Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 09 Aug '17 10:29
    ... the likes of which this world has never seen."

Is this idiot for real.
  2. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    09 Aug '17 10:34
    Originally posted by @divegeester

Is this idiot for real.
    Is Pence better?

Was Hillary better?

Really?
  3. 09 Aug '17 10:38
    Originally posted by @finnegan
    Is Pence better?

Was Hillary better?

Really?
    It's the first time I've ever heard rhetoric quite like that, said quite like that from a Potus.
  4. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    09 Aug '17 10:51
    It's the first time I've ever heard rhetoric quite like that, said quite like that from a Potus.
    Maybe so but not from internal and confidential communications, exposed through wikileaks and the like, and not from mainstream politicians - primarily but not only in the Republican Party. Clinton is a warmonger to match any, regarded the Syrian catastrophe as beneficial to US and Israeli interests, and has explicitly explored the principle of using nuclear weapons against Iran.

And look at the reality of American military spending, American military bases around the globe, American military expansion into (already semi-fascist) Eastern Europe contrary to American commitments when Russia withdrew, American sponsored militarism and direct American interventions (not very covert and often very overt) on a huge scale.

The constitution gifts the POTUS with unaccountable power in foreign policy. The "small state" ideology neglects to restrain military spending that is out of control and beyond the combined insanities of the rest of the planet.

Trump is a fearful threat to world peace. When he is removed, as he surely must be in a sane world, the USA will not be defanged and its long term pattern of behaviour will not be changed.
  5. 09 Aug '17 11:00
    I've said so before, and I do it again: The next nuclear bomb will be delivered during Trumps presidential time. He has already escalated the situation to the brink of catastrophe. And then I don't mean only in terms of nuclear threats. It will take same time to restore Americas lost glory.
  6. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    09 Aug '17 11:06
    Originally posted by @fabianfnas
    I've said so before, and I do it again: The next nuclear bomb will be delivered during Trumps presidential time. He has already escalated the situation to the brink of catastrophe. And then I don't mean only in terms of nuclear threats. It will take same time to restore Americas lost glory.
    Too many Americans seem not to understand why using a nuclear weapon on North Korea or Iran would be a catastrophe. Obviously it would be a pity if a neighbour - say South Korea or Japan - were to suffer also, but there would probably be a bright side (Apple get rid of Samsung say). They imagine it would be just fine as long as it was the other side's fault in some perverse morality that only Americans believe (but who else matters?).
  7. 09 Aug '17 11:20 / 1 edit
    Maybe so but not from internal and confidential communications, exposed through wikileaks and the like, and not from mainstream politicians - primarily but not only in the Republican Party. Clinton is a warmonger to match any, regarded the Syrian catastrophe as beneficial to US and Israeli interests, and has explicitly explored the principle of using nuc ...[text shortened]... world, the USA will not be defanged and its long term pattern of behaviour will not be changed.
    Yes yes I'm aware of all the rhetoric and military funding and that's it's cross-party and so on and so forth.

My OP is specifically about what Trump said yesterday, his chosen words, how he delivered it, repeated it etc.
  8. 09 Aug '17 11:21
    This something I've also suspected but didn't want to articulate.
  9. 09 Aug '17 11:22 / 1 edit
    But it's fine, whodey will be along soon to talk about the positivity of the apocalypse and how Obama is somehow to blame.
  10. 09 Aug '17 11:37
    Too many Americans seem not to understand why using a nuclear weapon on North Korea or Iran would be a catastrophe. Obviously it would be a pity if a neighbour - say South Korea or Japan - were to suffer also, but there would probably be a bright side (Apple get rid of Samsung say). They imagine it would be just fine as long as it was the other side's fault in some perverse morality that only Americans believe (but who else matters?).
    The only one who actually can restore the situation that it will not escalate to actually use the nuclears, from either side, thus saving South Korea, is China. (!) The savior of the world! They, and they only (as it seem likely today), can de-escalate the situation. They have the power to do it, as NK still sees China as their mighty ally. But they don't have any poser over Trump. Therefore all responsibility is on his side, and his alone. This is my opinion.
  11. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    09 Aug '17 11:37

Is this idiot for real.
    It's great stuff.
    The man is like the Pandora box of comedy... he just keeps giving and giving and eventually we all die.

PARTY!!!
  12. 09 Aug '17 12:05
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    It's great stuff.
    The man is like the Pandora box of comedy... he just keeps giving and giving and eventually we all die.

PARTY!!!
    Just think, if it were not for Trump, we would live forever!!!
  13. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    09 Aug '17 12:49 / 1 edit
    Quite apart from any danger to South Korea, the US or Japan, taking out the Kims is, IMO, a moral imperative (if possible) to save the North Korean people from these brutal despots.

Obviously, taking him out through a covert op would be preferred.
  14. 09 Aug '17 12:59
    The only one who actually can restore the situation that it will not escalate to actually use the nuclears, from either side, thus saving South Korea, is China. (!) The savior of the world! They, and they only (as it seem likely today), can de-escalate the situation. They have the power to do it, as NK still sees China as their mighty ally. But they don' ...[text shortened]... oser over Trump. Therefore all responsibility is on his side, and his alone. This is my opinion.
    Trump is terrifying. Both Trump and Kim Jung-un are certifiably insane. It is impossible to control Trump's tongue. I agree with you that China is crucial in deescalating the situation. Perhaps it's not so insane to imagine the West joining with China to calm down both North Korea and the U.S. given what is at stake. I suspect that many in the U.S. hear the term, "small tactical nuclear weapons" which has been uttered by both of the U.S. political parties, and they haven't a clue that in truth it means starting a nuclear holocaust. Very few in the U.S. listen to or read real news. They are too busy watching ESPN, Game of Thrones and Dancing With the Stars. There are many Christians who long for the second coming of Christ and Armageddon. 30% or more in the U.S. still support Trump. Anyone with half a brain should be rather terrified. Even the stock markets across the planet are dropping in a reaction to Trumps stupid threat. Excuse me while I reach for a fistful of my opiods.....
  15. 09 Aug '17 13:01
    Originally posted by @sh76
    Quite apart from any danger to South Korea, the US or Japan, taking out the Kims is, IMO, a moral imperative (if possible) to save the North Korean people from these brutal despots.

Obviously, taking him out through a covert op would be preferred.
    How bout we just send Dennis Rodman back in and call it a day?