Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 17:282 edits
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/california-family-booed-flight-bringing-home-soldier-killed-afghanistan-dad/

STOCKTON, Calif. -- The father of a slain Northern California soldier said his family was booed on the flight to bring his son’s body home from Afghanistan, CBS Sacramento station KOVR-TV reports.

Sgt. John Perry was killed on Saturday in Afghanistan by a suicide bomber.

His father, Stewart Perry, mourned the loss of his son at a service on Thursday.

“Most importantly, I want people to know about the heroic thing that my son did,” he said.

His son stumbled on the suicide bomber before he could reach his target, a soldiers’ 5K Veterans Day run.

“He would have killed possibly 100, 200, who knows?” Perry said.

Perry said his son’s death comes comes at a time military service is facing disrespect. He said his family was even booed on the flight to bring his son’s body home over a delay.

“To hear the reaction of the flight being delayed because of a Gold Star family and the first class cabin booing, that was really upsetting, and it made us cry some more,” he said.

Perry said his son’s death also underscores why the American flag is sacred for service members, not just a symbol for protest.

“It’s not for protest - it’s for the death of the people that are saving us. That’s what it’s for,” he said.

He also called out recent presidential campaign rhetoric, including President-elect Donald Trump’s remarks about the Khan family.

“One example would be Donald Trump speaking badly about a Gold Star family, who I now am, and it really bothers me, but it also bothers me that people don’t want to talk about the terrorism that killed my kid,” he said.

A soldier’s death defending his country has left a father defending his son.

“My kid was over there to help put a stop to this garbage, and he died,” he said.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 17:321 edit
    Californians elected Obama to send this soldier to die over seas and they boo him when he comes home in a body bag?

Really?

I saw a thread about California wanting to leave the union.

Please do.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 18:17
    Is there something you'd like to discuss or debate?
  4. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 18:186 edits
    First off, I do not believe him. No proof, no video, or witnesses. I have not seen any disrespect to our military service members other than from the worthless Donald Trump. You know, the one who said John McCain was not a war hero because he got shot down and captured. I can only assume what he thinks of those who were killed in battle. You know the one who disrespected the Gold Star family. I helped elect Obama and I have total respect for our military service members and police. You want California to leave the union for some idiots flying from Afghanistan to California? How do you know whether they were from California or Afghanistan? Who the hell wants to take a trip from America to a war zone in Afghanistan whom we are at war with? Your anti-progressive Democratic BS has gotten disgusting. If you want those who disrespect our military members to leave America, then start with our worthless President elect the orange Dump; whom we have all the proof in the world of what he has actually said against our military war heroes.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 18:49
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    First off, I do not believe him. No proof, no video, or witnesses. I have not seen any disrespect to our military service members other than from the worthless Donald Trump. You know, the one who said John McCain was not a war hero because he got shot down and captured. I can only assume what he thinks of those who were killed in battle. You know t ...[text shortened]... we have all the proof in the world of what he has actually said against our military war heroes.
    Well I do believe him, partly because I understand the twisted mind of a liberal, and because he attacked Trump for also going after the Kahn family.

There is never enough proof in this world for you to admit you might be apart of something politically horrific, is there?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 18:49
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The price of tea in china.

That's C-H-I-N-A!!!!!
  7. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 18:552 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well I do believe him, partly because I understand the twisted mind of a liberal, and because he attacked Trump for also going after the Kahn family.

There is never enough proof in this world for you to admit you might be apart of something politically horrific, is there?
    I am not part of anything politically horrific, other than I live in a country were almost half the nation voted for someone who disrespects our war heroes; not to mention everything else that's disgusting about that orange piece of scum. Now that is politically horrific! And, it shows you who who the real twisted minds are. BTW, I am not a liberal. However, you can call me one if you wish. Much better people than most conservatives.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 19:39

What would you say is "politically horrific" and how does it relate to the story in the OP or the contributor you were responding to?
  9. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 20:216 edits
    Turns out that it was passengers in first class that booed the pilot of the plane when he asked them to remain seated so this military family could exit the plane first to catch their connecting flight. Nothing was said about their hero son being dead, or that they were on their way to collect the remains of their fallen son. The pilot only mentioned that they were a military family and to remain seated until they exited the plane first. The first class passengers then booed the PILOT of the plane, NOT the Gold Star family or their hero son. I suggest getting your facts straight before posting these kind of BS lies and false witness. So I was correct, the father was NOT telling the truth in the interview!!! http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gold-star-family-of-slain-calif-soldier-booed-on-flight/ar-AAkvERn?li=BBnbcA1 I actually wonder how many of those in first class were actually liberals. Is it not usually wealthy conservatives as you that fly first class?? LOL
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 20:37
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I don't think you understand how Whodey works; it's copy and paste conservative talking point, end post with Republican propaganda. Repeat.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 20:381 edit
    I suggest getting your facts straight before posting these kind of BS lies and false witness.
    Whodey always gets his facts straight and then deliberately lies about them. If he was just randomly posting he would at least tell the truth occasionally, but his near 100% miss rate makes it clear that he deliberately lies every single time. What I am yet to figure out is why, as he even does it when there is no apparent reason to do so for his political view point to be supported.
    I suspect he is paid to do it as part of the successful republican campaign to convince people that truth doesn't exist.
  12. SubscriberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 21:00
    Californians elected Obama to send this soldier to die over seas and they boo him when he comes home in a body bag?

Really?

I saw a thread about California wanting to leave the union.

Please do.
    Californians elected Obama to send this soldier to die over seas I guess you forgot that it was Bush the conservative Republican that started that war 15 years ago, long before Obama. What a dumb arse statement.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 22:09
    Turns out that it was passengers in first class that booed the pilot of the plane when he asked them to remain seated so this military family could exit the plane first to catch their connecting flight. Nothing was said about their hero son being dead, or that they were on their way to collect the remains of their fallen son. The pilot only mentioned ...[text shortened]... e actually liberals. Is it not usually wealthy conservatives as you that fly first class?? LOL
    First of all, Yahoo news is hardly a right wing news source.

Second of all, this is a quote from the article you gave:

So, when the plane landed in Phoenix, the captain made an announcement for all passengers to remain seated and to let a "special military family" exit the aircraft first, Perry said.

Several passengers in first class began to boo and complain, Perry said.

You can spin this anyway you wish, and no doubt you will, but it is pretty evident to me as well as the father of the dead soldier as to what was going on.
  14. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 22:101 edit
    [b]Californians elected Obama to send this soldier to die over seas I guess you forgot that it was Bush the conservative Republican that started that war 15 years ago, long before Obama. What a dumb arse statement.[/b]
    To be fair, Obama campaigned on and quickly ordered a large "surge" in US troops going to Afghanistan.http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-nine-surges-of-obamas-war/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/jul/15/barackobama.usa1
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '16 22:112 edits
    [b]Californians elected Obama to send this soldier to die over seas I guess you forgot that it was Bush the conservative Republican that started that war 15 years ago, long before Obama. What a dumb arse statement.[/b]
    Obama promised to bring the soldiers home, which he ended up not doing. He lied. Obama also escalated the war and is currently the President.

So continue to blame Bush, it's truly comical.

And no, Bush is no conservative