Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 16 May '17 18:10
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/08/epa-board-scientific-scott-pruitt-climate-change

    while laughing our asses off at Trump's stupidity, hypocrisy, ego, etc we forget the instances where americans being stupid and gullible and electing that baboon has a direct effect on the rest of the planet.

    Having industry officials control the agency that is supposed to regulate said industries is equivalent to getting wolves to be sheep dogs or foxes guarding the chicken coop. It is outrageous but hardly surprising. The instant Pruit was picked for that position it became clear what was going to happen.
  2. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    17 May '17 00:29
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/08/epa-board-scientific-scott-pruitt-climate-change

    while laughing our asses off at Trump's stupidity, hypocrisy, ego, etc we forget the instances where americans being stupid and gullible and electing that baboon has a direct effect on the rest of the planet.

    Having industry officials control the agency t ...[text shortened]... rising. The instant Pruit was picked for that position it became clear what was going to happen.
    Thumbs down, thumbs up, what a dilemma.
    Thumbs up, zahlanzi accidentally posted some good news, or thumbs down he was actually doing to be a whiny bytch.

    I'm feeling generous z, take your thumbs up.
  3. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    17 May '17 15:37
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Thumbs down, thumbs up, what a dilemma.
    Thumbs up, zahlanzi accidentally posted some good news, or thumbs down he was actually doing to be a whiny bytch.

    I'm feeling generous z, take your thumbs up.
    That you consider this "good news" says all anyone needs to know.

    You guys aren't even trying to hide stuff like this anymore, are you?

    Funny, but I don't remember Steve Bannon winning any election. He's already said that his aim is to "deconstruct government". Well, he's already gotten Trump to place billionaires in the Cabinet who don't even believe in the main function of their Departments. DeVos, Pruitt, and Perry leap to mind. And the media has already forgotten that one of Trump's first EO's was for every Department to remove two rules for every new rule put in place. This clearly delineates Bannon's aim to deconstruct government, but it slid through under the radar because this was signed the same day as Trump's first Muslim ban.

    Leave the Yam. Take the Anarchist.
  4. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    18 May '17 02:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    That you consider this "good news" says all anyone needs to know.

    You guys aren't even trying to hide stuff like this anymore, are you?

    Funny, but I don't remember Steve Bannon winning any election. He's already said that his aim is to "deconstruct government". Well, he's already gotten Trump to place billionaires in the Cabinet who don't even belie ...[text shortened]... this was signed the same day as Trump's first Muslim ban.

    Leave the Yam. Take the Anarchist.
    Check the thumbs Suzi, two people agree with me that zahlazi is a whiny bytch, and five agree with me that he accidentally posted some good news.
  5. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    18 May '17 02:36
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Check the thumbs Suzi, two people agree with me that zahlazi is a whiny bytch, and five agree with me that he accidentally posted some good news.
    I've never really believed in argumentum ad populum, but I can certainly see why Randians such as yourself might attempt to do so.
  6. 18 May '17 02:48
    Originally posted by Suzianne to Wajoma
    I've never really believed in argumentum ad populum, but I can certainly see why Randians such as yourself might attempt to do so.
    That's funny coming from someone who boasted about the number of people in the 2017 women's march in Washington D.C.
    Suzianne apparently also wanted to let white women--the majority--decide if there's any racism in White Feminism.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_feminism

    "White feminism is a form of feminism that focus on the struggles of well-off white women while failing
    to address the distinct forms of oppression faced by women of colour and women lacking other privileges."
  7. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    18 May '17 03:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I've never really believed in argumentum ad populum, but I can certainly see why Randians such as yourself might attempt to do so.
    You're saying objectivism is popular Suzi. That's great news...

    ...if it were true.

    (Suzi puts a bullet in her own foot)