Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 27 Dec '11 04:44 / 1 edit
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/hate-mail-alert-mike-huckabee-on-ron-pauls-fanatical-believers-and-decent-patriotic-barack-obama/

In a recent interview with Mike Huckabee of For News, the former GOP Presidential candidate blasted Ron Pauls foriegn policy as being fanatical and distant to mainstream Americans. He then went on to add that most Americans do not want Iran to have a nuclear weapon, as if Ron Paul and his supporters did want Iran to have a nuclear weapon. He then went on to add that Barak Obama was a good and patriotic President. For me, he was implying that Barak Obama is the better man and if push came to shove he would vote for Obama over Paul.

Very odd interview, but it just shows how repulsed the main stream media is to Ron Paul.
  2. 27 Dec '11 05:14
    Of course, this is my favorite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tb5aGgQXhXo
  3. 27 Dec '11 18:41 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/hate-mail-alert-mike-huckabee-on-ron-pauls-fanatical-believers-and-decent-patriotic-barack-obama/

In a recent interview with Mike Huckabee of For News, the former GOP Presidential candidate blasted Ron Pauls foriegn policy as being fanatical and distant to mainstream Americans. He then went on to add that most Americans do not w ...[text shortened]... aul.

Very odd interview, but it just shows how repulsed the main stream media is to Ron Paul.
    Absolute nonsense.

I encourage everyone to actually go to the link and watch the clip.

When answering an entirely different, unrelated follow up question, he talked about how nasty the Republican race has gotten and he broadened that to politics in general, saying that he disagrees with Obama's policies but he doesn't doubt that he loves America. Just that he loves America "differently" than him.

That was in no way, shape or form an endorsement of Obama over Paul. The dimwits who watch Fox are just pissed that he committed the ultimate Fox crime. He acted like a grown up.
  4. 27 Dec '11 19:22 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Absolute nonsense.

When answering an entirely different, unrelated follow up question, he talked about how nasty the Republican race has gotten and he broadened that to politics in general, saying that he disagrees with Obama's policies but he doesn't doubt that he atch Fox are just pissed that he committed the ultimate Fox crime. He acted like a grown up.
    Your post was going along just fine until your last sentences. Then YOU came off like a child.
    Calling people names and talking about "the ultimate FOX crime".
  5. 27 Dec '11 19:49 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Your post was going along just fine until your last sentences. Then YOU came off like a child.
    Calling people names and talking about "the ultimate FOX crime".
    True. But you're also comparing internet forum banter to "professional" news commentators and high ranking politicians. You certainly haven't frequently been a shining example of mature discourse either.
  6. 27 Dec '11 20:52
    True. But you're also comparing internet forum banter to "professional" news commentators and high ranking politicians. You certainly haven't frequently been a shining example of mature discourse either.
    I'm just saying, I was reading your post, nodding my head in agreement (because I actually saw the clip when it was first aired on TV) then Bam ! "People who watch FOX news are dimwits" and "ultimate FOX crime" non sense.
    Every thing good you said went right out the window.

FOX news is not my only source of the news but I do watch it at some point in the day on most days. Along with most Americans. They are not dimwits and either am I.

I take what news I view on TV, hear on radio and read, w/a grain of salt. Regardless of the source. Then try to sift through all the b.s. and make sense out of it.

FOX does have several good commentators (and some not so good) who actually try to present things in a fair and balanced way without being too partisan.
  7. 27 Dec '11 21:25 / 1 edit
    Absolute nonsense.

When answering an entirely different, unrelated follow up question, he talked about how nasty the Republican race has gotten and he broadened that to politics in general, saying that he disagrees with Obama's policies but he doesn't doubt that he atch Fox are just pissed that he committed the ultimate Fox crime. He acted like a grown up.
    I said it was implied that Barak Obama would be better for American foriegn policy than for Ron Paul. He made the comment that Ron Paul did not represent mainstream American thought on the issue. As for Obama, he merely said that the GOP was treating him unfairly and thought that he was a patriot.

So if you see the interview in a vacuum, it would appear that Huckabee thinks more of Obama than Ron Paul, at least in terms of foriegn policy. After all, the neocons must be bombing something into oblivion to be able to sleep soundly at night. It's my guess that Huckabee would vote for Obama over Ron Pual, of course, if this is so he would never say so.
  8. 27 Dec '11 22:13 / 1 edit
    I said it was implied that Barak Obama would be better for American foriegn policy than for Ron Paul. He made the comment that Ron Paul did not represent mainstream American thought on the issue. As for Obama, he merely said that the GOP was treating him unfairly and thought that he was a patriot.

So if you see the interview in a vacuum, it would appear at Huckabee would vote for Obama over Ron Pual, of course, if this is so he would never say so.
    But you added this: "He then went on to add that Barak Obama was a good and patriotic President."

There is no correlation whatsoever. I have no doubt he would say the same thing about Ron Paul (Obviously not the President part).

The only thing of substance here is that Huckabee agrees with Obama that Iran should not have nuclear weapons. I think the fact that that is the mainstream belief falls in the no sh** category.

Also, your title says, "FOX NEWS" supports Obama over Ron Paul. So now Huckabee is the sole, proprietary voice of the media Goliath, Fox News?
  9. 27 Dec '11 22:41 / 1 edit
    But you added this: "He then went on to add that Barak Obama was a good and patriotic President."

There is no correlation whatsoever. I have no doubt he would say the same thing about Ron Paul (Obviously not the President part).

The only thing of substance here is that Huckabee agrees with Obama that Iran should not have nuclear weapons. I ver Ron Paul. So now Huckabee is the sole, proprietary voice of the media Goliath, Fox News?
    If you look at the other Jon Stewart clip, you will see how Fox news ignores Ron Paul. It is pretty obvious to me that Fox news is repulsed by the man.

As for Iran getting nuclear weapons, how far would you go to stop them? Should the US attack them if need be in order to stop them from getting those weapons?
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Dec '11 22:47

In a recent interview with Mike Huckabee of For News, the former GOP Presidential candidate blasted Ron Pauls foriegn policy as being fanatical and distant to mainstream Americans. He then went on to add that most Americans do not w ...[text shortened]... aul.

Well, Ron Paul might not "want" Iran to have a nuclear weapon, but he says it would be no big deal if they did ("the Soviets and Chinese had them and we didn't go to war with them about it" http://conservativebyte.com/2011/08/ron-paul-why-stop-iran-from-getting-nukes/ the debate video excerpt at about 2:00.
  11. 27 Dec '11 22:48
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Well, Ron Paul might not "want" Iran to have a nuclear weapon, but he says it would be no big deal if they did ("the Soviets and Chinese had them and we didn't go to war with them about it" http://conservativebyte.com/2011/08/ron-paul-why-stop-iran-from-getting-nukes/ the debate video excerpt at about 2:00.
    Would you condone the US attacking Iran to stop them?
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Dec '11 22:50 / 1 edit
    Would you condone the US attacking Iran to stop them?
    No, but I'd hardly claim that is in agreement with "mainstream" political opinion in this country.
  13. 27 Dec '11 22:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    No, but I'd hardly claim that is in agreement with "mainstream" political opinion in this country.
    Do you thnk Obama would attack to stop them? In addition, would you consider most Americans to support an attack to stop them?

It seems to me that at some point that will be a decision to make.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Dec '11 22:58 / 1 edit
    Do you thnk Obama would attack to stop them? In addition, would you consider most Americans to support an attack to stop them?

It seems to me that at some point that will be a decision to make.
    Yes. Yes.

I also think it highly probable that Ron Paul would attack them in such a scenario despite what he says now.
  15. 27 Dec '11 23:14
    If you look at the other Jon Stewart clip, you will see how Fox news ignores Ron Paul. It is pretty obvious to me that Fox news is repulsed by the man.

As for Iran getting nuclear weapons, how far would you go to stop them? Should the US attack them if need be in order to stop them from getting those weapons?
    It is pretty obvious to me that Fox news is repulsed by the man. -whodey

Wrong whodey. I would hazzard to guess that FOX gives Ron Paul more coverage and interviews than any other news outlet. Example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sguZg8FI9lo