Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard member spruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    20 Oct '10 10:44
    Well, I guess this is what we have to look forward to:

    http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Most-Emailed-Photos/ss/1756/im:/101019/ids_photos_ts/r1806626953.jpg
  2. 20 Oct '10 10:55
    Or perhaps just a bigger selection pool for the military and thus better soldiers.
  3. Standard member spruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    20 Oct '10 10:56
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Or perhaps just a bigger selection pool for the military and thus better soldiers.
    I guess when I picture 'better soldiers' this is not what I envision. But that may just be me.
  4. 20 Oct '10 11:35
    Originally posted by spruce112358
    Well, I guess this is what we have to look forward to:

    http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Most-Emailed-Photos/ss/1756/im:/101019/ids_photos_ts/r1806626953.jpg
    zzoo mah goodness. where to begin.

    do you think he was a psychopath because he was gay?
    do you think he was a psychopath because the army acts like a catalyst for crazyness for gays?
    do you think dressing in women lenjerie makes someone be a bad soldier? does that include women or just men?
    do you think being gay makes one a bad soldier?
    if the psychopath would have been christian, would your thread title be "christians in the military"?
    he is also white, why not say "whites in the military"?

    enlighten me as to what did you mean by this thread. because as it stands now, you just be the number 1 contender for most ignorant poster in 2010 on rhp.
  5. Standard member DrKF
    incipit parodia
    20 Oct '10 11:36
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    zzoo mah goodness. where to begin.

    do you think he was a psychopath because he was gay?
    do you think he was a psychopath because the army acts like a catalyst for crazyness for gays?
    do you think dressing in women lenjerie makes someone be a bad soldier? does that include women or just men?
    do you think being gay makes one a bad soldier?
    if the psyc ...[text shortened]... s it stands now, you just be the number 1 contender for most ignorant poster in 2010 on rhp.
    rec'd
  6. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    20 Oct '10 11:47
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Band_of_Thebes
  7. 20 Oct '10 15:47
    Originally posted by spruce112358
    Well, I guess this is what we have to look forward to:

    http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Most-Emailed-Photos/ss/1756/im:/101019/ids_photos_ts/r1806626953.jpg
    I thought the cat was cute but the clincher was the monkey riding the pig! (What in the world are you talking about?)
  8. 20 Oct '10 17:12
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Band_of_Thebes
    Bosse! wikipedia?!? ...
  9. 20 Oct '10 17:14
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Band_of_Thebes
    Mary Renault:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_of_the_Wine
  10. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    20 Oct '10 17:14
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I thought the cat was cute but the clincher was the monkey riding the pig! (What in the world are you talking about?)
    I'm guessing that the pic at that website changes frequently...
  11. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    20 Oct '10 17:23
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    zzoo mah goodness. where to begin.

    do you think he was a psychopath because he was gay?
    do you think he was a psychopath because the army acts like a catalyst for crazyness for gays?
    do you think dressing in women lenjerie makes someone be a bad soldier? does that include women or just men?
    do you think being gay makes one a bad soldier?
    if the psyc ...[text shortened]... s it stands now, you just be the number 1 contender for most ignorant poster in 2010 on rhp.
    Hammer, meet nail. Rec'd.
  12. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    20 Oct '10 17:29 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    he is also white, why not say "whites in the military"?
    Because white heterosexuals are in power and like to see themselves as superior. It causes cognitive dissonance to self-identify with this person so they label him as the "other" in whatever way is convenient. If he were a straight black man they'd blame his race.

    Dissonance is also reduced by justifying, blaming, and denying.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance


    EDIT - If he were a blue eyed heterosexual Muslim they'd blame his religion.
  13. 20 Oct '10 17:31
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Because white heterosexuals are in power and like to see themselves as superior. It causes cognitive dissonance to self-identify with this person so they label him as the "other" in whatever way is convenient. If he were a straight black man they'd blame his race.

    Dissonance is also reduced by justifying, blaming, and denying.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance
    wut

    check who's president.
  14. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    20 Oct '10 17:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    wut

    check who's president.
    Black conservatives made him President for exactly this reason.

    Before it was "white" heterosexuals, it was Anglo heterosexuals. That's one reason why Kennedy was so important.
  15. 20 Oct '10 17:41
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Black conservatives made him President for exactly this reason.

    Before it was "white" heterosexuals, it was Anglo heterosexuals. That's one reason why Kennedy was so important.
    you better check up on your supplier ... he's feeding you some whack stuff, man.

    what "black conservatives" are you talking about?