Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 02 Sep '14 21:16
    Wasn't Foley beheaded by some guy that spoke English with a British accent? Was he ever identified?

Why don't people question the reports that the Islamic State (as they call it) are beheading people? How do we know that the British are not beheading people and blaming the Islamic State as propaganda to get support for military action?

All of the youtube videos that supposedly show a fake video of some sort are censored and I have not seen any of them. I can't say if they were fake or not because youtube will not let us see them to at least some extent.

Where is the skepticism? Why the youtube censors and is there another way to access these alleged fake videos?

Let's have a good discussion about this. Going to war is serious business. All things should be considered.
  2. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    02 Sep '14 22:02
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Wasn't Foley beheaded by some guy that spoke English with a British accent? Was he ever identified?

Why don't people question the reports that the Islamic State (as they call it) are beheading people? How do we know that the British are not beheading people and blaming the Islamic State as propaganda to get support for military action?

All of the ...[text shortened]... a good discussion about this. Going to war is serious business. All things should be considered.
    So the British government are faking the beheadings of American citizens to foster support for what exactly?
  3. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    02 Sep '14 22:18
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    So the British government are faking the beheadings of American citizens to foster support for what exactly?
    Probably because he knew the Moon landings were faked or because he killed JFK.
  4. 02 Sep '14 23:34 / 1 edit

All of the ...[text shortened]... a good discussion about this. Going to war is serious business. All things should be considered.
    How do we know they are British fakers? Maybe they are ISIS beheader fakers, faking British accents. The Swedes are really the fakers. No, wait, maybe it's Germans faking being Swedes faking being British faking being ISIS. No, wait... It's the... the... aawwrk! (JS must have been getting close. Or he's faking it.)
  5. 02 Sep '14 23:45 / 2 edits

The problem is that many of the outlets that IS have allegedly used to portray their ideology have been closed down to them, facebook accounts, twitter (never understood the appeal of this myself), youtube etc etc, so you are correct up until a point, its extremely difficult not simply to verify if the information is accurate but to actually view the alleged beheading. Normally i don't watch them anyway after suffering some trauma after watching some dudes beheading in Iraq, but you are correct, its nigh impossible to verify.

Did you see the Foley video? I did not and cannot say with any certainty what transpired. I just watched the BBC video, it showed nothing and claimed that it contained some disturbing images. Typical BBC hypocrisy, where was the disturbing images of the 2000 civilians killed by the IDF in Gaza, little kids paralysed, no legs, arms etc Man I loathe the BBC.
  6. 02 Sep '14 23:52
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The problem is that many of the outlets that IS have allegedly used to portray their ideology have been closed down to them, facebook accounts, twitter (never understood the appeal of this myself), youtube etc etc, so you are correct up until a point, its extremely difficult not simply to verify if the information is accurate but to actually view the ...[text shortened]... y.

Did you see the Foley video? I did not and cannot say with any certainty what transpired.
    What would you regard as definite proof that there is no fakery going on?
  7. 02 Sep '14 23:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The problem is that many of the outlets that IS have allegedly used to portray their ideology have been closed down to them, facebook accounts, twitter (never understood the appeal of this myself), youtube etc etc, so you are correct up until a point, its extremely difficult not simply to verify if the information is accurate but to actually view the ...[text shortened]... lians killed by the IDF in Gaza, little kids paralysed, no legs, arms etc Man I loathe the BBC.
    Tell me about it.

Every time I want to post on these threads I have to lob off some unsuspecting poor chaps head.

It's a real time waster.
  8. 02 Sep '14 23:54
    Originally posted by sh76
    Probably because he knew the Moon landings were faked or because he killed JFK.
    Don't listen to sh. He is part of the Zionist conspiracy that made up the Holocaust.

Sorry to rat you out sh, but the truth would have come out sooner or later.
  9. 02 Sep '14 23:55

I always thought that they were Muslim extremists pretending to be British agents who were pretending to be Muslim extremists.
  10. 03 Sep '14 00:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by JS357
    What would you regard as definite proof that there is no fakery going on?
    Any proof would do, try getting a link to the actual alleged footage, its nigh impossible.
  11. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    03 Sep '14 01:01 / 1 edit

Youtube banned it after it was determined that it could be real. There is also a second video of another beheading of a different American Journalist by who appears to be the same ISIS terrorist with the London accent. It looks like we may have a serial beheader on the loose. Be on guard for your head.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2740998/ISIS-release-video-showing-beheading-American-journalist-Steven-Sotloff.html
  12. 03 Sep '14 01:08
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Youtube banned it after it was determined that it could be real. There is also a second video of another beheading of a different American Journalist by who appears to be the same ISIS terrorist with the London accent. It looks like we may have a serial beheader on the loose. Be on guard for your head.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2740998/ISIS-release-video-showing-beheading-American-journalist-Steven-Sotloff.html
    What does a metal brain have to fear?
  13. 03 Sep '14 01:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    What does a metal brain have to fear?
    It's obviously simply Zionist propaganda designed to turn the Western world against the Jihadists.
  14. 03 Sep '14 01:29
    Originally posted by Eladar
    It's obviously simply Zionist propaganda designed to turn the Western world against the Jihadists.
    He know far too much.
  15. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    03 Sep '14 02:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Are you trying to sound like finnegan and Duchess64 now? It is a very good impersonation.