1. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    31 May '11 08:32
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Roger Ailes has a bomb-resistant office to protect him from Muslims and gays.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-roger-ailes-built-the-fox-news-fear-factory-20110525

From the Rolling Stone article:

"Inside his blast-resistant office at Fox News headquarters, Ailes keeps a monitor on his desk that allows him to view any activity outside his ...[text shortened]... ead. The last sentence of the article may very well be the epitaph of Republican moderation.
    I won't come out and say this guy is a typical Republican....I'll just think it!😏
  2. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    31 May '11 15:08
    Originally posted by bill718
    I won't come out and say this guy is a typical Republican....I'll just think it!😏
    With the money to blast-proof himself. Most of the wingnuts can only afford to arm themselves to the teeth.

But there used to be moderate, even liberal, Republicans. Lincoln. LaFollette. McClosky. Even Nixon seems moderate by today's standards.
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    03 Jun '11 20:48
    Originally posted by bill718
    Oh, I think he's pretty atypical even there.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree