Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    03 Jan '17 19:02
    Fifty Brilliant Thomas Sowell Reflections

Loved these, from a brilliant man.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/27/fifty-brilliant-thomas-sowell-reflections/

My favorites....

“If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today.”

“The real minimum wage is zero.”

“Elections should be held on April 16th—the day after we pay our income taxes. That is one of the few things that might discourage politicians from being big spenders.”

“Helping those who have been struck by unforeseeable misfortunes is fundamentally different from making dependency a way of life.”

“The next time some academics tell you how important diversity is, ask how many Republicans there are in their sociology department.”

“I have never understood why it is ‘greed’ to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else’s money.”
  2. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    03 Jan '17 23:29
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Fifty Brilliant Thomas Sowell Reflections

Loved these, from a brilliant man.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/12/27/fifty-brilliant-thomas-sowell-reflections/

My favorites....

[b]“If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a ...[text shortened]... want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else’s money.”
    [/b]
    Thomas Sowell and the word "brilliant" don't belong in the same paragraph. He was and is an unoriginal lapdog of the Friedmanites who has desperately opposed every single attempt to make this country a little more bearable for the working class.
  3. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    03 Jan '17 23:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Thomas Sowell and the word "brilliant" don't belong in the same paragraph. He was and is an unoriginal lapdog of the Friedmanites who has desperately opposed every single attempt to make this country a little more bearable for the working class.
    As expected from a lefty. I for one think he is one of the great thinkers.
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    04 Jan '17 00:17
    You would.
  5. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    04 Jan '17 00:48
    You would.
    You wouldn't.
  6. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    04 Jan '17 09:40
    That's quite the recommendation then!
  7. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    04 Jan '17 09:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    That's quite the recommendation then!
    I'm reasonably certain that CB had never heard of Thomas Sowell until he stumbled across this article in the daily caller, a dues paying member of the far right blogosphere.
  8. 04 Jan '17 14:02
    I'm reasonably certain that CB had never heard of Thomas Sowell until he stumbled across this article in the daily caller, a dues paying member of the far right blogosphere.
    "LOOK! someone who has sayings that reinforce my already held beliefs! he must be a genius"
  9. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    04 Jan '17 15:24
    I have been a fan of T Sowell for years...your an idiot!
    Common sense just will not suit your twisted pea brain.
  10. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    04 Jan '17 15:25
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "LOOK! someone who has sayings that reinforce my already held beliefs! he must be a genius"
    Read above...
  11. 04 Jan '17 17:40
    Read above...
    that deals with the accusation you only just heard of him. my claim that you are a weak minded fool who thinks everyone who agrees with him is a genius stands
  12. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    04 Jan '17 18:01
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    that deals with the accusation you only just heard of him. my claim that you are a weak minded fool who thinks everyone who agrees with him is a genius stands
    Once a libtard always a libtard...
  13. 06 Jan '17 16:30
    "Why is it that if you take advantage of a corporate tax break you're a smart businessman, but if you take advantage of something so you don't go hungry, you're a moocher?"
    Jon Stewart