Debates Forum

1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 12:53
    @entropysail said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

I was requested to consider humanity above my sexuality so I gave Suzianne the same opportunity to perceive intent.
    Why are you speaking to him?

He hasn't posted in this thread.

On the other hand, I have, so I'd appreciate it, if you have anything to say to me, you say it to ME.

So far, this thread is nothing but non sequiturs from you.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 14:27
    @suzianne said
    Why are you speaking to him?

He hasn't posted in this thread.

On the other hand, I have, so I'd appreciate it, if you have anything to say to me, you say it to ME.

So far, this thread is nothing but non sequiturs from you.
    I think posts by Duchess and myself vanished due to replying to a subsequently removed post.
  3. Albion
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 14:391 edit
    @Suzianne

Okay. I recognise that a female member of this site would either receive heckling or misplaced intent in a male dominated community. I hoped to elucidate that this is driven, at least, in part by homosexual interjection which drives anger between both parties to better cover their own shame of missing out. It would be nice to have more female players. Also you are brave if you are, indeed, a female player.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 19:05
    @entropysail said
    @Suzianne

Okay. I recognise that a female member of this site would either receive heckling or misplaced intent in a male dominated community. I hoped to elucidate that this is driven, at least, in part by homosexual interjection which drives anger between both parties to better cover their own shame of missing out. It would be nice to have more female players. Also you are brave if you are, indeed, a female player.
    Why are you harping on this non-issue? There is no evidence of male users bullying female users on RHP forums.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 19:52
    @entropysail said
    @Suzianne

The 'brave' thing is a bit weird, to be honest.

I genuinely can't think of a weak female poster in these forums or anyone who is missing out as a result of their gender. Where does the 'bravery' come into play?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 20:211 edit
    @entropysail said
    @Suzianne

I'd call that "damning with faint praise".

And besides, actual homosexual men are among the last of society to heckle women. I don't see how you get this line of thinking you display.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 20:24
    @handyandy said
    Why are you harping on this non-issue? There is no evidence of male users bullying female users on RHP forums.
    Not any more, at least. And not out loud, anyways.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 20:25
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I think posts by Duchess and myself vanished due to replying to a subsequently removed post.
    I wish this was made more clear.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 20:36
    @suzianne said
    I think it might be a bug. (I've noticed that posts that follow an alerted post also get alerted themselves, if they have responded to the alerted post).
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 20:531 edit
    @mchill said
    Why are you calling me a troll?

Relax - Duchess call all white males racist, sexist trolls at one time or other, they all have abysmal reading comprehension as well. In the world of Duchess, only she is intelligent and incapable of bigotry (despite her obvious bigotry against white males)

So consider yourself in distinguished company. 🙂
    (Mchill wrote in support of Entropysail.)

In fact, Entropysail made an unprovoked comment (which RHP has deleted) about Suzianne's 'tits' to her.
    I regarded that as Entropysail trolling Suzianne. As always, Mchill prefers to attack me.

Evidently, the lying troll Mchill approves of Entropysail's writing about Suzianne's 'tits'.
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 20:58
    @suzianne said
    Entropysail wrote a post (which RHP has deleted) remarking on Suzianne's 'tits' (a quote).
    I criticized Entropysail for trolling. The troll Mchill attacked me and defended Entropysail.
  12. Zugzwang
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 21:02
    @suzianne said
    Not any more, at least. And not out loud, anyways.
    (Suzianne replied to HandyAndy.)

Some women have told me that they also have noticed a record of some women
    being harassed, bullied, or 'stalked' by some men in the RHP forums.
    Even some men have said or implied that they have noticed it too.

At a website apparently dominated by men, it would be miraculous if sexism were not common.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 21:421 edit
    @duchess64 said
    (Suzianne replied to HandyAndy.)

Some women have told me that they also have noticed a record of some women
    being harassed, bullied, or 'stalked' by some men in the RHP forums.
    Even some men have said or implied that they have noticed it too.

At a website apparently dominated by men, it would be miraculous if sexism were not common.
    Yes, well, I know as well as you do that if one is a member of a privleged group, then they are less likely to see harassment of another, less privileged group. I didn't say unlikely, I said less likely. It just doesn't affect them unless they make an effort to understand.

That being said, the situation here with misogyny is better than it used to be. It was horrible before, and blatantly so. Those who continue with it now do tend to 'tone it down' a bit.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Feb '19 21:48
    @duchess64 said
    Entropysail wrote a post (which RHP has deleted) remarking on Suzianne's 'tits' (a quote).
    I criticized Entropysail for trolling. The troll Mchill attacked me and defended Entropysail.
    He should be glad I didn't see it.

In fact, I'm glad I didn't see it.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    07 Feb '19 15:53
    @suzianne said
    Yes, well, I know as well as you do that if one is a member of a privleged group, then they are less likely to see harassment of another, less privileged group. I didn't say unlikely, I said less likely. It just doesn't affect them unless they make an effort to understand.

That being said, the situation here with misogyny is better than it used to be. It was horrible before, and blatantly so. Those who continue with it now do tend to 'tone it down' a bit.
    Glad to hear you feel the situation has improved.

I concede, that as a male, I am probably less alert to such things, but wonder what would happen if this website were in fact dominated by women. Would it also be 'miraculous if sexism were not common'?