Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    18 Dec '17 13:49
    YouTube

    A short piece by Jim Jeffries, mocking americans who can't admit they want guns because they like them. A fun activity of shooting various guns at a gun range, while supervised by a member of Seal team 6.

    Jim Jeffries (slightly paraphrased): "Here is my takeaway: guns are fun! I get it! I had a great time shooting and i probably will do it again, but at a shooting range. Where it's safe. Formula 1 cars are fun but i don't need to race one to the grocery store. Bears are fun to look at at the zoo, but i don't want my neighbour stockpiling them even if he does believe in his right to bear...s. You can buy that online with one click, do you really need a .50 caliber sniper rifle that can shoot 2 km away to protect your family? Why stop there, fill your yard with land mines, build a moat, drop tar on intruders, where is your catapult? If you done that, congratulations, you did a wonderful job protecting your family. If not, admit it, you just bough a gun because you think it is cool."
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    18 Dec '17 13:52
    On a side note and unrelated to the subject, no, i don't think Jim Jefferies managed to explode his watermelon with a .50 cal sniper on his first try while a seal didn't 😀
  3. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Joined
    09 Oct '04
    Moves
    82300
    18 Dec '17 14:47
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    On a side note and unrelated to the subject, no, i don't think Jim Jefferies managed to explode his watermelon with a .50 cal sniper on his first try while a seal didn't 😀
    As someone intimately associated with the mind of Jim, if only more of youse could see it our way, you all will eventually enjoy all the benefits of being Australian!!
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81438
    18 Dec '17 14:54
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFgCXeqa7YM

    A short piece by Jim Jeffries, mocking americans who can't admit they want guns because they like them. A fun activity of shooting various guns at a gun range, while supervised by a member of Seal team 6.

    Jim Jeffries (slightly paraphrased): "Here is my takeaway: guns are fun! I get it! I had a great time ...[text shortened]... ob protecting your family. If not, admit it, you just bough a gun because you think it is cool."
    where in the constitution is cars and bears addressed?
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81438
    18 Dec '17 14:55
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    On a side note and unrelated to the subject, no, i don't think Jim Jefferies managed to explode his watermelon with a .50 cal sniper on his first try while a seal didn't 😀
    you disparage a seal team member? You might want to research how Bin Laden was taken out...and no it wasn't Obama!
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    18 Dec '17 15:16
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    where in the constitution is cars and bears addressed?
    where in the constitution are AR-15, sniper rifles or flame throwers addressed? Are you so dumb and deluded to think that Ben Franklin would do anything but crap his pants if you told him 200 years into the future you would invent a rifle that can shoot 30 rounds, one after another, with terrifying precision and reload in under 2 seconds, and let everyone buy it, along with as much ammo as you want?

    Don't answer this, it is a rhetorical question. I know you are this dumb, because you also forget the second amendment specifically mentions the term "well regulated militia" as a condition to bearing arms and you also forget it's called an "AMENDMENT", something that can be added to the constitution when you need them (proven by the fact that not all amendments were established right then, but over the years) and taken out when it no longer suits it's purpose (like you did already with other amendments).
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    18 Dec '17 15:17
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    you disparage a seal team member? You might want to research how Bin Laden was taken out...and no it wasn't Obama!
    learn to read words and understand their meaning.
  8. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Joined
    09 Oct '04
    Moves
    82300
    18 Dec '17 15:24
    I'm all with shooting zombie Bin Laden or dressing like a Watermelon.
  9. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    18 Dec '17 15:30
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    you disparage a seal team member? You might want to research how Bin Laden was taken out...and no it wasn't Obama!
    You know SEAL team 6 murdered an Army Ranger in Africa recently right?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    18 Dec '17 15:50
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFgCXeqa7YM

    A short piece by Jim Jeffries, mocking americans who can't admit they want guns because they like them. A fun activity of shooting various guns at a gun range, while supervised by a member of Seal team 6.

    Jim Jeffries (slightly paraphrased): "Here is my takeaway: guns are fun! I get it! I had a great time ...[text shortened]... ob protecting your family. If not, admit it, you just bough a gun because you think it is cool."
    Americans should know better than to play with their guns or they will go blind.
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81438
    18 Dec '17 15:53
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    You know SEAL team 6 murdered an Army Ranger in Africa recently right?
    Ummm no...when was the conviction?
  12. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Joined
    09 Oct '04
    Moves
    82300
    18 Dec '17 15:55
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    you disparage a seal team member? You might want to research how Bin Laden was taken out...and no it wasn't Obama!
    Maybe your predisposition makes you shoot first and ask questions later. Maybe your rush to judgement, scanning for key words and being triggered by them, leads to your inevitable misinterpretation of what's been written. .Either way, watching you effectively sabotage your own credibility, while fun, becomes a sad indictment of the state of affairs in your country because unfortunately your thoughts are echoed by millions in the comments section of any news web page, producing an odd mix of self parody and dire prophecy all at the same time.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    18 Dec '17 16:28
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFgCXeqa7YM

    A short piece by Jim Jeffries, mocking americans who can't admit they want guns because they like them. A fun activity of shooting various guns at a gun range, while supervised by a member of Seal team 6.

    Jim Jeffries (slightly paraphrased): "Here is my takeaway: guns are fun! I get it! I had a great time ...[text shortened]... ob protecting your family. If not, admit it, you just bough a gun because you think it is cool."
    From the title of the thread I thought you were going to tell us about your new size 46 pants.
  14. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65545
    19 Dec '17 11:01
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFgCXeqa7YM

    A short piece by Jim Jeffries, mocking americans who can't admit they want guns because they like them. A fun activity of shooting various guns at a gun range, while supervised by a member of Seal team 6.

    Jim Jeffries (slightly paraphrased): "Here is my takeaway: guns are fun! I get it! I had a great time ...[text shortened]... ob protecting your family. If not, admit it, you just bough a gun because you think it is cool."
    Haha that's funny, a catapult, hahahehe, and zahlanzi explained the fun too hehe.
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65545
    19 Dec '17 11:04
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    where in the constitution are AR-15, sniper rifles or flame throwers addressed? Are you so dumb and deluded to think that Ben Franklin would do anything but crap his pants if you told him 200 years into the future you would invent a rifle that can shoot 30 rounds, one after another, with terrifying precision and reload in under 2 seconds, and let everyone ...[text shortened]... and taken out when it no longer suits it's purpose (like you did already with other amendments).
    Yeah Ben would be blown away by the internet too. You're so deep.
Back to Top