Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 15 Jul '12 22:39
    http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/07/conservative-romney-taxes-returns-hiding-something.php?ref=fpb

"He wants you to show us your papers, but he doesn't want to show his papers."

-Joe Biden to an Hispanic political organization
  2. 16 Jul '12 00:27
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/07/conservative-romney-taxes-returns-hiding-something.php?ref=fpb

"He wants you to show us your papers, but he doesn't want to show his papers."

-Joe Biden to an Hispanic political organization
    Refusing to release is loaded language. As is presuming hiding something is a motive. People asked for and are still waiting for a real birth certificate from the President. Is the fact that he fights this in court, and after three years in office finally released one, that was immediately identified as a forgery, presumptive evidence he is hiding something?

The IRS is and has been a tool for Presidents to get at enemies. Obama and his cohorts can and probably have audited Romney's tax returns, and will use anything that is incriminating.
  3. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    16 Jul '12 00:29
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Refusing to release is loaded language. As is presuming hiding something is a motive. People asked for and are still waiting for a real birth certificate from the President. Is the fact that he fights this in court, and after three years in office finally released one, that was immediately identified as a forgery, presumptive evidence he is hiding some ...[text shortened]... an and probably have audited Romney's tax returns, and will use anything that is incriminating.
  4. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    16 Jul '12 02:17 / 1 edit
    Refusing to release is loaded language. As is presuming hiding something is a motive. People asked for and are still waiting for a real birth certificate from the President. Is the fact that he fights this in court, and after three years in office finally released one, that was immediately identified as a forgery, presumptive evidence he is hiding some ...[text shortened]... an and probably have audited Romney's tax returns, and will use anything that is incriminating.
    Wow, what a post.

Refusing to release is loaded language. As is presuming hiding something is a motive.

I'm sure you feel the same way about Obama's decision to assert executive privelege in Fast and Furious, don't you?

Is the fact that he fights this in court, and after three years in office finally released one, that was immediately identified as a forgery, presumptive evidence he is hiding something?

I'm sure I've asked you this question before, but I'll ask it again: what standard of proof would you personally require before you believed that the president was indeed born in Hawaii? To address initial questions, he released the short-form. Rumors persisted, so he released the long-form. What else would you have him do? If he personally presented you with the actual long-form birth certificate, would that suffice? Would he need to call in forensic experts from around the country? What level of credentials would those experts need to meet your standards? Or perhaps you just feel the need to buy a time machine to go back to 1961 and stand in the Honolulu hospital room to see him emerge from his mother's vagina?
  5. 16 Jul '12 08:22
    Romney's father released returns for ten years when he ran.
  6. 16 Jul '12 19:08
    And now Mitten's pushing the Ketchup Defense. This is getting painful to watch!

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/07/romney-tax-returns-teresa-heinz-kerry.php?ref=fpa
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    16 Jul '12 21:07
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    16 Jul '12 21:08
    Romney's father released returns for ten years when he ran.
    Presidential candidate Romney was born in Mexico!
  9. 16 Jul '12 22:24
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Presidential candidate Romney was born in Mexico!
    Has he proven otherwise?
  10. 17 Jul '12 01:58
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Wow, what a post.

[b]Refusing to release is loaded language. As is presuming hiding something is a motive.

I'm sure you feel the same way about Obama's decision to assert executive privelege in Fast and Furious, don't you?

Is the fact that he fights this in court, and after three years in office finally released one, that was immediately ...[text shortened]... 1961 and stand in the Honolulu hospital room to see him emerge from his mother's vagina?
    "I'm sure you feel the same way about Obama's decision to assert executive privelege in Fast and Furious, don't you?"

Obama previously testified he knew nothing (Sargent Shutzish). Why would he assert executive privilege on something about which he has no knowledge?

The Short form is inadequate, and the long form is a forgery, only released after years of law suits and questions. The questioning of Romney's tax returns and the presumption of guilt is really off the charts silly, considering the deception involving the birth certificate, and for that matter Fast and Furious.

Why should I be concerned about how Romney earns and spends his money, but not concerned about how Obama spends mine, and debases the currency to boot?
  11. 17 Jul '12 03:23
    Fortunately, the independent voters have brains.
  12. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    17 Jul '12 04:22
    And now Mitten's pushing the Ketchup Defense. This is getting painful to watch!

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/07/romney-tax-returns-teresa-heinz-kerry.php?ref=fpa
    Somebody should inform Romney that Kerry and McCain lost.
  13. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    17 Jul '12 16:13
    Fortunately, the independent voters have brains.
    I know you're not going to want to hear this, but most middle of the road voters don't give a damn about Romney's tax returns or Clinton's Whitewater deals or McCain's 7 houses or Obama's birth certificate or any of that crap. They did care about Kerry's swift boat record because issues that impact on patriotism transcend that general principal.

Middle of the road voters want to know what policies the candidates support and what they're going to do to help the country. They care about the candidates' record in public service and their ideas for the future.

All this BS about this candidate's effective tax rate and that candidate's shady business deals from 15 years ago are only good as fodder for cable news shows with nothing else to discuss and red meat for the converted.
  14. 18 Jul '12 04:33
    Originally posted by sh76
    I know you're not going to want to hear this, but most middle of the road voters don't give a damn about Romney's tax returns or Clinton's Whitewater deals or McCain's 7 houses or Obama's birth certificate or any of that crap. They did care about Kerry's swift boat record because issues that impact on patriotism transcend that general principal.

Middle of th ...[text shortened]... der for cable news shows with nothing else to discuss and red meat for the converted.
    I think in many eyes, outsourcing jobs is a patriotic issue. If the economy was doing better, and our manufacturing wasn't being gutted by these business practices, he might slide by. But I think his campaign is on the verge of hemorrhaging right now. Certainly many conservatives think so, including George Will, Bill Kristol, and as of today, National Review. They want him to release his taxes.

The mistake he made was to trumpet the company's success as a personal accomplishment. Now he has to run from it. And it's not going away. The jobs report isn't in the news. Nor Obamacare. Twitter and the other social media are buzzing with it. And Romney's people are in panic mode, getting stupid about their responses.

This is a big deal. It may settle down, but now Bain isn't a feather in his cap anymore. It's a joke at best.

And Rush isn't helping. He said today that he believes that the new Batman movie is part of an anti-Romney plot. The villain's name is Bane. Bane. Bain. Get it?

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/07/limbaugh-new-batman-film-anti-romney-conspiracy

What makes the conspiracy so profound is that the villain was introduced to Batman lore nearly two decades ago (about when Romney was coming into politics, but mysteriously, before he worked at Bain! Bane also made an appearance in the George Clooney Batman movie. Clooney is a liberal activist! Coincidence????
  15. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    18 Jul '12 14:48
    I think in many eyes, outsourcing jobs is a patriotic issue. If the economy was doing better, and our manufacturing wasn't being gutted by these business practices, he might slide by. But I think his campaign is on the verge of hemorrhaging right now. Certainly many conservatives think so, including George Will, Bill Kristol, and as of today, National Revi ...[text shortened]... ce in the George Clooney Batman movie. Clooney is a liberal activist! Coincidence????
    Rush is only relevant to the converted far right who listen to him religiously and the far left who listen to him religiously in order to attack him.

The winner of this election is going to be the candidate who people think will do a better job running the economy. In a better economy, foreign policy would also matter, but the differences in foreign policy between Obama and Romney are small anyway. Healthcare is a big factor also. Record in public service is also a factor.

Nobody cares about the pundit gas.