Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    26 Mar '11 21:09 / 1 edit
    This man is extremely hated in certain circles in the USA. Does he deserve it?

E.g.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/5172-george-soros-the-puppetmaster
  2. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    26 Mar '11 22:00
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung

E.g.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/5172-george-soros-the-puppetmaster
    Yes, he's rich. That alone is enough to send him to the guillotine.
  3. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    26 Mar '11 22:04
    Originally posted by rwingett
    You are an idiot.
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    26 Mar '11 22:21
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    You are an idiot.
    Lighten up; it's a pretty funny comment. I might have to actually renew my sub just to rec it.
  5. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    26 Mar '11 22:22
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Lighten up; it's a pretty funny comment. I might have to actually renew my sub just to rec it.
    I didn't think it was that funny but I donated a rec for you.
  6. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    26 Mar '11 23:57
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's predictable, tiresome garbage, but please subscribe and rec it. If you do I'll try to be nicer.
  7. 27 Mar '11 00:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung

E.g.

Well lets see, he became wealthy beyond comprehension by wrecking economies around the world, then he used his wealth to weild political power in the US and around the world to mold the world they way HE thinks it to be so he can help herd the masses the way HE thinks they should go.

Nope, I got nothing. I just can't see why he is so hated.
  8. 27 Mar '11 00:45
    Let me guess, you have a French/Russian ancestory.
  9. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    27 Mar '11 01:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    Let me guess, you have a French/Russian ancestory.
    No, I have Neptunian/Plutonian ancestry. And I am an idiot.
  10. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    27 Mar '11 01:31
    You are an idiot.
    Here's a question for you. It seems that John Hinckley (Reagan's attempted assassin) is being considered for release after 30 years. Do you think we should build a 50 foot statue honoring Hinckley, or a 100 foot tall statue? My thought is that since he didn't actually succeed, maybe 100 feet would be overdoing it.

Either way, we could mount Soros' severed head on a pike and put it close to the statue.
  11. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    27 Mar '11 06:48
    Here's a question for you. It seems that John Hinckley (Reagan's attempted assassin) is being considered for release after 30 years. Do you think we should build a 50 foot statue honoring Hinckley, or a 100 foot tall statue? My thought is that since he didn't actually succeed, maybe 100 feet would be overdoing it.

Either way, we could mount Soros' severed head on a pike and put it close to the statue.
    My apologies for calling you and idiot before. You have obviously given much thought to the death of those who either have more money than you, or who disagree with you politically. Perhaps this will help:

When you cannot make up your mind between two evenly balanced courses of action, choose the bolder. - General W.J. Slim
  12. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    27 Mar '11 06:55
    Well lets see, he became wealthy beyond comprehension by wrecking economies around the world, then he used his wealth to weild political power in the US and around the world to mold the world they way HE thinks it to be so he can help herd the masses the way HE thinks they should go.
    Do you advocate states around the world intervening on behalf of "the masses" in various ways to prevent rich people from molding the world to be the way they think it should be?
  13. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    27 Mar '11 12:42
    My apologies for calling you and idiot before. You have obviously given much thought to the death of those who either have more money than you, or who disagree with you politically. Perhaps this will help:

When you cannot make up your mind between two evenly balanced courses of action, choose the bolder. - General W.J. Slim
    I'm just waiting for the new civil war. It'll be conservatives in one trench and progressives in another. When the conservatives go 'over the top', I want to be there to machine gun them down in droves as they surge across no man's land. If I slaughter enough of them, maybe they'll call me a hero and give me a medal. It's good to have goals, you know?
  14. 27 Mar '11 13:34 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you advocate states around the world intervening on behalf of "the masses" in various ways to prevent rich people from molding the world to be the way they think it should be?
    Er....um.....those running the state either are the rich or are owned by the rich.

Really it comes down to having soooo much money that making money no longer has the same appeal. Instead you move to "shape" the world they way you think it should be. Now we are left with what George thinks. What would George do? Our future now will mirror what rich "intellectuals" around the globe think it should look like. The masses must now be herded around as a whole. Individual freedoms must wane as a result around the globe. It's our "collective salvation" they offer.
  15. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    27 Mar '11 13:41
    Er....um.....those running the state either are the rich or are owned by the rich.

Really it comes down to having soooo much money that making money no longer has the same appeal. Instead you move to "shape" the world they way you think it should be. Now we are left with what George thinks. What would George do? Our future now will mirror what rich "in ...[text shortened]... doms must wane as a result around the globe. It's our "collective salvation" they offer.
    In other words you're having it both ways, as ever. Leave the rich alone. Let their corporations distort the political process. Don't leave the rich alone. Don't let their corporations distort the political process. Got it.