Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 18:092 edits
    http://thehill.com/homenews/media/392600-tucker-carlson-criticized-for-warning-viewers-to-assume-the-opposite-in-news

Fox News host Tucker Carlson is being criticized for telling his viewers on Friday night that they should distrust news reports from the “big news stations.”

“If you're looking to understand what's actually happening in this country, always assume the opposite of whatever they're telling you on the big news stations,” Carlson said, despite Fox News sitting on top of the cable news ratings for 197 consecutive months.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 18:12
    Don't trust anyone else, only us; we alone have the truth. Next guest: the ghost of David Koresh.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 18:19
    Originally posted by @vivify
    http://thehill.com/homenews/media/392600-tucker-carlson-criticized-for-warning-viewers-to-assume-the-opposite-in-news

Fox News host Tucker Carlson is being criticized for telling his viewers on Friday night that they should distrust news reports from the “big news stations.”

[b]“If you're looking to understand what's actually happening in this c ...[text shortened]... d, despite Fox News sitting on top of the cable news ratings for 197 consecutive months.
    still waiting for your answer on the other thread...what exactly is muellers job?
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 18:22
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    still waiting for your answer on the other thread...what exactly is muellers job?
    (b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI
    Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on
    Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:
    (i) any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals
    associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
    (ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
    (iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).
    (c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is
    authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/967231/download

Glad to help.
  5. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 18:232 edits
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople

I sent you that 2 weeks ago skippy. It was Rob Rosenstein's legal directive to Robert Mueller, you refused to read it. 🙄

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you??
  6. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 18:25

[b]“If you're looking to understand what's actually happening in this c ...[text shortened]... d, despite Fox News sitting on top of the cable news ratings for 197 consecutive months.
    Yes, and by "big news stations" he is talking about the mainstream news that doesn't require a cable subscription. Of course, you would know that if you actually watched the program and didn't use snippets from one-liner quotes.
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 18:50
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Yes, and by "big news stations" he is talking about the mainstream news that doesn't require a cable subscription. Of course, you would know that if you actually watched the program and didn't use snippets from one-liner quotes.
    Can you back up this claim you made? Is there anything else from the rest of this broadcast that supports your assertion? Can you post either a transcript of the show or a clip as evidence of what you claim?
  8. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 18:581 edit
    Can you back up this claim you made? Is there anything else from the rest of this broadcast that supports your assertion? Can you post either a transcript of the show or a clip as evidence of what you claim?
    Common sense is my back up. I watch Tucker 2 or 3 times a week. Everyone that watches FOX on any reasonable level KNOWS what they mean when they say the "big" or "mainstream" news organizations. The whole reason FOX exists in the first place is because the "big," "mainstream" news organizations were filling the American public with left wing propaganda without anyone to keep them honest.

You're reaching for straws here.

And what sense would it make if you are correct, and FOX actually did implicate themselves in the statement. Obviously they were talking about the mainstream, non-cable media. Common sense.
  9. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 19:13
    Common sense is my back up. I watch Tucker 2 or 3 times a week. Everyone that watches FOX on any reasonable level KNOWS what they mean when they say the "big" or "mainstream" news organizations. The whole reason FOX exists in the first place is because the "big," "mainstream" news organizations were filling the American public with left wing propagand ...[text shortened]... he statement. Obviously they were talking about the mainstream, non-cable media. Common sense.
    In what way is Fox not big and not mainstream? They are pretty right wing and might be moving in an alt-right direction editorially, but they are just the Murdoch Press. I'd dispute the notion that they are anything but a big business.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 19:17
    Common sense is my back up. I watch Tucker 2 or 3 times a week.
    Hmm, so you watch a racist 2 or 3 times a week, and you are spreading racist propaganda on this forum without remorse. Could there be a connection?
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 19:23
    Common sense is my back up. I watch Tucker 2 or 3 times a week. Everyone that watches FOX on any reasonable level KNOWS what they mean when they say the "big" or "mainstream" news organizations. The whole reason FOX exists in the first place is because the "big," "mainstream" news organizations were filling the American public with left wing propagand ...[text shortened]... he statement. Obviously they were talking about the mainstream, non-cable media. Common sense.
    You've argued against the idea that Carlson is a racist, even though that's obvious from watching his show, and the parade of racists guests he repeatedly has on his shows.

You're not the most trustworthy opinion on him.
  12. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 19:38
    You've argued against the idea that Carlson is a racist, even though that's obvious from watching his show, and the parade of racists guests he repeatedly has on his shows.

You're not the most trustworthy opinion on him.
    And apparently you watch the show more often than I do, which makes your opinion trustworthy. So... you're a big fan, eh? You watch him 4 or 5 times a week?
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 20:47
    Originally posted by @mchill

I sent you that 2 weeks ago skippy. It was Rob Rosenstein's legal directive to Robert Mueller, you refused to read it. 🙄

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you??
    He's not even the sharpest tool in the bathroom.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 20:48
    Common sense is my back up.
    Oh dear. 😞
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jun '18 21:15

Vivify has blasphemed Tucker! 😲

Burn him at the stake! 😠