Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 22:031 edit
    http://www.lifenews.com/2016/01/13/hillary-clinton-i-think-we-should-do-everything-we-can-to-promote-free-abortions/

It appears that Hillary Clinton wants abortions to be fully taxpayer funded and wants ALL restrictions on abortion to go bye, bye. So I guess abortions in the third trimester or partial birth abortions will be approved nation wide under Hillary.

Who here agrees?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 22:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.lifenews.com/2016/01/13/hillary-clinton-i-think-we-should-do-everything-we-can-to-promote-free-abortions/

It appears that Hillary Clinton wants abortions to be fully taxpayer funded and wants ALL restrictions on abortion to go bye, bye. So I guess abortions in the third trimester or partial birth abortions will be approved nation wide under Hillary.

Who here agrees?
    It appears that Hillary Clinton wants abortions to be fully taxpayer funded [...]

Good idea. Not a decision one should make based on the status of their wallet.

and [Clinton] wants ALL restrictions on abortion to go bye, bye.

I'm not an avid smiley user, but here we go: 🙄
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 22:21
    I think it all ties into the free college plan.

Kill as many unborn children as possible in order to reduce the future costs of free college.

Those that escape the womb, however, are doomed to a liberal education where they are taught virtually nothing they need to know in order to prepare them for college, thus saving even more on free college expenses.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 22:22
    I think it all ties into the free college plan.

Kill as many unborn children as possible in order to reduce the future costs of free college.

Those that escape the womb, however, are doomed to a liberal education where they are taught virtually nothing they need to know in order to prepare them for college, thus saving even more on free college expenses.
    Have you ever seen a college up close?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 22:361 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Have you ever seen a college up close?
    Have you ever witnessed a late term abortion?

If so, it will afford you a better education.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 22:52

Who here agrees?
    Neither statement is true as I think you know.

The article points out that she wishes to repeal the Hyde Amendment which forbids the use of federal funds through Medicaid to pay for abortions for those with low incomes. That's a fair cry from wanting "abortions to be fully taxpayer funded".

She was also asked about federal laws regarding abortion and said she opposed any. I'm amazed someone who so tirelessly complains about the power of the federal government has any problem with that. Nothing in her statements suggests that she would (or could) do away with "ALL restrictions on abortion"; which are properly a State matter so long as they don't unduly restrict a woman's right to reproductive freedom.

Next lie up, whodey.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 23:00
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Neither statement is true as I think you know.

The article points out that she wishes to repeal the Hyde Amendment which forbids the use of federal funds through Medicaid to pay for abortions for those with low incomes. That's a fair cry from wanting "abortions to be fully taxpayer funded".

She was also asked about [b]federal
    laws regarding abo ...[text shortened]... g as they don't unduly restrict a woman's right to reproductive freedom.

Next lie up, whodey.[/b]
    Hillary's job is to tackle one restriction at a time on abortion. That is the goal.

And yes, when it comes to murder I don't want any restrictions lifted.

As for the future liar-in chief goes, she well knows that the vast number of abortions are done by poor folk, mostly minorities. This is what Margaret Sanger envisioned and wanted blacks to self abort.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    25 Jul '16 23:371 edit
    Hillary's job is to tackle one restriction at a time on abortion. That is the goal.

And yes, when it comes to murder I don't want any restrictions lifted.

As for the future liar-in chief goes, she well knows that the vast number of abortions are done by poor folk, mostly minorities. This is what Margaret Sanger envisioned and wanted blacks to self abort.
    I only hope right wing politicians are as (suddenly) honest as you've become with your wish to have woman who have abortions punished as murderers under the criminal law.

We've dealt with your Sanger lies many times on this forum.
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 01:16

Who here agrees?
    I believe that a pregnant woman or girl should have the legal right to choose abortion
    and *not* be deprived of her free choice in practice on account of her lack of money.

Jessica Valenti has proposed that poor American women and girls of the appropriate
    ages receive free (or subsidized) pads or tampons from the US government.
    Unless she's pregnant, a woman must take care of the needs of her menstrual cycle.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 02:32
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I only hope right wing politicians are as (suddenly) honest as you've become with your wish to have woman who have abortions punished as murderers under the criminal law.

We've dealt with your Sanger lies many times on this forum.
    Sanger lies? Kinda like Hillary lies?

Your an idiot.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 02:38
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    I believe that a pregnant woman or girl should have the legal right to choose abortion
    and *not* be deprived of her free choice in practice on account of her lack of money.

Jessica Valenti has proposed that poor American women and girls of the appropriate
    ages receive free (or subsidized) pads or tampons from the US government.
    Unless she's pregnant, a woman must take care of the needs of her menstrual cycle.
    What about the millions of Americans who don't want their tax dollars going towards something they consider to be murder?

Should they be considered?

As far as free tampons go, I'm speechless.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 06:46
    What about the millions of Americans who don't want their tax dollars going towards something they consider to be murder?

What about the millions of Americans who don't want their tax dollars going towards [fill in the blank]?

They have a vote just like the rest of Americans do.
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 07:321 edit

Since when have the religious beliefs of a minority held an absolute veto over laws of general application?

Buddhist and Quaker taxpayers surely find the US' overseas wars, massive military spending and the providing of weapons to regimes all over the world morally reprehensible yet I have never heard you assert that such beliefs be binding on policy makers. Why should your cult's beliefs be?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 08:01
    As for the future liar-in chief .....
    Don't worry, I really don't think she's after your job.
  15. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    To the Left
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 09:102 edits
    It is worth reiterating what has been written about Hillary Clinton's abortion policies in a book called False Choices: The Faux Feminism of Hillary Rodham Clinton
    by Liza Featherstone (Editor)

The abortion lobby is arguably the only Democratic Party interest group the Clintons never f'd over, and the Democratic Party’s support for abortion rights in the face of the so-called Republican “War on Women” has become increasingly central to the party’s messaging. P111

...on other issues that disproportionately affect women, like health care, welfare, and wages, there is little policy consensus among Democrats. As a brand, abortion is pretty much all they’ve got. P111

It’s fair to say the makers and distributors of Mexican misoprostol pills have done infinitely more than Hillary Clinton’s political clique to ensure reality-based abortion rights... P112

It seems ill-conceived to have tethered feminism to such a narrow issue as abortion. Yet it makes sense from an insular Beltway fund-raising perspective to focus on an issue that makes no demands—the opposite, really—of the oligarch class; 120

abortion is a consummately foolish thing to attempt to build a political movement around. It happens once or twice in a woman’s lifetime. Kids, on the other hand, are with you forever. A more promising movement—one that goes against everything Hillary Clinton stands for—might take that to heart. P121

The issue of abortion - in the terms expressed and debated so often on this forum - is not intended to have a solution and never will be resolved. It is an empty can rattling down the hill. These so called "culture wars" ensure that American politics never has to deal with real social issues and never has to offer solutions.