Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 15:01
    This story and the photo will break your heart.
    It is unbelievable that it's happening today.
    http://www.amren.com/news/2016/03/for-this-6-year-old-the-law-sees-only-race/
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 15:16
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    "amren" in the URL says it all.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 15:24
    Originally posted by JS357
    Yeah you wouldn't want to read it because it's obviously racist being from Amren.
    It's the story of a 6 year old child being taken from her foster parents that are the only family she's ever known because she's got 2% native american blood and she was torn from them to go live with some choctaw family that are no relation at all that she doesn't know in another state because that's the law.
    Next time read it before condemning it dooshbag.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 15:51
    Yeah you wouldn't want to read it because it's obviously racist being from Amren.
    It's the story of a 6 year old child being taken from her foster parents that are the only family she's ever known because she's got 2% native american blood and she was torn from them to go live with some choctaw family that are no relation at all that she doesn't know in another state because that's the law.
    Next time read it before condemning it dooshbag.
    Next time describe it first. And don't call people names if you want them to agree with you.

Maybe you don't.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 16:11
    Next time describe it first. And don't call people names if you want them to agree with you.

Maybe you don't.
    Next time don't dismiss something out of hand without reading it.
    Try to know what you're talking about first.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 16:15
    Next time don't dismiss something out of hand without reading it.
    Try to know what you're talking about first.
    I don't open things that aren't described. I'm not the only one like that here. Just know that.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 16:22
    I don't open things that aren't described. I'm not the only one like that here. Just know that.
    Well now that it's been described have you read the article?
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 16:45
    Well now that it's been described have you read the article?
    Yes and I googled on the foster parents' name and found

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/parents-plead-return-1-64-choctaw-native-american-foster-child-n546021

which as a source does not raise warning signals for me, like amren does.

That NBC report adds one interesting thing: "The Utah couple is not Native American, the documents said."

Apparently this isn't over.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 17:01
    Sorry, but that reveals a bigotry I never thought you capable of.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 17:12
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Sorry, but that reveals a bigotry I never thought you capable of.
    Even someone who relies on amren for news would be wise to cross-reference to an additional, less controversial source, in a post to this forum.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 17:21
    Even someone who relies on amren for news would be wise to cross-reference to an additional, less controversial source, in a post to this forum.
    I've not always agreed with American Renaissance on its policy, but have found its news generally reliable. Condemning this story based on its source, despite its apparent truthfulness, disregards the obvious alternative course of searching for an alternative source with countervailing facts.

It is a lazy retort. The opposing views in this forum can oppose it based on its logic or its truthfulness, but not on where it is printed. I see lots of references to pure left wing garbage bins, which can't be just dismissed, but need to be argued against and taken apart logically, and with facts, not just condemnation of the source.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 17:52
    Amren's articles are from regular news sources for the most part, it's not like reading The Stormtrooper, they just repost what's happening around the world from various main stream media sources that don't see the light of day beyond their immediate news area.
    Anyway can we please get back to the plight of this poor little girl and her foster family? They are going through hell because of some screwy law and it ain't right. It's an abomination.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 20:15
    Amren's articles are from regular news sources for the most part, it's not like reading The Stormtrooper, they just repost what's happening around the world from various main stream media sources that don't see the light of day beyond their immediate news area.
    Anyway can we please get back to the plight of this poor little girl and her foster family? They are going through hell because of some screwy law and it ain't right. It's an abomination.
    OK.

I was off base. I will rethink my attitude about amren. Also I note that the byline is the Wall Sreet Journal.

I feel sorry for them. I am of course working from information that is incomplete. I don't understand the NBC site report that the couple she went to were not Native American, and I don't understand why there is no report of a foster parent services review of the quality of her upbringing.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 20:351 edit
    OK.

I was off base. I will rethink my attitude about amren. Also I note that the byline is the Wall Sreet Journal.

I feel sorry for them. I am of course working from information that is incomplete. I don't understand the NBC site report that the couple she went to were not Native American, and I don't understand why there is no report of a foster parent services review of the quality of her upbringing.
    I think it mentions that the STEP- grandfather of the family they sent her to is the native american connection, which is really sick.
    By the way that was very big of you to say you'd rethink your opinion of Amren.
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    28 Mar '16 21:31
    Foster parents in most countries have no rights over children and family are
    always given precedence. I personally don't agree with it but the overwhelming
    statistical evidence is that children thrive better with their biological families ...
    even when that family situation is not ideal.

I think the difference in race is a red-herring.