Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 21 Feb '10 19:20
    Due to the high Palestinian level of support for a two-state solution, in addition to the virtually impossible goal of a unified Palestine solution, I am going to personally (not that it means much) recognize Israel's right to exist by the pre-1967 boundaries including West Jerusalem. I will, however, continue supporting the Palestinians' right to internationally recognized Palestine, including the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem; Palestinian human rights; anti-Zionist groups and movements; anti-royalist Jordanian groups and movements; and the Lebanese Opposition.

I'll stop talking while I'm ahead.
  2. 21 Feb '10 19:22
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Due to the high Palestinian level of support for a two-state solution, in addition to the virtually impossible goal of a unified Palestine solution, I am going to personally (not that it means much) recognize Israel's right to exist by the pre-1967 boundaries including West Jerusalem. I will, however, continue supporting the Palestinians' right to internatio ...[text shortened]... ian groups and movements; and the Lebanese Opposition.

do you still support hamas?
  3. 21 Feb '10 22:53
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    do you still support hamas?
    I would like to remark as to how stupid that was.
  4. 22 Feb '10 00:18 / 3 edits
    I would like to remark as to how stupid that was.
    Why is it a stupid question? If Hamas refuses to recognize Israel in the manner that you suggest why would you support them? If you then do not support them, who do you support in the struggle?
  5. 22 Feb '10 01:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why is it a stupid question? If Hamas refuses to recognize Israel in the manner that you suggest why would you support them? If you then do not support them, who do you support in the struggle?
    Because I've already said, many many times, that I disapprove of Hamas' proposed solution. The fact that both they and myself are willing to recognize Israel does not mean that I support them.

As far as groups that I do support ... probably now either Marwan Bargouthi's section of Fateh or the DFLP.
  6. 22 Feb '10 02:10
    Because I've already said, many many times, that I disapprove of Hamas' proposed solution. The fact that both they and myself are willing to recognize Israel does not mean that I support them.

As far as groups that I do support ... probably now either Marwan Bargouthi's section of Fateh or the DFLP.
    So what made you take this position?
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    22 Feb '10 15:00
    Due to the high Palestinian level of support for a two-state solution, in addition to the virtually impossible goal of a unified Palestine solution, I am going to personally (not that it means much) recognize Israel's right to exist by the pre-1967 boundaries including West Jerusalem. I will, however, continue supporting the Palestinians' right to internatio ...[text shortened]... ian groups and movements; and the Lebanese Opposition.

Fantastic. We're getting there... Slowly but surely
  8. 22 Feb '10 17:45

how about anti-royalist Saudi groups?
  9. 22 Feb '10 17:46

you're dating yourself; it's a three-state solution now.
  10. 22 Feb '10 19:54
    Originally posted by whodey
    So what made you take this position?
    Read the first sentence of this thread.
  11. 22 Feb '10 19:54
    Originally posted by sh76
    Fantastic. We're getting there... Slowly but surely
    I'm Palestinian; you don't expect me to make any further concessions! Most Palestinians support this solution!
  12. 22 Feb '10 19:55
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    how about anti-royalist Saudi groups?
    What about them?
  13. 22 Feb '10 20:25
    you left them off the list.
  14. 22 Feb '10 20:55
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    you left them off the list.
    Because they aren't really relevant.
  15. 22 Feb '10 21:20
    ? how are they different from anti-royalist Jordanian groups?