Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 15:27
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/10/03/christine-blasey-ford-friend-in-delaware-was-career-fbi-agent-and-likely-together-during-accusation-letter-construct/#more-154865
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 15:33
    @mott-the-hoople said
    https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/10/03/christine-blasey-ford-friend-in-delaware-was-career-fbi-agent-and-likely-together-during-accusation-letter-construct/#more-154865
    It doesn't matter how much of an absolute political hack Kavanaugh is, completely unsuited in several ways, attack the accuser is all you have, just like your criminal POTUS attacked her yesterday, an unprecedented attack on an individual during a so-called speech.

And you LOVE it. What compassionless hypocrites ALL of you are.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 15:49
    @sonhouse said
    It doesn't matter how much of an absolute political hack Kavanaugh is, completely unsuited in several ways, attack the accuser is all you have, just like your criminal POTUS attacked her yesterday, an unprecedented attack on an individual during a so-called speech.

What if the accuser is making the whole thing up? Are we still compassionless hypocrites?
    I have explained that I think a very bad precedent would be set if a mere allegation without evidence were allowed to deny the nomination of Kavanaugh (or anyone for that matter). I don't even like Kav and I think you know why, but it does not change the bad precedent if it is only because of an allegation without evidence.
    Shoot him down for lying or being a jerk, but don't bring a mere allegation into it. That is what makes you a compassionless hypocrite. You are not even considering the possibility Ford lied and Kav is the victim.
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 15:53
    @sonhouse said

Trump only stated the FACTS of this case. The fact that you consider it an attack is only because you know it is a cheap lies.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 16:13
    @metal-brain said
    What if the accuser is making the whole thing up? Are we still compassionless hypocrites?
    I have explained that I think a very bad precedent would be set if a mere allegation without evidence were allowed to deny the nomination of Kavanaugh (or anyone for that matter). I don't even like Kav and I think you know why, but it does not change the bad precedent if it is only ...[text shortened]... passionless hypocrite. You are not even considering the possibility Ford lied and Kav is the victim.
    Wow, it sets such a bad precedent to not have a drug addict incoherently rambling about conspiracy theories and compulsively lying under oath join one of the most powerful political positions in the country, based partially on multiple credible accusations of sexual assault backed up by sworn testimony.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 16:21
    @kazetnagorra said
    Wow, it sets such a bad precedent to not have a drug addict incoherently rambling about conspiracy theories and compulsively lying under oath join one of the most powerful political positions in the country, based partially on multiple credible accusations of sexual assault backed up by sworn testimony.
    Credible accusations?

If any were credible he would be in prison.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 16:52
    @sonhouse said

Are you talking about this?

The president was speaking in Mississippi when he appeared to mock the holes in the account from Ford, who accused his Supreme Court nominee of sexually harassing her decades ago.

“What he’s going through – thirty six years ago, this happened,” the president said.

“I had one beer, right, I had one beer,” he said in the person of Ford.

“Well, you think it was – nope it was one beer,” he added. “Oh good. How did you get home? I don’t remember.”

“How did you get there? I don’t remember,” he repeated. “Where is the place? I don’t remember. How many years ago was it? I dunno. I dunno.”

“I dunno! I dunno!!” he exclaimed to great applause from the audience.

“What neighborhood was it in? I dunno,” he continued. “Where’s the house? I dunno?”

“Upstairs, downstairs, where was it?” he added. “I dunno, but I had one beer, that’s the only thing I remember.”

“And a man’s life is in tatters, a man’s life is shattered, his wife is shattered, his daughters, who are beautiful, incredible, young kids,” Trump said. “They destroy people, they want to destroy people. These are really evil people!”
  8. Germany
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 17:02
    @metal-brain said
    Credible accusations?

That's not how it works.
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 19:24
    @whodey said
    Are you talking about this?

The president was speaking in Mississippi when he appeared to mock the holes in the account from Ford, who accused his Supreme Court nominee of sexually harassing her decades ago.

“What he’s going through – thirty six years ago, this happened,” the president said.

“I had one beer, right, I had one beer,” he said in the person ...[text shortened]... kids,” Trump said. “They destroy people, they want to destroy people. These are really evil people!”
    The Senators who are the key votes on Kavanaugh were dutifully impressed by Trump's analysis:

To discuss something this sensitive at a political rally, it's just not right," Flake (R-Ariz.) told NBC's "Today" show. "I wish he hadn't have done it. I just say it's kind of appalling."

Collins (R-Maine), meanwhile, said Trump's comments were "just plain wrong" when asked Wednesday morning how the president's comments would affect her vote.

Murkowski (R-Alaska) also weighed in, telling reporters, "I thought the president's comments yesterday mocking Dr. Ford were wholly inappropriate and in my view unacceptable."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/03/flake-trump-mockery-of-kavanaugh-accuser-appalling-864659
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 19:30
    @no1marauder said
    The Senators who are the key votes on Kavanaugh were dutifully impressed by Trump's analysis:

To discuss something this sensitive at a political rally, it's just not right," Flake (R-Ariz.) told NBC's "Today" show. "I wish he hadn't have done it. I just say it's kind of appalling."

Collins (R-Maine), meanwhile, said Trump's comments were "just plain wrong" when aske ...[text shortened]...
    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/03/flake-trump-mockery-of-kavanaugh-accuser-appalling-864659
    Republicans are going to have to quit running from "not supposed to insult" the dem >victims<. That's the whole gotcha game behind this. Our WOMAN can lie all she wants and you cant call her out.

Well there is a new sheriff in town! Trump refuses to play by your rules.

As the swamp goes down, expect many ludicrous claims.
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 19:32
    @mott-the-hoople said
    Republicans are going to have to quit running from "not supposed to insult" the dem >victims<. That's the whole gotcha game behind this. Our WOMAN can lie all she wants and you cant call her out.

Well there is a new sheriff in town! Trump refuses to play by your rules.

As the swamp goes down, expect many ludicrous claims.
    Any time Trump opens his yap, I expect ludicrous claims.

He might well still snatch defeat from the jaws of victory on this one.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 19:43
    @kazetnagorra said
    That's not how it works.
    With Mueller trying to nail him that is how it works, unless you think Mueller is just pretending to be his nemesis and it is just a big dog and pony show.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 19:49
    @no1marauder said
    Any time Trump opens his yap, I expect ludicrous claims.

He might well still snatch defeat from the jaws of victory on this one.
    they say copying someone is the most sincere form of flattery...thx.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 22:22
    @metal-brain said
    Credible accusations?

Now why do people think this is remotely credible! What part does anyone think was credible, that part when she didn’t know when it happened, the part she didn’t know where it happened, the part where she named people who said they had no memories of that event? If we wanted to investigate this, where would we go, who would we talk to, and what time frame would we consider looking into, and why? For all we know she had a bad dream!
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 Oct '18 22:33
    @kellyjay said
    Now why do people think this is remotely credible! What part does anyone think was credible, that part when she didn’t know when it happened, the part she didn’t know where it happened, the part where she named people who said they had no memories of that event? If we wanted to investigate this, where would we go, who would we talk to, and what time frame would we consider looking into, and why? For all we know she had a bad dream!
    these liberals on here do not believe her...they know as well as everyone else what is going on.