Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 22 Jun '13 21:00
    Sean Hannity Then and Now.

Check out this video of Sean Hannity supporting the NSA surveillance under Bush and lambasting Democrats as a threat to national security for wanting to discontinue the surveillance, and then completely changing his tune when Obama is President. A total hack just like Sasquatch.

See the video for yourself and make your own judgment.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/06/12/sean-hannity-on-nsa-surveillance-then-and-now/194437
  2. 22 Jun '13 22:01
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Sean Hannity Then and Now.

Check out this video of Sean Hannity supporting the NSA surveillance under Bush and lambasting Democrats as a threat to national security for wanting to discontinue the surveillance, and then completely changing his tune when Obama is President. A total hack just like Sasquatch.

See the video for yourself and make your own ...[text shortened]...

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/06/12/sean-hannity-on-nsa-surveillance-then-and-now/194437
    He certainly is not as entertaining as Chris Matthews, that's for sure.
  3. 23 Jun '13 00:39 / 4 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    He certainly is not as entertaining as Chris Matthews, that's for sure.
    What did you think about the substance of Hannity's comments in the video? You agree with Hannity on immigration reform, but what about his comments back in 2006 regarding NSA surveillance?

Sean Hannity sure has changed his tune. (Hannity reminds me of Sasquatch.) Last Monday Hannity lashed into the Obama administration over the revelations of widespread Internet and phone surveillance by the National Security Agency, warning that "anarchy and tyranny will follow."

But back in 2006, when a similar NSA spying scandal was unearthed during President George W. Bush's administration, Hannity wasn't so concerned. He came out as a staunch defender of the NSA then, saying it was "staggering to me we are even debating the use of these techniques in this country even at this time."

Check out the video and see for yourself. Faux News at its finest.
  4. 23 Jun '13 00:53
    What did you think about the substance of Hannity's comments in the video? You agree with Hannity on immigration reform, but what about his comments back in 2006 regarding NSA surveillance?

Sean Hannity sure has changed his tune. (Hannity reminds me of Sasquatch.) Last Monday Hannity lashed into the Obama administration over the revelations of widespre ...[text shortened]... ven at this time."

But back in 2006, when a similar NSA spying scandal was unearthed during President George W. Bush's administration, -daffy duck

A "similar" one or a less intrusive one ? Be more specific. Has it been amped up under the Obama regime or is the same as when Bush was in there ? Just curious on your thoughts.
  5. 23 Jun '13 01:15
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    But back in 2006, when a similar NSA spying scandal was unearthed during President George W. Bush's administration, -daffy duck

A "similar" one or a less intrusive one ? Be more specific. Has it been amped up under the Obama regime or is the same as when Bush was in there ? Just curious on your thoughts.
    Same, except that the Obama Administration has been more transparent. Yet, again, Obama continued the identical surveillance started under Bush and in which Hannity praised in 2006.

George W. Bush’s NSA director Michael Hayden praises Obama

Gen. Michael Hayden, former National Security Agency Director under George W. Bush, praised the Obama administration’s transparency regarding the NSA’s surveillance of phone records.

“The Obama administration was more transparent .. than we were in the Bush administration,” Hayden told CNN’s Jake Tapper on Wednesday. “They made this metadata collection activity available to all the members of Congress, not just all the members of the intelligence committees.

Hayden’s comments come after current NSA Director Keith Alexander defended the NSA program in a Senate Appropriations Committee earlier in the day, saying that it has prevented “dozens of terrorist events” [and led to arrests of terrorists].

Hayden said the same was true during his time at the NSA.

“We did have a whole series of intelligence reports that came out of that program that would not otherwise have been available,” Hayden said of what is now called the Terrorist Surveillance Program, the equivalent policy during his tenure.

Hayden went on to criticize leaker Edward Snowden . . .

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/george-w-bushs-nsa-director-michael-hayden-praises-obama-92686.html?hp=r2
  6. 23 Jun '13 01:37 / 1 edit
    Same, except that the Obama Administration has been more transparent. Yet, again, Obama continued the identical surveillance started under Bush and in which Hannity praised in 2006.

[quote][b]George W. Bush’s NSA director Michael Hayden praises Obama

Gen. Michael Hayden, former National Security Agency Director under George W. Bush, praised the O ...[text shortened]... tico.com/story/2013/06/george-w-bushs-nsa-director-michael-hayden-praises-obama-92686.html?hp=r2[/b]
    LMAO!!! The Obama Administration and transparent in the same sentence?!
    Thanks alot ! I nearly choked to death and then spit beer all over my keyboard and screen !
  7. 23 Jun '13 01:51 / 1 edit
    Thanks alot ! I nearly choked to death and then spit beer all over my keyboard and screen !
    Are you laughing at the General?
    Gen. Michael Hayden, former National Security Agency Director under George W. Bush, praised the Obama administration’s transparency regarding the NSA’s surveillance of phone records.

“The Obama administration was more transparent .. than we were in the Bush administration,” Hayden told CNN’s Jake Tapper on Wednesday. “They made this metadata collection activity available to all the members of Congress, not just all the members of the intelligence committees.
  8. 23 Jun '13 02:15

Sean Hannity sure has changed his tune. (Hannity reminds me of Sasquatch.) Last Monday Hannity lashed into the Obama administration over the revelations of widespre ...[text shortened]... ven at this time."

I personally can't stand to watch Hannity. He is a partisan hack. So what? So are the majority if not all talking heads in the media.

And in case you had not noticed, both parties agree wholeheartedly about the fascist oversight of the press and all manner of communication.
  9. 23 Jun '13 02:18
    Moon must have it black and white. One side is all evil while the other angelic hosts of heaven. It is the only way he can successfully turn over his soul to the DNC with a clear conscience.

Then you have people like me who see the sh## that goes on in each party and can't decide if I will ever vote again.

Which is better? I dunno, it's not like either of us amount to a hill of beans.
  10. 23 Jun '13 02:28 / 1 edit
    Moon must have it black and white. One side is all evil while the other angelic hosts of heaven. It is the only way he can successfully turn over his soul to the DNC with a clear conscience.

Then you have people like me who see the sh## that goes on in each party and can't decide if I will ever vote again.

one thumb up thingy from me whodey
  11. Standard member empovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    23 Jun '13 10:52

we really need to consider expanding the two party system

or at least include them in the presidential debates
    the last one on c-span was pretty sad - hardly any coverage of the 3rd parties

why should dems and reps take in all the spot light? i want to see more options!
  12. 23 Jun '13 11:15
    Same, except that the Obama Administration has been more transparent. - moon1969

Obamas first act was to seal his own records, thats how transparent he is. Faux news for the fascist and the other government controlled media news outlets like CNN that tickle the ears of the commie don't mention this.
  13. 23 Jun '13 20:33 / 2 edits
    I personally can't stand to watch Hannity. He is a partisan hack.
    I could not agree more. I would add that it is hard to even look at the guy, and that he is incredibly unAmerican. Faux News will go down in history as the most unAmerican media outlet by far, a media organization willing to hurt America and American families by spewing lies and distortions, the intensity and blatancy that has never been seen before with a major news outlet.
  14. 23 Jun '13 20:37
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Same, except that the Obama Administration has been more transparent. - moon1969

Obamas first act was to seal his own records, thats how transparent he is. Faux news for the fascist and the other government controlled media news outlets like CNN that tickle the ears of the commie don't mention this.
    So you disagree with the General?

15. 25 Jun '13 16:38
    So you disagree with the General?
    Gen. Michael Hayden, former National Security Agency Director under George W. Bush, praised the Obama administration’s [b]transparency regarding the NSA’s surveillance of phone records.

“The Obama administration was more transparent .. than we were in the Bush administration,” Hayden told CNN’s Jake ...[text shortened]... to all the members of Congress, not just all the members of the intelligence committees.
    [/b]
    It doesn't matter what a general has to say. They are puppets of puppets. Obama just carries out the NWO agenda as Bush did. The next will do the same. There really is little transparency except for what they want you to know. That is until Snowden fudged it up for em.