1. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    05 Oct '09 03:06
    Originally posted by sh76
    The article you cited:

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn6519-survival-of-genetic-homosexual-traits-explained.html

Italian geneticists may have explained how genes apparently linked to male homosexuality survive, despite gay men seldom having children. [i][b]Their findings also undermine the theory of a single "gay gene"

The researcher ...[text shortened]... c factors being an element but not the sole determinative of a person's sexual orientation.[/b]
    You could be right on that as I have said. We do agree that it is something the person can not change himself. Maybe parents can somehow identify it and somehow steer their children away from it... that is if NAMBLA man isn't encouraging it in the school systems from his lofty appointment.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 19:15

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 21:41
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Seeking sex in public restrooms is disgusting and should be illegal regardless of the gender and/or sexual orientation of the participants.

If you think sodomy is dirty, you're free not to practice it. Why would you presume to tell anyone else whether they should also find it dirty?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 21:54

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 21:59

6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    06 Oct '09 22:50
    I don't see anyone on this thread saying that no one can be "born gay." I'm not even sure what that phrase means, as babies don't experience sexual arousal or have sexual needs. I've yet to see my three month old jacking off in his crib.

I said that I understand that there are probably genetic predispositions but I also think that environmental stimuli play ...[text shortened]... e of time? Or has your sexual desire been constant and unchanging since you were 13?
    "I've yet to see my three month old jacking off in his crib."

If you never again give me that mental image I would greatly appreciate it. I think after that one I'm going medical to be treated for PTSD, thank you very much.

I don't know that a gay gene has never been found, however, I will take you at your word because I know you at least try to be accurate. There are many genes for countless conditions that still have yet to be discovered. The lack of this discovery is hardly conclusive that it doesn't exist.

I fully agree with you that sexual attraction is developed later, and that our sexuality is more a predisposition for that development. That being said, I think most people are born with a moderate to very strong disposition to being straight, some in the middle (bi-sexuals) and some with a strong disposition toward being gay. That what I mean about being "born gay"
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 07:50
    I don't see anyone on this thread saying that no one can be "born gay." I'm not even sure what that phrase means, as babies don't experience sexual arousal or have sexual needs. I've yet to see my three month old jacking off in his crib.
    That is because it is a good place.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 08:101 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    I'm from the Bay (gay!) Area, CA so I've been around more gay people than you can imagine. I have no doubt that the feminine demeanor of many gay males is a biproduct of them... being gay.
    Maybe it's a byproduct of their lack of acceptance in society... while the stereotypical "feminin" gay male exists here, most of them are just ordinary people. Or maybe you don't notice the "ordinary" gays because they have not come out of the closet.
  9. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 11:53
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Maybe it's a byproduct of their lack of acceptance in society... while the stereotypical "feminin" gay male exists here, most of them are just ordinary people. Or maybe you don't notice the "ordinary" gays because they have not come out of the closet.
    When I was 13 I used to hang out with my older sister and her friends. One of the guys that hung with our group was this guy named Greg, as self-described straight guy who everyone felt was actually gay. As much as he tried to hide it he really seemed pretty fricking flamming.

A couple years later it turned out our suspicions were right. This isn't something any of us can prove or disprove, but I just believe strongly that whatever causes a disposition toward homosexuality (can) also contribute to opposite gender mannerisms.

If you ever watch the film 'Religiousless' where Maher interviews that supposedly "reformed" Christian homosexual, doesn't he still seem a little light in the lofers?
  10. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 13:29
    There's this stereotype that gay men are generally "flaming" or at least are a lot more feminine than average - and that gay women are more masculine than average.

There's probably something to this, but has anyone ever done any kind of scientific study on this? Or is this one of those ultra-taboo places that no scientist dares ever to tread? But I've always believed that the more taboo something is, the more scientists should be involved in studying it.
  11. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 18:43
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    There's this stereotype that gay men are generally "flaming" or at least are a lot more feminine than average - and that gay women are more masculine than average.

There's probably something to this, but has anyone ever done any kind of scientific study on this? Or is this one of those ultra-taboo places that no scientist dares ever to tread? But I've ...[text shortened]... ed that the more taboo something is, the more scientists should be involved in studying it.
    The problem is "flammingness" isn't something you can quantify. I doubt there's a way to study this issue and call it scientific.
  12. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 19:041 edit
    The problem is "flammingness" isn't something you can quantify. I doubt there's a way to study this issue and call it scientific.
    one way would be to make a list of behaviors that are normally seen much more often in women than in men - and use them to produce a "femm" scale. Then we could get a random sample of gay men, and see how they scored on this "femm" scale compared with a control sample of all men.

another way would be to gather an evenly mixed group of gay and straight men, and have a large panel of judges behind a two-way mirror observe each man's normal pattern of speech and mannerisms, with each judge giving them a "flame" score. We could then see whether or not the gay people have significantly higher "flame" scores.
  13. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 19:58
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    one way would be to make a list of behaviors that are normally seen much more often in women than in men - and use them to produce a "femm" scale. Then we could get a random sample of gay men, and see how they scored on this "femm" scale compared with a control sample of all men.

another way would be to gather an evenly mixed group of gay and straight ...[text shortened]... could then see whether or not the gay people have significantly higher "flame" scores.
    That would make an awesome game show.

"Welcome to Name that Flame!"
  14. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '09 20:18
    That would make an awesome game show.

"Welcome to Name that Flame!"
    the show could be produced by the guys from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy".

RuPaul could be the host.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree