iraq where there never were any, if we do not move on to a higher state of consciousness, we will surely be doomed to extinction as a specie. The cockroach and many other flora and fauna will survive.
  8. 26 May '13 00:41
    The fact is that the country you live in, the language you type in, the religion symbolized on your flag, represent something real - English culture. That's all.
    no, it represents part of english culture.....the flag. english culture is a mish mash of a hundred countries. there is no definitive english culture. its immeasurable.

my family are all born with in the english borders. im from teeside, my wife is a cockney, my kids are yorkshire. ive got scottish, irish and welsh, my wife has german, isreal, south african and south american, many of my friends are muslim and i spent a lot of time hanging out with muslims, my family are mainly christian, im an atheist....i love chinese and japanses food....i listen to mainly american music......i read a lot of foreign books and watch a lot fo foreign movies.......i like yorkshire puddings and chicken for christmas dinner.......my wife doesnt.......

its fine to choose ever decreasing areas for a bit of fun, like supporting your local team, then your country, then your continent. there is no problem in that, accepting that your culture will change is good.its when people attach stupid sentimentality to the point they will get violent over irrational things like what to have for christmas dinner that it becomes a problem.
  9. 26 May '13 00:56

only idiots cling on to cultu ...[text shortened]... past. there is nothing proud about mimicking or sticking to outdated, less civilized ideologies.
    There is clearly advantage to cultures rubbing elbows, trading, exchanging entertainment media, and taking advantage of the advances each has made.

That in no way proves the assertion that old cultures are worthless, or that newer cultures are less civilized. It is the ability of cultures to live close to, and to see and share, without going to war, that creates the beneficial aspects.

There are plenty of idiots in our race who do cling to their culture, and in our wisdom, it is better that we allow them to recognize for themselves the superior elements they wish to adopt.
  10. 26 May '13 01:03
    Originally posted by normbenign
    There is clearly advantage to cultures rubbing elbows, trading, exchanging entertainment media, and taking advantage of the advances each has made.

That in no way proves the assertion that old cultures are worthless, or that newer cultures are less civilized. It is the ability of cultures to live close to, and to see and share, without going to war, ...[text shortened]... better that we allow them to recognize for themselves the superior elements they wish to adopt.
    the biggest benefit which people seem to ignore is genetic diversity. the less similar human genes are the stronger their childrens genes are. we have developed or been designed to spread our genes far. the smaller a culture becomes the more inbred it becomes. hense why the racists southern american rednecks look like a bunch of freaks.
  11. 26 May '13 01:25
    the biggest benefit which people seem to ignore is genetic diversity. the less similar human genes are the stronger their childrens genes are. we have developed or been designed to spread our genes far. the smaller a culture becomes the more inbred it becomes. hense why the racists southern american rednecks look like a bunch of freaks.
    Genetics and culture are totally different. The apparent problems of inbreeding almost totally disappear after the fourth split in the family tree. The Selfish Gene.

You haven't ever visited the Southern States of America, have you?
  12. 26 May '13 11:29
    Genetics and culture are totally different. The apparent problems of inbreeding almost totally disappear after the fourth split in the family tree. The Selfish Gene.

genetics and culture can be tied. if a culture isolates itself for long enough genetic traits become shared and physical attributes can become trademarks of the culture.

ive never been to the southern states....i have seen 'deliverance' though, does that count?
  13. 26 May '13 11:32
    Clinging on to a cultural, national or religious identity is something people do to make up for a lack of character.
  14. 26 May '13 13:51 / 1 edit

This is especially true for us non Africans who all descend from a scarily small group or groups of Africans who migrated out of Africa to populate the rest of the world.

Whoops apologies I answered the wrong post.
  15. 26 May '13 13:53 / 1 edit
    This is especially true for us non Africans who all descend from a scarily small group or groups of Africans who migrated out of Africa to populate the rest of the world.

There that's better.

I can't believe RHP doesn't have a white rose option.