Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 04:271 edit
    Lock him up!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/13/us/politics/donald-trump-national-security-adviser-michael-flynn.html?_r=0
  2. Germany
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 07:27
    Trump is winning again. I'm sure there hasn't been such a quick high-profile resignation from the cabinet in a while. His people are so good they can get everything done in just 24 days, including acting as a Russian spy and enabling his retarded son to spread pro-Russian conspiracy theories. MAGA!
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 08:52
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Trump is winning again. I'm sure there hasn't been such a quick high-profile resignation from the cabinet in a while. His people are so good they can get everything done in just 24 days, including acting as a Russian spy and enabling his retarded son to spread pro-Russian conspiracy theories. MAGA!
    The 2018 mid-terms are gonna be a bloodbath at this rate.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 10:50
    One must admire the fortitude of the President for taking what must have been a very difficult decision.
  5. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 10:57
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    One must admire the fortitude of the President for taking what must have been a very difficult decision.
    He's an idiot for picking him in the first place. Personally I can't help but have the feeling there is something very fishy with this Trump-Rusky affair.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 11:24
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    He's an idiot for picking him in the first place. Personally I can't help but have the feeling there is something very fishy with this Trump-Rusky affair.
    Fishy? In what way is it fishy PK?
  7. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 11:491 edit
    Fishy? In what way is it fishy PK?
    I'll bullet point.

1. Russian intrusion into the election (which is something Trump doesn't deny anymore after having been privy to the evidence).
    2. Trumps bizarre public praising of Putin.
    3. The intelligence dossier, which parts of have since been corroborated.
    4. The curious picking of Putin friendly people to his staff.

To call this level of chumminess between high level US officials and Putin odd would be charitable.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 12:09
    Those Russkies always sneaking in and casting votes.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 12:46
    What decision?
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 12:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I doubt they'll be any worse than his current polls.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 14:291 edit
    I'll bullet point.

1. Russian intrusion into the election (which is something Trump doesn't deny anymore after having been privy to the evidence).
    2. Trumps bizarre public praising of Putin.
    3. The intelligence dossier, which parts of have since been corroborated.
    4. The curious picking of Putin friendly people to his staff.

To call this level of chumminess between high level US officials and Putin odd would be charitable.
    1. Alleged Russian intrusion for which we have seen no evidence of except a security dossier that listed certain IP addresses only two of which were actually traced to Russia both using Windows servers (not the choice of hackers) and public networks (if you want to get caught you use public networks). Was debunked by practically anyone that knows how hackers operate.
    2. Its no coincidence that one elite should praise another, it happens all the time. Look at all the elites that came out for Mrs. Clinton.
    3. The intelligence dossier was laughable, the entire 'golden shower', was the most laughable of all.
    4. Trump is not a globalist, he's a business man. Russia has huge resources and business is business.

I see nothing fishy, all I see is good sense. It make no sense to ostracise Mr. Putin for ideological reason like Mrs. Clinton and Mr, Obama did.
  12. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 15:13
    1. Alleged Russian intrusion for which we have seen no evidence of except a security dossier that listed certain IP addresses only two of which were actually traced to Russia both using Windows servers (not the choice of hackers) and public networks (if you want to get caught you use public networks). Was debunked by practically anyone that knows h ...[text shortened]... make no sense to ostracise Mr. Putin for ideological reason like Mrs. Clinton and Mr, Obama did.
    Time will tell.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 15:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Whoa now, there you go again overestimating American voters. That's why Trump won.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 15:31
    Time will tell.
    I must admit that its a scary prospect.
  15. Zugzwang
    Moves
    14 Feb '17 20:00
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/14/democrats-russia-trump-investigation-michael-flynn

"Trump knew for weeks Michael Flynn misled over Russia contact."

"Donald Trump is facing mounting pressure to explain his ties with Russia after it
    emerged that he knew weeks ago his national security adviser had misled officials about
    secret communications with Russian officials but did not fire him.

Retired general Michael Flynn was eventually forced to quit on Monday night after
    reports that he could be vulnerable to blackmail by Moscow.

Democrats demanded an independent investigation into Flynn’s phone calls with the
    Russian ambassador, what Trump knew about them and when. A senior Republican
    promised to examine the matter “exhaustively”, but others in the party were reticent."