Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    10 Aug '14 00:59 / 1 edit
    Do not let the Antisemitic deceivers around here feed you
    a rosy story. What is going on in the world today has a
    clear explanation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krvCQbzPKiI

Watch and soak in the simplicity of it all.
  2. 10 Aug '14 03:11
    Originally posted by Seitse
    clear explanation:

Your pitch that this is a must watch is unconvincing. Even off putting. Just a comment on your approach.
  3. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    10 Aug '14 03:12
    tldnw
  4. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    10 Aug '14 08:45
    Originally posted by JS357
    Your pitch that this is a must watch is unconvincing. Even off putting. Just a comment on your approach.
    Yeah, I have that effect on people.
  5. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    10 Aug '14 09:32
    clear explanation:

1 hour and 38 minutes of Islamaphobia and misrepresentation is one way to respond to what you perceive as Anti-Semitism but all you are offering is hate speech in response to hate speech. One can interpret the Koran, or the Torah, or the Bible, to support whatever one would like it to support. It is that flexibiliity that enables religion to persist through such huge time-scales.

However, you work from a false premise. Criticising the violence of The IDF does not imply approval of the violence of (for example) ISIS since it is obviously possible to criticise all violence without falling into either trap. The violence seen by ISIS is, however, the product of failed states and the destruction of society in Iraq, Syria and beyond, it is not inherently the product of Islam. The violence of the IDF is the product of an ideology - Zionism, in so far as this has been hijacked by the extremist Greater Israel project. Also it has the explicit and substantial support of fundamentalist Christians in the USA, so that it is not an exclusively Jewish project - just an extremist one.

Opposing the current policies and practice of the Israeli state is not Anti-Semitism. Promoting Islamaphobia is just hate speech and the promotion of further violence. By dehumanising your (perceived) enemy you seek to justify extremes of violence and injustice towards them. Plenty of idiots accept that poisonous version of events and plenty of those idiots are the products of being "schooled" by witless brainless bigots like yourself. Unfortunately, when you keep on dehumanising other people then they will sometimes, eventually respond in kind and even accept the identity you have invented for them. The hateful behaviour we see today among some fundamentalist Muslims is the product of Western racism and abuse over a long period of time. The hateful behaviour we see in your posts and others is the product of ...
  6. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    10 Aug '14 09:56
    clear explanation:

It should be apparent to anyone by now that Islam is NOT a peaceful and tolerant religion, nor is anything good about it. It is an evil and Satanic inspired religion that values death over life. Islam is a religion that teaches the oppression of women and the beheading of all those that oppose Islam and their Satanic Allah of destruction.
  7. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    10 Aug '14 10:05
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It should be apparent to anyone by now that Islam is NOT a peaceful and tolerant religion, nor is anything good about it. It is an evil and Satanic inspired religion that values death over life. Islam is a religion that teaches the oppression of women and the beheading of all those that oppose Islam and their Satanic Allah of destruction.
    It should be obvious also that Christianity and Judaism have the same capacity for extremes of violence and intolerance. Indeed, giving people a licence to interpret their ancient scriptures as they wish in relation to ongoing current affairs is a recipe for total war. Any doubts - refer to RJH advocating nuclear weapons for the Palestinian - Israeli conflict.
  8. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    10 Aug '14 10:29
    Originally posted by finnegan
    It should be obvious also that Christianity and Judaism have the same capacity for extremes of violence and intolerance. Indeed, giving people a licence to interpret their ancient scriptures as they wish in relation to ongoing current affairs is a recipe for total war. Any doubts - refer to RJH advocating nuclear weapons for the Palestinian - Israeli conflict.
    I don't recall advocating nuclear weapons for the Palestinian - Israeli conflict. I might have said something about dropping a nuclear bomb to stop ISIS, but not on the Palestinians.
  9. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    10 Aug '14 11:29
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't recall advocating nuclear weapons for the Palestinian - Israeli conflict. I might have said something about dropping a nuclear bomb to stop ISIS, but not on the Palestinians.
    Yes it is the sort of trivial remark that might get mixed up in the telling. Along the lines of "remind me again - who was that I wanted to nuke?
  10. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    10 Aug '14 11:52
    1 hour and 38 minutes of Islamaphobia and misrepresentation
    What do you know about Islamic theology, sweetie?
  11. 10 Aug '14 12:26
    1 hour and 38 minutes of Islamaphobia and misrepresentation is one way to respond to what you perceive as Anti-Semitism but all you are offering is hate speech in response to hate speech. One can interpret the Koran, or the Torah, or the Bible, to support whatever one would like it to support. It is that flexibiliity that enables religion to persist throug ...[text shortened]... long period of time. The hateful behaviour we see in your posts and others is the product of ...
    Here we go again. All religions are the same crowd. But if I were to say that all Muslims were the same I would have PC stones thrown at me.

Ha!!

Make no mistake, Islam is Islam. It is not Christianity. It is not Hinduism. Believe it or not, there are differences that make it different. One of those differences is that Islam was created by a warlord by the name of Muhammad to conquer and gain power. Conversely, Christianity was created by someone who chastened his follower Peter for taking out a sword to defend him. Then to drive home the point, we see Jesus reattaching the ear that Peter lopped off to protect his Lord. Then they murdered Jesus by crucifixion, something that Muhammad advocated.

So Islam is a religion for statist warlords as we see today. Granted, thanks to Constantine some 300 years after Christ, this was attempted in the Christian world, but only for a time. But then, power hungry collectivists will use anything at their disposal to oppress and murder like our beloved Muhammad did. In fact, after the battle of Medina he had some 800 men beheaded. To say such a fellow has any resemblance to a man called Jesus is idiotic, disingenuous, and down right insane.
  12. 10 Aug '14 12:31
    clear explanation:

Thanks for the video.

I did learn a few things. I did not know that the theology of Muhammad evolved from peaceful teachings when he had no political power, to one of conquest when he obtained power. Nor did I know that Muslims adhere to the most recent teachings of Muhammad when his various teachings seem to conflict with each other. Since his last days were ones of conquest and hate, it stands to reason that most turn a blind eye to is earlier teachings of tolerance and coexistence.
  13. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    10 Aug '14 13:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    Thanks for the video.

I did learn a few things. I did not know that the theology of Muhammad evolved from peaceful teachings when he had no political power, to one of conquest when he obtained power. Nor did I know that Muslims adhere to the most recent teachings of Muhammad when his various teachings seem to conflict with each other. Since his last day ...[text shortened]... tands to reason that most turn a blind eye to is earlier teachings of tolerance and coexistence.
    You're very welcome.

The most interesting thing for me was that the Quran has a specific
    theory of abrogation, by which it is said that if newer parts contradict
    older, the newer ones are the valid ones (s. 9th).

So, basically, the peaceful stuff is trumped by the verse of the sword.
    Like the former Hamas activist said: there are many peaceful Muslims,
    but they are peaceful because they are ignorant of what their book
    says or because they chose to ignore it, in which case they would be
    beheaded by the pure Muslims.
  14. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    10 Aug '14 13:49 / 1 edit
    However, you work from a false premise. Criticising the violence of The IDF does not imply approval of the violence of (for example) ISIS since it is obviously possible to criticise all violence without falling into either trap. The violence seen by ISIS is, however, the product of failed states and the destruction of society in Iraq, Syria and beyond, it i ...[text shortened]... Christians in the USA, so that it is not an exclusively Jewish project - just an extremist one.
    This is an extremely unlikely extenuation. To argue that ISIS is less a product of Islam than the IDF actions in Gaza are a produce of Zionism beggars reasonability.

ISIS openly and regularly declares that its agenda is the re-formation of an Islamic Caliphate.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2674736/ISIS-militants-declare-formation-caliphate-Syria-Iraq-demand-Muslims-world-swear-allegiance.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/iraq-turmoil/isis-leader-al-baghdadi-calls-muslims-rush-your-state-n145521

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2014/06/isil-declares-new-islamic-caliphate-201462917326669749.html

The "violence of the IDF" on the other hand is an attempt, misguided or not (and effective or not), to stop the rocket attacks from Gaza. The "Greater Israel project" is nothing more than the modern day Protocols of the Elders of Zion. Aside from being fictitious, it is also obviously incompatible with IDF conduct in that Israel has withdrawn from Gaza after each incursion. If Israel were interested in any kind of imperialist designs that included Gaza, why would they keep withdrawing under no compulsion from Gaza?
  15. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    10 Aug '14 13:54
    What do you know about Islamic theology, sweetie?
    I never knew you liked me!