Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 May '18 20:59
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/05/16/611504340/fox-news-pays-10-million-to-settle-racial-gender-bias-suits

Fox News Pays $10 Million To Settle Racial, Gender Bias Suits

The parent company of Fox News has paid approximately $10 million in settlements with 18 former employees, according to two sources with knowledge of the deal. The cases arose from intense scrutiny of Fox's workplace culture after it was convulsed by a sexual harassment scandal.

The cases primarily involved allegations of racial discrimination against the network, along with several gender bias and retaliation claims.
  2. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    17 May '18 00:21
    And your point IS?
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 May '18 02:251 edit
    Originally posted by @kquinn909 to Vivify
    And your point IS?
    I cannot read Vivify's mind. But I suspect that Vivify wanted to bring the attention of
    right-wing Americans here to institutional racism and sexism at their favorite source of
    propaganda (cough, news), the Fox News Channel. Being such right-wing Americans,
    however, they probably will keep denying that racism or sexism could exist there.
  4. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '18 02:43
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    I cannot read Vivify's mind. But I suspect that Vivify wanted to bring the attention of
    right-wing Americans here to institutional racism and sexism at their favorite source of
    propaganda (cough, news), the Fox News Channel. Being such right-wing Americans,
    however, they probably will keep denying that racism or sexism could exist there.
    You think gender- and race-based lawsuits are confined to FOX News among major media outlets? I think flaming libs at flaming lib networks are a lot worse - just like 90 percent of sexual abusers of women as revealed via the #metoo movement have turned out to be flaming white libs.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    17 May '18 06:26
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    You think gender- and race-based lawsuits are confined to FOX News among major media outlets? I think flaming libs at flaming lib networks are a lot worse - just like 90 percent of sexual abusers of women as revealed via the #metoo movement have turned out to be flaming white libs.
    I bet you can back up those statements with numbers. Is the number of these sort of cases higher at "flaming lib networks"? From a tally of abusers of women revealed through the #metoo-movement, can you show approximately 90% are "flaming white libs"?
  6. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '18 06:35
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    I bet you can back up those statements with numbers. Is the number of these sort of cases higher at "flaming lib networks"? From a tally of abusers of women revealed through the #metoo-movement, can you show approximately 90% are "flaming white libs"?
    Sure, there are a few media outlets keeping a list and the list is easily accessible via Google.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    17 May '18 13:38
    when fox news people start wearing pussy hats holler back at me...k
    ?
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 May '18 18:57
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    when fox news people start wearing pussy hats holler back at me...k
    ?
    When Fox News viewers stop buying tiki torches, holler at me.
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 May '18 19:37
    Here's another troll eager to put words into my mouth.

"You think gender- and race-based lawsuits are confined to FOX News among major media outlets?"
    --Romans1009

Can Romans1009 QUOTE where I allegedly wrote that?
  10. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '18 20:52
    Here's another troll eager to put words into my mouth.

"You think gender- and race-based lawsuits are confined to FOX News among major media outlets?"
    --Romans1009

Can Romans1009 QUOTE where I allegedly wrote that?
    You understand what a question mark signifies, don’t you?

And your citing of such lawsuits at FOX News, while ignoring such lawsuits at other networks, created the impression you think such lawsuits - and the behavior that prompts them - are unique to FOX News when they’re actually worse at flaming lib networks.

Get smart!
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 May '18 20:533 edits
    You understand what a question mark signifies, don’t you?

And your citing of such lawsuits at FOX News, while ignoring such lawsuits at other networks, created the impression you think such lawsuits - and the behavior that prompts them - are unique to FOX News when they’re actually worse at flaming lib networks.

Get smart!
    "You understand what a question mark signifies, don’t you?"
    --Romans1009

Has Romans1009 stopped beating his wife or girlfriend (if he has one)?

"Get smart!"
    --Romans1009

I'm not 99 yet.
  12. Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    17 May '18 21:04
    "You understand what a question mark signifies, don’t you?"
    --Romans1009

Has Romans1009 stopped beating his wife or girlfriend (if he has one)?

"Get smart!"
    --Romans1009

I am not 99 yet.
    Your question contains a false statement and, on top of that, is based upon zero evidence.

My question to you did not contain a false statement and was based upon your exclusionary citation of a news network.

You’re not as bright as you think (or pretend to be.)

Sad!
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '18 22:04
    Or worse, commend them for it. (racism)
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 May '18 22:08
    Your question contains a false statement and, on top of that, is based upon zero evidence.

My question to you did not contain a false statement and was based upon your exclusionary citation of a news network.

You’re not as bright as you think (or pretend to be.)

Sad!
    So what would you say if she said CNN was fined 10 mil for the same thing? Would you just as fast jump on that pointing out Faux news is racist too?
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 May '18 22:261 edit
    She was accusing your rhetorical question of being a loaded question, using "beat your wife?", a classic example of a loaded question.

You're not so bright yourself.